Need Help from Lincoln Locals - Murde...

Need Help from Lincoln Locals - Murder of Corrie Wood in Grant

Posted in the Lincoln Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Whitehouse Station, NJ

#1 Nov 11, 2008
Corrie Wood of Grant, NE died of blows to the head and body on Sep 20, 2008, several days before her 29th birthday. Her death is being treated as a homicide and is now being investigated by Nebraska State Patrol. She had a young daughter.

Corrie’s current boyfriend, Scott R. Petro, 38 (DOB 8/16/1970), who lived with Corrie, has an extensive criminal record in Lincoln, NE spanning 15+ years that includes assaults, DUI, poss of pot, phone harrassment, theft by deception, and terroristic threats. He spent several years in prison for the last charges and was released in 2006. He eventually moved to Grant. While in Lincoln, he may have owned a construction company called Acousti Construction on 2nd Street.

Does anyone in Lincoln know anything about Scott, details of his charges for theft by deception and terroristic threats or other charges, or Acousti Construction?

Reference Information:
http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/FindFile.asp...
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/09/murder...
http://lancjes2.lincoln.ne.gov/LANCPRD2/IWW81...
http://dcs-inmatesearch.ne.gov/Corrections/In...
http://dcs-inmatesearch.ne.gov/Corrections/In...
pvtdet

Omaha, NE

#2 Nov 21, 2008
[I believe I can help...I'm working on a related case. Please email me at [email protected]
Michael

Littleton, CO

#3 Dec 14, 2009
Well Corrie was my 2nd Cousin, and i will tell you from experience to the people that do not know Scott, He is Not what people think he is, he Loved Corrie with all his heart he would have gave the world to that women.... i saw it with my own two eyes, and for the people that think Scott did kill Corrie well im sorry to say you are wrong i spent the night before Corrie was murdered with scott cause the 21st was my birthday and me and corrie was suppose to have partied the day of her death. I Love Corrie and Scott with everything that i have which is not alot but what i have is very important to me. So please Everyone STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT THINGS THAT YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT.
Jake

Lincoln, NE

#4 Aug 12, 2010
Well I know Scott better then most, and yes this is something he could have done. I have seen him in fights and he had hit my sister in the past. There is nothing I would put past Scott!! He is a VERY VERY BAD person!!
Kim

Edmond, OK

#5 Jan 29, 2011
Concerned citizen - a friend forwarded this post to me because I know him well. You are correct in your information on the post. The theft by deception is one of his more tame crimes. I will in no way say anyone is guilty before proven so, that isn't my place. I wanted to comment that the construction company was his company from about 1997-2000 - maybe longer. Not sure on the threats-but if he wasn't so frightening there would be many more charges against him. He has been in so much trouble with the law since mid 90's. And has hurt many people in the Lincoln area. Concerned citizen - I share your concern as this could have easily been me.@Jake - I too was a victim of his abuse but god blessed me with a beautiful life! I hope that for your sister [email protected] - I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you are right.
Kim

Edmond, OK

#6 Jan 29, 2011
I wanted to make one more comment so you could have some inkling of the type of guy he was in the time I knew him - which thankfully I was able to completely shake him from my life early 2000's... He was a real likable person in public. But soon to find out looks were deceiving. He was untruthful, unfaithful, and treats women (and I can't count how many there were while I was in the picture) terribly. He enjoys the nightlife and the partying lifestyle. And loves attention. It wouldn't surprise me if he has found a new home state to try and hide out in and start over. As he did from Nebraska to Florida, back to Nebraska. The construction company Acousti was his construction company in Lincoln though there wasn't much construction going on after the first couple of years. I also know he has more children than the 3 year old I read about in another post. Dating back 10 years ago not sure how many kids he has "fathered". Can't imagine he left too many "friends" behind in Lincoln. So I wasn't at all surprised to hear he had relocated back to grant. This story is of great sadness to me and I will pray for all who morn the loss of this young lady. Hope thi info helps.
kristi

Helmville, MT

#7 Apr 13, 2011
Hi Kim,
I'm sorry to hear that you had to be a part of Scotts life as did my friend Corrie Wood. She was a dear friend to me and i'm trying to bring more media attention to her story. I would like to talk to you and get more info on Scott if you don't mind. My email is [email protected]
I want to find justice for Corrie and her daughter. Thanks Kim.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#8 Nov 4, 2011
well my name is Jennifer and I am scott petros current fiance. We just had a son and we plan on getting married soon. How can any of you judge him on his past crimminal record. to this day scott loves corrie with all his heart. I do not think for one second that scott did this to such a wonderful person. You guys need to focus on the real suspect. scott may have been many things in his past, but that he is not. and for the construction company which i might add was very successful, and if you guys were so close `to them you would know all about it. Its easy to point the finger at someone who has a crimminal record have you ever thought about what he went through when all this was going on. People who have known scott and corrie for many years turned there back on him when they should of been there for him. weres the loyalty. and for those of you who do know scott and are still standing by him. he thanks you for your support. scott may have a bad past but what ever happened to people changing when they find something worth changing for. and for him that was corrie.and if he hit your sister which i cannot see him doing it. do you know the circumstances behind the story. believe half of what you hear and only half of what you see. scott is a wonderful person, he loves his family my children and our children. he is a wonderful father. a wonderful fiance and deserves the curtisy of all you who are slandering him to wait until he is proven to be either innocent or guilty. none of you guys know him who are playing investigator and wrongfuly accusing him. all he is guilty of is loving corrie. with that said i hope we find justice for corrie, i hope they find out who really did this to her. and when you do find out i hope all of you who were wrong feel ashamed of yourselves. and i hope you know the pain youve caused him that no one should have to endure in a lifetime. loosing the love of your life and then having everyone you thought was your friend turn their backs on you. shame on you.
Wow

United States

#9 Nov 4, 2011
This chick is just as crazy as Scott!!! You need to re-read what you post and think about what you typed! Yes believe half of what you see and hear! So how do you know his "construction" company was VERY successful? From what Scott has told you? Blahahaha! All I can say is you will see the light one day that is if your not dead by then!
Jake

United States

#10 Nov 5, 2011
I hear Scott is in jail on a gun charge. Same ol Scott
justice for corrie

Joplin, MO

#11 Nov 6, 2011
Well Jennifer first off I want to say that you have no clue of Scott's and Corries relationship. All you know is what he has told you and of course he's saying that he done nothing wrong and that he loved her blah blah blah. He was abusive not only verbally but physically. He was very controlling of her and very jealous. I'm not judging him by his past, I'm judging him of what I KNOW he done to Corrie before her murder. I don't believe he meant to kill her, I think it was a arguement that got got way out of control, and he beat her to death. I'm sure he loved her, everyone loved her. In time he will go to trial for he murder. Then we will find out what happened. Jennifer I'm glad that you are still alive to take care of your kids and if you look into your relationship with him and look into your heart I hope you see the truth.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#12 Nov 6, 2011
TO WHOEVERS SCREEN NAME IS WOW first off i dont appreciate you talking to me like that. i have done nothing wrong nor have i talked to you like shit. your so caught up in trying to slander scott that maybe you forgot that he has not been proven guilty. how do i know his company was very succesful because ive heard it from many people. how do you not know it. did you know scott and corrie. or are you just going with what you read.
Justice

Hastings, NE

#13 Nov 7, 2011
Jennifer you are all about saying "believe half of what you hear and only half of what you see", I think you need to take your own advice. I would be very careful if I were in your shoes. Scott already killed Corrie, he did it once and I wouldn't put it past him to do it again. Scott had to leave Nebraska because of what he did so he moved onto Arizona which is where you crossed his path, just another chapter in his long history of a messed up life. Get into tons of trouble and murder a very well known small town woman then move on...I wish Corrie would have never crossed paths with Scott because she would still be here. We lost an amazing person! Our minds will not rest until Scott is charged with the murder of Corrie Wood! I can't wait till he gets what he deserves, although it won't bring her back it will at least serve justice for her friends, family and her daughter.
Jake

Fremont, NE

#15 Dec 21, 2011
Does any one know what jail Scott is in?
Thinking of Corrie

Annandale, NJ

#16 Dec 28, 2011
Vinelink / Nebraska is now showing him as "In Custody" in Dawson County, NE.

Name Date of Birth Age Custody Status Agency/Reason Reporting Agency

PETRO, SCOTT RICHARD 08/16/1970 41 In Custody Dawson County Sheriff's Office Lexington Dawson County Sheriff's Office Lexington

PETRO, SCOTT (Alias) 08/16/1970 41 In Custody Dawson County Sheriff's Office Lexington Dawson County Sheriff's Office Lexington

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/si...o...
Jake

Fremont, NE

#17 Dec 28, 2011
Do we know why he is in jail?
Kim

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Jan 16, 2012
Current Fiance: just curious, how did you run across this website? Did you google him? I know that you feel you "know him" better than anyone else and that he is changed. I really believe you believe that. So did I. Time and time again. I believed it was the last time he would have/do/force me to do drugs, or switch me cars with a stolen car, or abuse me, or cheat on me... Just be careful. I truly hope that he has changed, because he really couldn't get any worse. I loved him more than life itself. But, simple fact: He is toxic. I am glad for myself and my child that I got away. And yes, he did hit Jake's sister. He was awful to her. I know when you love someone you don't want to hear bad things from other, much less others that you don't know, and I am not sure what went down in Grant, NE, but someone he was in a serious relationship died. Unexplained. And he ran like he always does. So, for the sake of you and your family, be careful. Cause he is a very angry, and violent person. When he uses or drinks, it gets very, very scary. Gods Peace!
Thinking of Corrie

Clinton, NJ

#19 Jan 25, 2012
From the Grant Tribune Sentinel:

Defendant bound over on failure to appear

Scott R. Petro, 41, came before Perkins County Judge Edward D. Steenburg for preliminary hearings on Jan. 4 in three separate cases of alleged felony charges and was bound over to District Court in all three.

Testimony at the hearings was provided by investigators from the Perkins County Sheriff’s Office and the Nebraska State Patrol.

The defendant was charged with: 1) alleged felony possession of a firearm which occurred in April 2009; 2) alleged possession of a firearm by a felon, a Class III Felony occurring in April 2009; alleged assault in the third degree, a Class I Misdemeanor; 3) alleged failure to appear in April 2010 when on bail, a Class IV Felony.
An arrest warrant was issued in April 2010 when the defendant failed to appear. He was apprehended in Arizona and remains incarcerated in Dawson County due to overcrowding in Keith County.
Bond remains at 10 percent of $50,000 on each of the alleged firearm possession charges, plus bond of 10 percent of $100,000 on the failure to appear charge.

A District Court date is pending.

The defendant is represented by attorney Gregory Beal of Ogallala. Prosecuting the cases are Perkins County Attorney Richard H. Roberts and Perkins County Deputy Attorney Joel W. Phillips with assistance from the Nebraska State Patrol in the investigation.

http://www.granttribune.com/index.php...
tanille tilford

Springfield, NE

#20 Apr 2, 2012
u told me everything and threatened me.i will do just what i told you when you were locked up last time.LOL,LOL
Thinking of Corrie

Clinton, NJ

#21 Jul 14, 2012
Defendant enters two guilty pleas
Scott R. Petro, 41, entered a guilty plea before District Judge Richard A. Birch on May 31 on two felony counts. Sentencing has been set for July 27.
The defendant pled guilty to Class III felony possession of a firearm which occurred in April 2009 and Class IV felony of failure to appear.
The defendant was arrested in Arizona and returned to Nebraska in October 2009. He remains incarcerated in Lincoln County.
A second felony charge of possession of a deadly weapon was dismissed.
The defendant is represented by Attorney Gregory Beal of Ogallala.
Prosecuting the cases are Perkins County Attorney Richard H. Roberts and Perkins County Deputy Attorney Joel W. Phillips with assistance from the Nebraska Attorney General.
A pre-sentence investigation was ordered by Judge Birch and if the investigation is completed in a timely manner, the sentencing date could be set closer.

http://www.granttribune.com/index.ph...eas-&a...

Lincoln County Detention Center - Inmate Detail and Booking Photo for Scott Petro
Booking Date: May 24, 2012
Bond Amount:$250,000

http://71.39.56.147/InmateDeta ils.aspx?BookingPK=98292

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincoln Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lincoln passageway still a hotbed for drug taki... Jan 12 Newsreader 1
News Foster child who suffered brain injury dies Jan 1 DCF are MONSTERS 1
Lincoln Music Selection (Sep '12) Dec '16 Musikologist 14
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! % Nov '16 Mr lincoln 1
co-eds for cash Nov '16 brandon 1
News Embattled Nebraska senator may survive cybersex... Oct '16 Clinton Rape Machine 7
Lincoln Auto glass replacement and Windshield ... Oct '16 Emma 2

Lincoln Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lincoln Mortgages