City hears residents' groans over movie shoot

There are 1 comment on the Nov 30, 2007, The Jersey Journal story titled City hears residents' groans over movie shoot. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

“What about our right to a peaceful life?”

Residents of Kensington Avenue in Jersey City, many of whom were upset that parking has been eliminated on their street to accommodate a movie production, will get more parking than originally planned, as well ... via The Jersey Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

Godfrey Mbayiki

New York, NY

#1 Dec 3, 2007
The shooting of this movie, "Two Lovers" on my block has been a very big inconvenience to the residents of Kensington Avenue.
This morning at around 6:45 am a Jersey City Police Officer banged on my door (very loud by the way) & told me that I have to move my vehicle which was parked on the 107 Kensington Avenue.
I had to get dressed and rushed out to move the car - only to find the same Police Officer together with 2 crew members of this Two Lovers movie standing next to my car as the officer summoned me with a ticket.
Much as it's already an inconvenience to shot this movie on our block, I also have to pay such ridiculous fines.
It was so bad that some of the cars were being towed away. I guess as usual this is one of those instances when the Police & the tow truck companies such as Logan connive to make more money from innocent tax payers.
If anybody can get to talk to Gwyneth Paltrow & Joaquin Phoenix - please tell them that this movie, "Two Lovers" is already a pain in the butt.
I guess this will be the most expensive movie to watch - especially after paying an alleged fine to the Police.

Save us please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincoln Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Man stole pal's car to avoid missing co... Apr 13 Abrahammock Relig... 1
News Riverdale police charge woman with DWI after al... Feb '15 Carol 1
Amanda Forysth (Sep '14) Feb '15 pinkysthumb 15
Pompton Plains Resident Jan '15 G Hawthorne 1
Hair Core Salon Jan '15 Happy girl 1
Review: Suther Electric LLC Jan '15 anthony jonston 1
News N.J. teen who sued parents back in court in dom... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Curious 1
More from around the web

Lincoln Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]