Keep M Laughing

Rochester, NY

#1 Feb 8, 2008
Do they really want growth? All I have heard is that they want to sweep Main St. and wash the windows.
what

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2008
Isn't that a start. If it's dingy and run down in appearance, how can you attract potential businesses?
Councilmand Dan

Marcellus, NY

#3 Feb 8, 2008
We have to start somewhere. People are interested in these projects and they will help the downtown. Also businesses themselves can help and promote there business with working on their store front windows. A nicely decorated window illuminated at night makes the downtown look very inviting at night and promotes your business. Maybe a windows dressing contest?
Anything to move forward

Geneseo, NY

#4 Feb 9, 2008
Anything that gets something or someone moving forward is a good thing. Tiny steps in the right direction will get you where you need to be. Some things just take a little time. Be patient and
THINK POSITIVE!

I'd like to see what our Lima businesses would do if a window dressing contest was promoted. It would be interesting to see different ideas from each business. Give it a whirl. It can't do any harm.
Councilman Dan

Rochester, NY

#5 Feb 9, 2008
Well said. However we need the "somebody.” We need volunteers to help organize and help with the projects. There is another meeting Wednesday the 13th to continue the process and all citizens are invited. It is at 7pm in the town hall basement. Hope to see you there!
Some Lima Resident

Rochester, NY

#6 Feb 9, 2008
Speaking of volunteers where are all the able bodied people??

A house fire and we have to get help from 8 surrounding communities?

If a few more of the people concerned with Lima cared enough to give time to the Fire and Ambulance people. I guess since there is no money it no one cares. But then if Lima burns down then all the problems are gone.

And as long as I am venting shouldn't we have a "QUINT" what ever that is. If I heard on my scanner correct that was the first thing that was asked for from Livonia or Honeoyo Falls?
VERY PROUD FIREFIGHTER

United States

#7 Feb 9, 2008
Are you a volunteer? I am and I was at the fire. The fire was very active and needed more manpower and equipment to get it under control.
Some Lima Resident wrote:
If a few more of the people concerned with Lima cared enough to give time to the Fire and Ambulance people. I guess since there is no money it no one cares. But then if Lima burns down then all the problems are gone.
And as long as I am venting shouldn't we have a "QUINT" what ever that is. If I heard on my scanner correct that was the first thing that was asked for from Livonia or Honeoyo Falls?
Bill

Geneseo, NY

#8 Feb 9, 2008
A "Quint" is a ladder truck with a pump on it it cost over 1 million dollars. I don't think any of the Lima taxpayers would like to send that kind of money on a truck
curious volunteer

Baltimore, MD

#9 Feb 10, 2008
Maybe if your so worried about volunteers and where they get the resources from. You should stop listening to your scanner at home and come down and join the department and give the fire fighters a hand who risk their lives to save yours and your property.
what

United States

#10 Feb 10, 2008
clearly SMLR only wants to complain. Thank you Lima Volunteers and all the surrounding volunteer departments who answered the mutual aid call. I do not support you physically, but I do financially.
Councilman Dan

Rochester, NY

#11 Feb 10, 2008
Volunteers are what make a community, a community. Volunteers know how it feels to truly be a part of the community. Volunteers deserve our gratitude and support.

I have posted the start of a community website. It needs work, but it will improve with age. http://www.growinlima.org
Village Res

Rochester, NY

#12 Feb 12, 2008
Dan,
Very nice web site now we have a starting point. Thanks
Councilman Dan

Marcellus, NY

#13 Feb 12, 2008
If you have any ideas for it please let me know. If anyone would like to help gather data for the website that would be great.
I need to get on the calendar all of the events that happen in Lima. Any social events from government, service organizations, church organizations and etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lima Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing a friend to hang out with go out to eat... Jun 25 Foxy 1
family and friends Jun 17 Timothy 1
Anderson Park Jun 7 Icon 1
Kevin Neenan not being retained as varsity base... (Aug '11) May '16 Steele 6
News Deputies: New York woman ate drugs to avoid mor... Feb '16 DILF 6
Review: The Village Hair Salon Hair Salon (Dec '10) Feb '16 Disappointed 16
who is the big blonde guy with the mullet (Mar '15) Dec '15 Flash from the past 2

Lima Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lima Mortgages