Washington County teacher charged ass...

Washington County teacher charged assault, won't be disciplined at work

There are 39 comments on the Times-News Online story from Jan 3, 2008, titled Washington County teacher charged assault, won't be disciplined at work. In it, Times-News Online reports that:

A Washington County school teacher won't be disciplined at work for last week's alleged assault of a pizza parlor employee who he thought was involved in an incident with his teenage daughter. via Times-News Online

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-News Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WHAT

Johnson City, TN

#21 Apr 10, 2008
pappy wrote:
<quoted text>It's about time a Father stepped up and defended his child. Too many times a punk thug has hurt a child, and the Father is no where to be found, or too afraid of being prosecuted. After the punk thug was beat down, the punk daddy should have been beat down too. GOOD JOB!
Pappy, I personally believe you are actually Tim Grindstaff because no one fair minded, intelligent person would make such an outrageous statement. Let me start of by stating what is fact and what is "a bunch of crap." According to the news and the police, Tim Grindstaff went to Papa John's Pizza in Jonesborough, TN., and attacked a young man that he nor his daughter had ever met. He did this because he was mad at another young man, that worked for the same company, that was dating his 17-year old daughter. His daughter and this OTHER Man were mutually dating. Grindstaff went to Papa John's Pizza one morning and atacked the first person he saw. The person he attacked had never met Grindstaff's daughter. Tim Grindstaff attacked the wrong person. PAPPY, why do you think the innocent victim's dad should be beat up? Do you believe Grindstaff has the right to attck everyone at Papa John's Pizza? I am appauled at your ignorant statements! Hopefully, next time Grinstaff choses to randomly attack someone, it will be you. I think somebody has thing (fetish) for their daughter. I see no reason Grindstaff should not be found guilty of felony assault and sued for the horrifying assault he committed against an innocent person. PAPPY YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!BAD WRONG!!!
Mike C

Johnson City, TN

#22 Apr 10, 2008
SMALL TOWN MOM wrote:
I DO AGREE THAT PARENTS SHOULD PROTECT THEIR CHILDERN. BUT, YOU DON'T JUST TAKE THE LAW INTO YOUR OWN HANDS. I KNOW THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN WASHINGTON COUNTY IS A JOKE, BUT YOU HAVE TO LET THEM RUN THEIR COURSE. THEN BE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PERSON BEFORE YOU BECOME JUDGE, JURY AND HANGMAN. IF MR GRINDSTAFF'S DAUGHTER WAS UNDER AGE AND THE MAN THAT WAS MESSING WITH HER WAS AN ADULT. MAYBE HE NEEDS TO LOOK CLOSER AT WHAT HIS CHILD IS DOING IN HER SPARE TIME. FROM WHAT I HEAR THE WAY MR GRINDSTAFF LOOKS THE GIRLS OVER AT SCHOOL IS NOT PROPER FOR AN ADULT IN CHARGE OF THEM. I THINK HE BROKE THE LAW AND SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH ASSULT AND SUSPENDED FROM HIS POSTION. THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD TEACHERS OUT THERE READY TO STEP IN AND TAKE HIS SPOT. WE SHOULD OVERWELM THE SCHOOL BOARD WITH LETTERS AND CALLS FOR HIS DISMISSAL.
I agree with you. What Tim Grinstaff did to the "innocent" Papa John's guy was disgraceful. This was a prime example of how not to handle a situation, and why the police should handle all possible crimes. Tim Grindstaff harmed a person because he wanted revenge against his daughter's boy friend. The young man Grindstaff was actually targeting has not been charged with a crime. Why? Probably, he and Grindstaff's daughter were having a mutual relationship. My concern is what if another young man (at Davy Crocket High)ticks off Teacher Tim Grindstaff. Will he think its okay to stalk and attack the student? I hope someone at Davy Crocket High is keeping an eye on him, because he is a violent man!
TG the perv

Johnson City, TN

#23 May 26, 2008
Matt Taylor wrote:
I had Mr. Grindstaff at David Crockett High School! He is an excellent teacher and i garantee any student you ask will have only good things to say about him. He is protective over his daughter, thats a good thing! What would you do? Ya he got the wrong guy but not purposely. He made a big impact on my life and i hope he continues to do the same for other students.
That is not true because everyone knows he is a pervert. The way he looks at the young girls is perverted. Tim Grindstaff is a sicko!
The Truth

Johnson City, TN

#24 Sep 16, 2008
pappy wrote:
<quoted text>It's about time a Father stepped up and defended his child. Too many times a punk thug has hurt a child, and the Father is no where to be found, or too afraid of being prosecuted. After the punk thug was beat down, the punk daddy should have been beat down too. GOOD JOB!
Pappy is a dumb redneck piece of trash, hopefully next time Grindstaff has one of his fits it will be against Pappy The Fool!!!
u call urself parents

Jonesborough, TN

#25 Dec 17, 2008
O know did you all forget this is real life. And no this is not Tim Grindstaff. You can find me in Johnson City. I loved reading all about everyones pretend life's knowing that everyone is just saying this because they want to take the "correct side" and not really say what they would do. And no Mr.Grindstaff is not a pervert. I had him for a teacher also and he never once even made a comment like that. Step up people have your own thoughts. I would do the same thing he did and I am not afraid to say it. And if you all expect the law to do something when you call and say some boy is messing with my girl you really have another thing comming.
PJs

Johnson City, TN

#26 Dec 19, 2008
u call urself parents wrote:
O know did you all forget this is real life. And no this is not Tim Grindstaff. You can find me in Johnson City. I loved reading all about everyones pretend life's knowing that everyone is just saying this because they want to take the "correct side" and not really say what they would do. And no Mr.Grindstaff is not a pervert. I had him for a teacher also and he never once even made a comment like that. Step up people have your own thoughts. I would do the same thing he did and I am not afraid to say it. And if you all expect the law to do something when you call and say some boy is messing with my girl you really have another thing comming.
You are an idiot if you think what happened is right. An employee at papa johns was viscously attacked by a crazy man. Keep in mind the pizza guy had never seen grindstaff or his family, ever. Hopefully, grindstaff will attack you next time, since you think it is okay to attack innocent people. You are a fool!!!!!! You have to be grindstaff because no sane person would agree with what he did.
Grim Reaper

Chester, VA

#27 Jan 6, 2009
Exactly what school does this "gift" to education system work at? My son goes to one of the elementary schools there. I don't live in the area but his mother does and she is not the brights bulb.
PJs

Johnson City, TN

#28 Feb 5, 2009
Grim Reaper wrote:
Exactly what school does this "gift" to education system work at? My son goes to one of the elementary schools there. I don't live in the area but his mother does and she is not the brights bulb.
Davy Crocket High
larry scott

Knoxville, TN

#29 Feb 5, 2009
If this coward would have done this to my son without coming to me first then I would look him up and give him what he deserves a good taste of what he done to the kid. Teacher or no teacher!
Joe

Jonesborough, TN

#30 Feb 17, 2009
larry scott wrote:
If this coward would have done this to my son without coming to me first then I would look him up and give him what he deserves a good taste of what he done to the kid. Teacher or no teacher!
Amen
scotty grindstaff

Johnson City, TN

#31 Mar 4, 2009
he is my dad he is awesome
PJs

Elizabethton, TN

#32 Mar 24, 2009
Do you or anyone in your family feel bad over the viscous attack your father did on the innocent pizza guy. Do you realize the damage your father did to his victim? Anyone who saw what your dad did would ageree that he is a "crazy man." Not an awsome person! A violent man with an uncontrollable temper. Personally, I hope he goes to jail for the cowardly, unprovoked attack he did against the much smaller pizza guy.
PJs

Johnson City, TN

#33 Mar 24, 2009
scotty grindstaff wrote:
he is my dad he is awesome
Bull Sh_t
scotty grindstaff

Jonesborough, TN

#34 Sep 13, 2009
bull shit all you want he is
PJs

Kingsport, TN

#35 May 17, 2010
scotty grindstaff wrote:
bull shit all you want he is
Did any thing ever happen to your **** dad? I hope justice was served!
curious

Jonesborough, TN

#36 May 22, 2011
Matt Taylor wrote:
I had Mr. Grindstaff at David Crockett High School! He is an excellent teacher and i garantee any student you ask will have only good things to say about him. He is protective over his daughter, thats a good thing! What would you do? Ya he got the wrong guy but not purposely. He made a big impact on my life and i hope he continues to do the same for other students.
How would you feel to be the mother of the innocent victim in this situation(the pizza delivery guy)? Shame on you.
Curious

Jonesborough, TN

#37 Sep 23, 2011
Did he ever get punished, or did the parents decide not to pursue the prosecution. Or did the spineless D.A.s office not want to anger the "community" and dismiss the charges so this "outstanding" role model could continue to teach the children of the same age as the one he beat? Just curious as to if I want my child to go to Davy Crockett.....
Tracker

Madison, TN

#38 Sep 23, 2011
MAYBE..."davy" (David) Crockett doesn't want your child.
Former PJ Employee

Kingsport, TN

#39 Oct 31, 2011
Curious wrote:
Did he ever get punished, or did the parents decide not to pursue the prosecution. Or did the spineless D.A.s office not want to anger the "community" and dismiss the charges so this "outstanding" role model could continue to teach the children of the same age as the one he beat? Just curious as to if I want my child to go to Davy Crockett.....
I heard Grindstaff tried to sue hus victim's employer and profit from his crime. Grindstaff did go back to Papa John's numerous times after the attack trying to pick a fight with anyone willing to fight him. I am amazed he is a school teacher. I guess he bought his way out of it because I never heard about him being prosecuted. The small guy that Grindstaff attacked was severly injured. Tim Grindstaff is one sick fuk in my opinion. If the DA did not prosecute Grindstaff he should be fired. WTF

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Limestone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
munchies 1 hr Anonymous 9
News Tusculum Makes Updates To Linear Trail 8 hr same problem 5
Johnson Shitty 9 hr BillCat 29
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 11 hr criswoman 979
WCDE Movie Script 15 hr noway 18
Next Washington County Director of schools 15 hr noway 10
Fountain of Life Church (Sep '09) 16 hr Jlm 78
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Limestone Mortgages