Native American tribes speak out abou...

Native American tribes speak out about climate change

There are 5 comments on the The Citizen story from Jun 18, 2007, titled Native American tribes speak out about climate change. In it, The Citizen reports that:

“Scientists call it global warming. We call it Earth Mother getting angry.”

Members of six tribes recently gathered near the Baker River in New Hampshire's White Mountains for a sacred ceremony honoring "Earth Mother." Talking Hawk, a Mohawk Indian who asked to be identified by his ... via The Citizen

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Citizen.

stump

AOL

#1 Jun 18, 2007
How can the spirit of the earth like the white man? Everywhere the white man has touched it, it is sore. Anonymous Wintu Women
Each day the number of times I am embarrassed to be one of the afore mentioned white men, increases.
Bluejay

United States

#2 Jun 18, 2007
Isn't It time for someone to wake up and pay attention to what our people have been saying for many, many, generations?????
GLOBAL WARMING IS CRAP

Auburn Hills, MI

#3 Jun 18, 2007
GOOD LORD!!!

HAS EVERYONE LOST THEIR MINDS???

NOW THE EARTH WHICH IS A PLANET HAS BECOME A BIG ANGRY MOTHER...

I SWEAR!!!

AL GORE EVEN HAS NATIVE AMERICANS DRINKING THE WARM YELLOW KOOL-AID OF GLOBAL WARMING...

HUMAN BEINGS HAVE BECOME SUCH PANIC-DRIVEN QUIVERING BLOBS...

WE ARE COMING OUT OF A LITTLE ICE AGE!!! HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST 300 YEARS!!!

HEAVEN FORBID WE WOULD HAVE TO BUCK-UP AND LEARN TO LIVE IN A WARMER CLIMATE...

WELL AT LEAST THERE ARE A FEW OF US FREE-THINKING INTELLIGENT PEOPLE LEFT...

MAYBE "BIG MOMMA" EARTH WILL SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE WARM WEATHER WITH THE REST OF US SMART FOLKS...
Sonny Boy

Stockton, CA

#4 Jun 18, 2007
GLOBAL WARMING IS CRAP wrote:
GOOD LORD!!!
HAS EVERYONE LOST THEIR MINDS???
NOW THE EARTH WHICH IS A PLANET HAS BECOME A BIG ANGRY MOTHER...
I SWEAR!!!
AL GORE EVEN HAS NATIVE AMERICANS DRINKING THE WARM YELLOW KOOL-AID OF GLOBAL WARMING...
HUMAN BEINGS HAVE BECOME SUCH PANIC-DRIVEN QUIVERING BLOBS...
WE ARE COMING OUT OF A LITTLE ICE AGE!!! HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST 300 YEARS!!!
HEAVEN FORBID WE WOULD HAVE TO BUCK-UP AND LEARN TO LIVE IN A WARMER CLIMATE...
WELL AT LEAST THERE ARE A FEW OF US FREE-THINKING INTELLIGENT PEOPLE LEFT...
MAYBE "BIG MOMMA" EARTH WILL SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE WARM WEATHER WITH THE REST OF US SMART FOLKS...
You better layoff the fire water, it's pickling whats left of your brain.
Say What

Farmington, NH

#5 Jun 23, 2007
I don't think it's just the white man who's to blame here.At one time or anothe rwe have all been guilty of doing damage to our enviroment.And to whoever wrote global warming is crap, I see you use such words as Good LORD and Heaven forbid, do you use those words because you beleive in GOD and that he created this wonderful home we call earth? Maybe it's not a planet that has become an angry mother. Could be an angry Father who see's hsi children destroying the home He has given them. Would you trash the house you live in? Would you let someone else come in there and trash it? The earth wasn't created for just humans but for animals as well. They are loosing home everyday due to global warming and loss of living space all due to many humans who don't give a rats ass what happens in 50 or 100 years or more because they wont be here. They don't care what is here for future generations. Wake up and take care of your home or you may loose it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincoln Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man drowns while swimming in northern NH brook Jul '17 gruntled 1
Ice Rink debacle (Feb '17) Jun '17 Paul Revere 6
Waterville Valley Investors Jun '17 movin-on 3
PATRIC McCARTHY: THE REAL EVIDENCE (Aug '11) May '17 gruntled 1,385
Murder in Campton (Feb '06) Mar '17 camp david 102
News Police Officer Bruce McKay Laid To Rest (Jun '07) Dec '16 WVF 64
Beatles For Sale tribute band coming to Lincoln... (Oct '16) Oct '16 New England Music... 1

Lincoln Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lincoln Mortgages