Slain Ore. soldier honored at Taft me...

Slain Ore. soldier honored at Taft memorial service

There are 4 comments on the KGW-TV Portland story from May 8, 2007, titled Slain Ore. soldier honored at Taft memorial service. In it, KGW-TV Portland reports that:

The Oregon Coast community of Lincoln City is paying tribute to a local soldier who was among nine paratroopers killed in a suicide truck bombing in Iraq last month. via KGW-TV Portland

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KGW-TV Portland.

troy

Mcminnville, OR

#1 Aug 11, 2007
I was proud of him
tribal warrior

Lincoln City, OR

#2 Dec 13, 2007
Im proud of all those who serve.within years i will be too!!
Big John Wayne

Southampton, UK

#3 Dec 13, 2007
20 years old and dead as a dead rat. What a ridiculous waste of a young life.
He might not have had much of a brain and probably thought murdering Iraqis for money was a great idea. Despite all that, it is a pity. Another few years older and he might have been able to distinguish right from wrong.
Now he will be remembered as just another duped grunt who brought shame on the U.S.
Davis

Newport, OR

#4 Aug 20, 2010
Big John Wayne wrote:
20 years old and dead as a dead rat. What a ridiculous waste of a young life.
He might not have had much of a brain and probably thought murdering Iraqis for money was a great idea. Despite all that, it is a pity. Another few years older and he might have been able to distinguish right from wrong.
Now he will be remembered as just another duped grunt who brought shame on the U.S.
I went to school with this man you speak ill of. He was a dear friend and a surrogate brother to me. And judging from your location, you knew nothing about him or his life.
You are not one to speak of the morals and choices of others, especially those of soldiers. When all you do is go around on Internet forums and regurgitate up your disrespectful, sardonic, acrimonious and obviously very English type of commentary on the lives of dead HUMAN BEINGS. They are brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, wives, fathers, uncles, aunts, cousins and friends. And just because they were soldiers, you completely refuse to acknowledge their lives and the people they loved and the people who loved them. You should be ashamed to call yourself anything above a vile low-life imbecile
Perhaps you should think beyond your own selfish and subjective opinions and for once try to actually understand why these people do what they do instead of disrespecting them with your sarcastic criticsm. Then maybe you might have the testicular fortitude to not lean on that rotten heap of presumptions and ignorance you hail as intelligence and understanding.
Either way, you will always be remembered as just another Internet troll from the UK who brings shame to the rest of humanity and makes all of us truly wish the world does end in 2012.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincoln City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Depoe Bay fishing charter convicted of racketee... Apr '16 M Lee 1
News Hideous Heatwave Coming for Oregon; Coast in 70... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Hiner 1
Review: Nestucca Adventures (Apr '15) Apr '15 Kimbellina 1
News Two arrested for heroin possession in Siletz (Aug '08) Mar '15 motowndowntown 12
News West Linn businessman David Emami, caught in pa... (Feb '15) Feb '15 ballsdeepppp 1
News Rescued fishermen: Don't close helicopter base (Dec '14) Dec '14 fatbacks x 1
News Oregon Coast Whales - Guide to Whale Watching; ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Shelly Slader 1

Lincoln City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lincoln City Mortgages