Lillington Area Chamber of Commerce i...

Lillington Area Chamber of Commerce in Turmoil

Posted in the Lillington Forum

Jessie B

Round Rock, TX

#1 Feb 16, 2010
Check this out!

First the Executive Director (Aneta Brewer)resigns at the end of last year, then the new Board President (Pastor Ken Smith) and the new Board President Elect (Sean Hearn) resign just days apart from each other?

Apparently there was a board meeting last Monday and the chamber voted on the awards for the upcoming banquet. a few days later, the interim Executive Director calls a special meeting (which he doesn't have authority to do under their by-laws and doesn't inform the President or President Elect of the subject matter. Low and behold the members of the Board who showed up to the meeting staged a coup and wanted the President and Vice President to step aside so that they could change the recipients of the annual awards.

Wow! I guess anything is possible these days, so much for the Chamber cleaning up its act...

The Chamber is hemorraging money and they are losing the DMV as a result of absolute poor leadership.

And yet, they want all of us to show up at a banquet and applaude their "selections" for man/woman/business of the year and not disclose to us members the state of whats going on???

I don't personally know Rev Smith or Mr. Hearn or Ms. Brewer, but, I would really like to know what they know and why they all bailed out. Perhaps to survive the wreckage?

Anybody have a clue as to what is going on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lillington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolin... (Oct '10) 8 hr mkl 13
Tom brault Aug 16 Jason Coe 1
Adoptees and birth parents and relatives from a... Aug 12 joan 1
Review: Daves Towing Service (Nov '15) Aug 8 Jesse Simpson of ... 7
News Surfer saves drowning father & son then perishes (Jun '10) Aug 7 VEG 8
K & T Construction (Oct '10) Aug 2 Lizzy38 11
News Should Wake County Spend Up to $20 Million to C... Jul 28 Marjorie 1

Lillington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lillington Mortgages