tom

Claremont, NH

#1 Nov 21, 2008
Well I am just wondering what people think are the coolest bars in and around the Lin-wood area. What do you think are the coolest places to hang out are, and for what reasons?

Which ones over serve the most, which ones shut people off. Are there some things you can find at some and not others.

Come on people lets hear it!
sandi in georgia

Cartersville, GA

#2 Nov 21, 2008
hi tom are you from lincoln or northwoodstock i used to be my nephew talks about truants alot usually all good things and what a good time him and his friends have there
tom

Claremont, NH

#3 Nov 22, 2008
No sandy i'm not from the area but i do spend some time up there and have heard many things about the bar you mentioned. Not all of them good...
sandi in georgia

Cartersville, GA

#4 Nov 22, 2008
ijust heard the bad things about truants on here but have never been to any of them up there when i go home i do plenty of visiting hahah i also have heard good things about the woodstock station
wow

Portland, ME

#5 Nov 22, 2008
trunts has the best food of ALL the bars!
Anon

Portland, ME

#6 Nov 24, 2008
actually, as someone who lives in Woodstock, Truants isn't that great of a bar, actually Truant's is pretty bad. I guess they are trying to make it better but I don't think it will work. the station is pretty good but you can get great drinks at Imperial Palace and I really like Cj's Penalty Box in Lincoln. Gordi's has great food and a cool feeling to the place, great after skiing joint.
And wow, Truant's food is awful. There are a tons of better bars in town that serve food. If you want to pay a little more, the Gypsy Cafe is amazing and a new wine bar just opened by Lahout's called Vita and they are very good and reasonably priced. They have a pretty big selection of Imported beers from all over the world. Great food and great beer.
wow

Portland, ME

#7 Nov 24, 2008
Anon wrote:
actually, as someone who lives in Woodstock, Truants isn't that great of a bar, actually Truant's is pretty bad. I guess they are trying to make it better but I don't think it will work. the station is pretty good but you can get great drinks at Imperial Palace and I really like Cj's Penalty Box in Lincoln. Gordi's has great food and a cool feeling to the place, great after skiing joint.
And wow, Truant's food is awful. There are a tons of better bars in town that serve food. If you want to pay a little more, the Gypsy Cafe is amazing and a new wine bar just opened by Lahout's called Vita and they are very good and reasonably priced. They have a pretty big selection of Imported beers from all over the world. Great food and great beer.
you must be a disgruntled employee or have been thrown out of their bar or have some sort of ax to grind with them because the food at truants is the best around. i see employees from all other restaurants in town eating at truants all the time. restaurant workers know where to go, believe me.
Retiree

Nashua, NH

#8 Nov 26, 2008
Food at Truant's is not that great however they have a great tap selection of beer. CJ's is the best for food - that's where the locals go and Vita is good also.
I wouldn't know anything about places overserving anyone. What kind of question is that anyway - are you a cop Tom?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincoln Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Financial Problems at the Mountain? (Aug '13) Jan 30 Steep and Deep 126
Maura Murray (May '14) Jan 30 Det Columbo 108
WV Snow Reports Jan 26 Deep Powder Skier 15
happy birthday beagle Jan 23 A Fan 1
Woodpeckers Bar Fight Jan 17 Former Campton Re... 6
Good Home Theatre and Security Company for Wate... Jan 17 Harv1 4
PATRIC McCARTHY: THE REAL EVIDENCE (Aug '11) Jan '15 Observer 1,381

Winter Storm Warning for Grafton County was issued at February 01 at 3:23PM EST

Lincoln Dating
Find my Match