Coast Guard Suspends Search For Missi...

Coast Guard Suspends Search For Missing S.F. Crew

There are 16 comments on the cbs5.com story from Dec 17, 2006, titled Coast Guard Suspends Search For Missing S.F. Crew. In it, cbs5.com reports that:

The U.S. Coast Guard suspended the search Saturday afternoon for the three-person crew of a catamaran that set sail from San Francisco for Seattle Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbs5.com.

Lance Winslow

United States

#1 Dec 18, 2006
Their family had to hire the helicopter and it was a telephone techie who saved a family missing on a back road in Oregon. Now we have National Guard troops and million dollar aircraft searching Mt. Hood and lifting down the dead.

Why give no effort to the crew of this boat ?

No effort. Maybe because they're Brits and nobody cares ?
RB Washington State

Annapolis, MD

#2 Dec 18, 2006
Yes. Why no effort to save the crew? After all, a lot of effort has been applied to the Kim family search and the Mt Hood search.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Dec 18, 2006
RB Washington State wrote:
Yes. Why no effort to save the crew? After all, a lot of effort has been applied to the Kim family search and the Mt Hood search.
I read in another article that the contents of the ship's log, which was not made public, gave little chance of finding any survivors.

All the facts are not made public, so why criticize rescue efforts?
tom gm

Charleston, SC

#4 Dec 18, 2006
Lance Winslow wrote:
Their family had to hire the helicopter and it was a telephone techie who saved a family missing on a back road in Oregon. Now we have National Guard troops and million dollar aircraft searching Mt. Hood and lifting down the dead.
Why give no effort to the crew of this boat ?
No effort. Maybe because they're Brits and nobody cares ?
News reports say two Americans and the skipper from England. Not a great statement to make in any case.
brian SF South Dakota

United States

#5 Dec 18, 2006
This is my uncle. As a family we need to find him. We all are praying for his safe return.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

#6 Dec 19, 2006
I am David Rodmans Neighbor here in South Dakota and I too feel that not enough has been done to rescue this crew yet.

Dave is worthy of another search attempt !

Keep Praying Brian and Sue
Dont give up hope yet.

Tina Bowlan

Cambridge, MA

#7 Dec 19, 2006
I agree! They need to keep searching! He has a two year old grandson that needs his papa!

South Shields, UK

#8 Dec 21, 2006
Hi this is Donna-Marie, the skipper of the missing boat is my uncle. we would all love the search to continue over here but as the Old sailor says the is very lttle hope of the 3 men being alive due to evidence found. All we ask is that you pray and keep these 3 wonderful men in your minds. in reply to Lances comment the coast guard have been amazing. My uncle was the Coxswain of the NSRI lifeboat in Durban south africa and would know deep down in his heart that the coast guard have done all humanly possible to find them.
Don and Joyce Rodman

Sioux Falls, SD

#9 Dec 22, 2006
The Sioux Falls man is my husbands brother.David Rodman.We are in shock over the boat accident that no more search is being done to find him.Why the long search for the hiker's? David has a family and 2 children. He is a human being and has every right to be found.Can you believe how hard it is to not know where his body is?Or if he and the crew are on a life boat?????
Sad Christmas that our Dave won't be with us.
Don and Joyce Rodman
Charles Shaw

AOL

#10 Dec 24, 2006
I am a lifelong friend of Richard Beckman and believe all efforts were made to find the crew but due to circumstances the search had to be called off. Richard was also a registered captain and very experienced. This was a man who was bigger than life and lived his life to the fullest. Our prayers are with all three men and their families.
Daryl and Rhonda Rodman

Sioux Falls, SD

#11 Dec 24, 2006
To Kurt and Susie This is from your cousins Daryl and Rhonda Casey and Justin from Texas. We are in Sioux Falls for the next 3 days to try to find closure in the loss of Daryl's uncle David Rodman its been a very difficult time for the whole family.You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Love Daryl, Rhonda Casey and Justin Rodman
Anna Shaw

Ontario, CA

#12 Dec 25, 2006
Richard Beckman, has been a close family friend for many years, starting with my granfather then extending to my father and to the entire family. spending holidays, and just about every New Years eve with this man, I know that God is taking care of him! this may sound funny, but I feel he is now a pirate, sailing the ocean just has he has dreamed! As for the families of each men, I pray for you all, that God may give you the peace and asurance that it is all in God's hands.(Romans 8:28a) "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God"

South Shields, UK

#13 Dec 25, 2006
Anna, i have just read your blog and it was only about 2 days ago i said the same thing to my mum about my uncle john, the skipper, now being a pirate and sailing the high seas! i'm sure they are doing it together, what a team they are making!

Tavistock, UK

#14 Dec 25, 2006
Hi, Just so you lovely people on this forum know, the families and friends are being prayed for on a prayer chain over here in Tavistock, UK. Prayers were said publicly on Sunday and Christmas day for those of us who are suffering this loss. It's good to know none of us are alone in this and that others are propping us up through this time.

I continue to have much respect for a man who went out of his way to help others and exhibit care and compassion towards those who needed him.

Tim Roberts, John's brother-in-law
Lane Thomas

Austin, TX

#15 Jan 24, 2007
Was any evidence of the crew found?

Lane Thomas
Austin TX

South Shields, UK

#16 Jan 25, 2007
yes some evidence has been found, should you wish to know more please email me on [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincoln City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Depoe Bay fishing charter convicted of racketee... Apr '16 M Lee 1
News Hideous Heatwave Coming for Oregon; Coast in 70... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Hiner 1
Review: Nestucca Adventures (Apr '15) Apr '15 Kimbellina 1
News Two arrested for heroin possession in Siletz (Aug '08) Mar '15 motowndowntown 12
News West Linn businessman David Emami, caught in pa... (Feb '15) Feb '15 ballsdeepppp 1
News Rescued fishermen: Don't close helicopter base (Dec '14) Dec '14 fatbacks x 1
News Oregon Coast Whales - Guide to Whale Watching; ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Shelly Slader 1

Lincoln City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lincoln City Mortgages