Husky Strike
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#21 Jun 27, 2012
Their 'Safety issues' would seriously jepordize the scam the workers run. If employee 'A' calls in sick somehow his buddy employee 'B' works in his place at overtime wages. Next month employee 'B' calls in sick and employee 'A' works his spot at overtime wages.

I think Husky wants anyone to be able to step into that spot whether they have any training for that job. This is the unions safety issue.

Kennesaw71

Since: Mar 11

Alachua, FL

#22 Jun 27, 2012
The case you're referring too, don't those guys get offered ot according to seniority?????
.
Not that I agree with that line of thinking buy I thought that's how union outfits did it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#23 Jun 27, 2012
ChiBearFan34 wrote:
Their 'Safety issues' would seriously jepordize the scam the workers run. If employee 'A' calls in sick somehow his buddy employee 'B' works in his place at overtime wages. Next month employee 'B' calls in sick and employee 'A' works his spot at overtime wages.

I think Husky wants anyone to be able to step into that spot whether they have any training for that job. This is the unions safety issue.
So if your scenario is correct you would think the workers would not be on strike for safety issues because they risk losing money in the "scam" they have going on as you put it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#24 Jun 27, 2012
Is anyone else besides me waiting for Javamug or George to post the details of the safety issues here? Just saying
Jizz

Newark, OH

#25 Jun 28, 2012
I would love to see those details. Edelbrock loves to mug for the TV crews but still have not seen the detals of those ugly safety issues.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#26 Jun 28, 2012
Jizz wrote:
I would love to see those details. Edelbrock loves to mug for the TV crews but still have not seen the detals of those ugly safety issues.
Jizz been 8 & 10 days since the defenders have spoken. Think they realize people are on to them? Lol
Jizz

Newark, OH

#27 Jul 1, 2012
Being Just Me - I think you are right. If it is such a big safety risk why are they afraid to spell out the details? They like to run their scare tactics on the news & in the newspaper but still no details. "Oh woe is me".
handofGod

Cleveland, OH

#28 Jul 11, 2012
Any new info on the strike, drove by today and only saw 2 on the pickit line. Pretty sad day for solidarity if you ask me. Does anyone know when they are going to start hiring the temp workers. I have a ton of buddies that would work for much less then what they are.
Issues

Wilmore, KY

#29 Jul 13, 2012
If I am understanding some of the discussions correctly (I have some friends in the union), some of the "flexibility" being contested is that the company is demanding that all workers must stay within a 40 mile radius of the plant (even on their days off and on their vacation days) so that they can be reliably called in and leaving this radius would be grounds for termination.

Another flexibility issue is that all vacation must be scheduled for the coming year (prior to its start) but the company is demanding the right to adjust shifts and thus cancel your scheduled vacation up to a month in advance. I assume you would be able to reschedule vacation at that point but you would have to take whats left (which makes planning any vacation/plane tickets difficult...but I guess that isn't an issue if you aren't allowed to leave a 40 mile radius).
handofGod

Flint, MI

#30 Jul 13, 2012
Issues wrote:
If I am understanding some of the discussions correctly (I have some friends in the union), some of the "flexibility" being contested is that the company is demanding that all workers must stay within a 40 mile radius of the plant (even on their days off and on their vacation days) so that they can be reliably called in and leaving this radius would be grounds for termination.

Another flexibility issue is that all vacation must be scheduled for the coming year (prior to its start) but the company is demanding the right to adjust shifts and thus cancel your scheduled vacation up to a month in advance. I assume you would be able to reschedule vacation at that point but you would have to take whats left (which makes planning any vacation/plane tickets difficult...but I guess that isn't an issue if you aren't allowed to leave a 40 mile radius).
good info, don't see the 40 mile thing being true but the vacation thing is just like any other shop to include union shops. Would like to hear the safety issues since we are all in the community. Maybe we could help.
Issues

Wilmore, KY

#31 Jul 13, 2012
handofGod wrote:
<quoted text>
good info, don't see the 40 mile thing being true but the vacation thing is just like any other shop to include union shops. Would like to hear the safety issues since we are all in the community. Maybe we could help.
From what I understand, as of yesterday, the 40 mile requirement is still one of the issues the company is negotiating for. That said, I was told that the union is keeping mum about the issues in an attempt to be diplomatic an to not enrage the company in order to keep negotiations going. The desire is for the strike to end and resolve issues; slinging mud and attacking the public image of the other party is deconstructive and doesn't facilitate peace. Whether one views this as right or wrong, that is the approach the union appears to be taking.
handofGod

Flint, MI

#32 Jul 13, 2012
Issues wrote:
<quoted text>From what I understand, as of yesterday, the 40 mile requirement is still one of the issues the company is negotiating for. That said, I was told that the union is keeping mum about the issues in an attempt to be diplomatic an to not enrage the company in order to keep negotiations going. The desire is for the strike to end and resolve issues; slinging mud and attacking the public image of the other party is deconstructive and doesn't facilitate peace. Whether one views this as right or wrong, that is the approach the union appears to be taking.
like
yep

Kansas City, MO

#33 Aug 22, 2012
I think its stupid to lose such a good job for nothing...eatery issues then be safer...people do more dangerous jobs there for less get over it every time i pass you guys i think about how ungrateful you are even if you took your job and split it in two i bet allot of people would be more than happy with more than 15 An hour...i know i would

Since: Sep 12

Novi, MI

#34 Sep 14, 2012
Wish they had a way to tell who voted no on the contract and get rid of the douchebags and keep the ones that wanna work!

Since: Sep 12

Lima, OH

#35 Sep 18, 2012
Biggie BC wrote:
35 an hour and on strike? Jeeeesuuuus Chrrrrrist!
more like 23

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lima Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Known prostitutes in lima (Dec '15) Thu TruthisREAL 40
Krista Ashley Sep 21 blahblah 2
Jerking off while driving Sep 20 Jess 2
Angie that works at Wally's drive thru Sep 20 Bigt 2
Jessica Spencer (Oct '14) Sep 19 Anonymous 4
Gomer Music Thread (Jul '15) Sep 18 Carl 7
Alex Holliday Sep 18 Edd 8

Lima Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lima Mortgages