First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stacey Simmons

Oceola, OH

#1 Apr 26, 2012
Take this as a warning. Be watchful and prepared. The World Mission Society Church of God is a cult searching to recruit new members in Jacksonville, NC. Prime targets are our strong and honorable marines, many of whom have served our country selflessly, and thus may be vulnerable to the cult’s coercive tactics. This church conceals its true identity by referring to itself only as the Church of God when first persuading new members to join. Because of this, recruits are vulnerable and unable to verify this church, its international cult-linked reputation, and it’s distortions of the Bible, God and Jesus via the internet before becoming indoctrinated. Please be advised, once new victims are subjected to the intensive “brainwashing” techniques used, they become incapable of making rational decisions not to join the Church, and find themselves in an intensive program of manipulation and mind control.
Kirk

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Apr 26, 2012
.....and what makes them a cult? Are they out there killing members of other religious faiths? Are they planning mass suicides? If you don't have that evidence then don't label them as a cult. Freedom of religion still exists in this country lady. Just because they have a differnet way of beleiving in God you label them as a cult. You must be a southern Baptist....the worst and most hypocritical of all relgions. Let me guess, you preach not to drink, but you or many of your family members are alcoholics? You need to lose your shallowness and wake up to get a good look outside the little cave you are living in.
Anonymous

United States

#3 Apr 26, 2012
That was a pretty ignorant comment. I assume that you have not suffered any losses because of this group. Well I have and do have many others that I know. Maybe you should look up the definition of a cult before you decide that the term doesn't apply to the WMSCOG. Research Robert J., Steve Hassan, or Margaret Singer. A simple google search will lead you to websites which examine many errors in their doctrine and the lies they have told their members over the years.
Stacey Simmons

Oceola, OH

#4 Apr 27, 2012
Actually Kirk, I believe in acceptance of others and their religious views. Unfortunately, this cult does not. Do some research before commenting.
Kirk wrote:
.....and what makes them a cult? Are they out there killing members of other religious faiths? Are they planning mass suicides? If you don't have that evidence then don't label them as a cult. Freedom of religion still exists in this country lady. Just because they have a differnet way of beleiving in God you label them as a cult. You must be a southern Baptist....the worst and most hypocritical of all relgions. Let me guess, you preach not to drink, but you or many of your family members are alcoholics? You need to lose your shallowness and wake up to get a good look outside the little cave you are living in.

Since: May 11

Cassville, GA

#5 Apr 28, 2012
definition of Cult..........

Religious sect or system.......

That about covers them all doesn't it?
Kirk

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 May 9, 2012
I in no way condone any religious actions by any faith. To me, ALL churches are is a money scandal organization nowadays. They receive 100's of thousands each year, tax free, and the preachers drive BMW's??? Agree that the definition of a cult is what you say it is, but I was speaking of a more public definition. Also, don't beleive what you read about that so called "cult" the Mrs simmons speaks of. I did google them. I read their beleifs. I also read what other said about them. It seems to me that what others are saying is based off of speculation due to them not agreeing with the other religious views that are presented. It's kinda like bad mouthing the Army because you are a Marine. It is human nature to root for your home team, so to speak, and trash the other team. Most of what is writen on the web is propaganda...just go look at how full of shir wikipedia is, not many facts on that site at all, yet people quote that site like it is writen in stone. If you truely want to see a corrupt religion, take a look at how bad catholics are and what they have gotten away with over the last few decades....yet nobody calls them cult like.

“4 Pounds Of Whoop Azz”

Since: May 12

Chihuahua, Mexico

#7 May 22, 2012
What about the Mormon cult? They worship chihuahuas.
Kenac

Hampstead, NC

#8 May 25, 2012
The definition
of (cult)
noun.
1.a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence;
religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
5.a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
b. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.
Kirk

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 May 29, 2012
^ wow, I'm so glad you know how to use the "copy and paste" function.....that must have took some serious thought right there.
Susan

Saint Petersburg, FL

#10 Oct 28, 2012
My brother who is in the marines has succumbed to this cult, if yall only knew the pain its caused my family. He refuses to celebrate any holidays with us anymore. He's being starved and sleep deprived by this church. Now they are trying to get him to cut off his friends and family. He's constantly lying about everything. And I think they are making him steal as well to bring more money into the church. I just pray every day that some way he can get out of this thing.
Judy Mitchell

United States

#11 Nov 2, 2012
OH shit! all religions are a cult. Preacher gets up there and tells you that your kids can't trick or treat because it is a pagan holiday. Does that idiot preacher even know that paganism was a religion before his. I don't care what people believe. The week have to have a sky hook because they cannot comprehending their lives ending. So they adopt a religion. Fine! But PLEASE! don't be banging on my door telling me about a Heaven that I do not believe exists. I can deal with just not existing. I don't want you pushing your beliefs on me.What ticks me off is that preacher getting his stupid ass in politics.
Tout your Gods. Leave the politics to the voters.
Stacey

Cleveland, OH

#12 Dec 18, 2012
Kirk wrote:
I in no way condone any religious actions by any faith. To me, ALL churches are is a money scandal organization nowadays. They receive 100's of thousands each year, tax free, and the preachers drive BMW's??? Agree that the definition of a cult is what you say it is, but I was speaking of a more public definition. Also, don't beleive what you read about that so called "cult" the Mrs simmons speaks of. I did google them. I read their beleifs. I also read what other said about them. It seems to me that what others are saying is based off of speculation due to them not agreeing with the other religious views that are presented. It's kinda like bad mouthing the Army because you are a Marine. It is human nature to root for your home team, so to speak, and trash the other team. Most of what is writen on the web is propaganda...just go look at how full of shir wikipedia is, not many facts on that site at all, yet people quote that site like it is writen in stone. If you truely want to see a corrupt religion, take a look at how bad catholics are and what they have gotten away with over the last few decades....yet nobody calls them cult like.
When I speak of "cult" I am referring to a destructive force in people's lives. Most religions to not destroy marriages, ruins careers, and leave its members bankrupt.This is what the World Mission Society has done to my son-in-law. The difference involves the extent to prove its members worthiness. They cannot miss services if the wife or family member is dying in a hospital bed. They attend church daily....even conflicting with family and work time - every free moment.
Anonymous

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#13 Aug 30, 2014
Stacey Simmons wrote:
Take this as a warning. Be watchful and prepared. The World Mission Society Church of God is a cult searching to recruit new members in Jacksonville, NC. Prime targets are our strong and honorable marines, many of whom have served our country selflessly, and thus may be vulnerable to the cult’s coercive tactics. This church conceals its true identity by referring to itself only as the Church of God when first persuading new members to join. Because of this, recruits are vulnerable and unable to verify this church, its international cult-linked reputation, and it’s distortions of the Bible, God and Jesus via the internet before becoming indoctrinated. Please be advised, once new victims are subjected to the intensive “brainwashing” techniques used, they become incapable of making rational decisions not to join the Church, and find themselves in an intensive program of manipulation and mind control.
I am not involved in this organization but my family. I just got headache how can I get them out off this group. I am working abroad and upon my discovery that the group they're involved with is WMSCOG I scolded them most especially my arrogant wife but to no avail, they preferred to be just silent and communication cut off for almost 3 months now. There should be no problem at all if their prayers and worships point towards the true GOD. Worshiping false gods is a situation where members are making slander and blasphemy to the GOD of Creation and such is unforgivable and subject to capital punishment of eternal hellfire in the life hereafter.
Anonymous

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#14 Aug 30, 2014
Kirk wrote:
.....and what makes them a cult? Are they out there killing members of other religious faiths? Are they planning mass suicides? If you don't have that evidence then don't label them as a cult. Freedom of religion still exists in this country lady. Just because they have a differnet way of beleiving in God you label them as a cult. You must be a southern Baptist....the worst and most hypocritical of all relgions. Let me guess, you preach not to drink, but you or many of your family members are alcoholics? You need to lose your shallowness and wake up to get a good look outside the little cave you are living in.
Cult behaviour is unpredictable. How we know that they're out there killing or planning mass suicides. Only we do know at this time are the unusual behaviour affecting a cult members. What actions they next undertake is out of our knowledge. There is not so much concern if they worship the true GOD as defined in Books of Guidance like the Bible or Islamic Quran, but worshiping a dead man along with a purported mother god, i think doesn't make sense.
Harvey

Grovetown, GA

#15 Sep 3, 2014
Stacey Simmons wrote:
Take this as a warning. Be watchful and prepared. The World Mission Society Church of God is a cult searching to recruit new members in Jacksonville, NC. Prime targets are our strong and honorable marines, many of whom have served our country selflessly, and thus may be vulnerable to the cult’s coercive tactics. This church conceals its true identity by referring to itself only as the Church of God when first persuading new members to join. Because of this, recruits are vulnerable and unable to verify this church, its international cult-linked reputation, and it’s distortions of the Bible, God and Jesus via the internet before becoming indoctrinated. Please be advised, once new victims are subjected to the intensive “brainwashing” techniques used, they become incapable of making rational decisions not to join the Church, and find themselves in an intensive program of manipulation and mind control.
Unfortunately, Brain washed or people of low IQ seem fall into in these traps. Hence things like Jonesbrough
Harvey

Grovetown, GA

#16 Sep 3, 2014
All sects adapt and interperate the bible to suit their needs, One example Jehovah's witnesses.
I never could understand why makes people fall into strange religions. But actually if you think about it all religions have done this. The bible was written ( at least the new testament) 40 years after Christ died. I wonder how many people could actually read and write in those times. I wonder who it was who actually wrote the bible. It wasn't Matthew Mark Luke and John.
Harvey

Grovetown, GA

#17 Sep 3, 2014
Stacey wrote:
<quoted text>
When I speak of "cult" I am referring to a destructive force in people's lives. Most religions to not destroy marriages, ruins careers, and leave its members bankrupt.This is what the World Mission Society has done to my son-in-law. The difference involves the extent to prove its members worthiness. They cannot miss services if the wife or family member is dying in a hospital bed. They attend church daily....even conflicting with family and work time - every free moment.
Sounds very sick to me. Must be some money involved in there somewhere.
Harvey

Grovetown, GA

#18 Sep 3, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not involved in this organization but my family. I just got headache how can I get them out off this group. I am working abroad and upon my discovery that the group they're involved with is WMSCOG I scolded them most especially my arrogant wife but to no avail, they preferred to be just silent and communication cut off for almost 3 months now. There should be no problem at all if their prayers and worships point towards the true GOD. Worshiping false gods is a situation where members are making slander and blasphemy to the GOD of Creation and such is unforgivable and subject to capital punishment of eternal hellfire in the life hereafter.
How do you know who the True God is? Or even if there is one??
OneHundrethMonke y

New Orleans, LA

#19 Sep 28, 2014
OH so another organization has moved to jacksonville nc to take advantage of the never ending supply of young, success oriented marines? It used to be AMWAY that took advantage. So now it's a religious cult? Which religious cult.. LOL, all of them are religious cults.
I spent 5 years of my life in jacksonville as a marine that I cannot ever get back. That town really humbled me. It was there that I was turned down for the first time in my life when I asked a local girl to dance. I thought that maybe it was me, but as time went by, it kept happening, so I began to doubt myself. But when Id return home for leave in Louisiana, I'd never have any trouble at the nightclubs. Every woman Id ask to dance would say yes.
But back to jacksonville and it would start all over again. I ended up finding out that most local women in these bars were playing a game. They would act uninterested in Marines trying to get the Marines to try harder. What I mean by try harder. The Marine was expected to dig deeper into his pockets and start buying drinks for these women. The more stupid, gullable, and ugly the Marine was, the better for these women because the more desperate Marines would spend more money. Not me, I'd get turned off by these women after they turned me down once and I'd go back to my barracks. But these women made it into an art. They would lead the stupid Marine on into an on going take/take relationship. For a little bit of sex, these women could party at the expense of the Marine corps pretty much every night or weekend. The men to women ratio in J'vill was about 100 to 1, so these gold digging hoes were pretty successful at the game. Heck, some of them would have as much as 5 to 10 Marines all lined up playing this game. I could go on forever, but I wont. J'ville north carolina........NO THANKS! NOT EVER AGAIN!!!
romance

Kansas City, MO

#20 Apr 12, 2015
Rat Dog wrote:
What about the Mormon cult? They worship chihuahuas.
well those definitions make christianity a cult 110%
so what does thzt make me ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lillington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In search of wanted criminal Jun 18 Investigator Beale 1
Looking for a crook Jun 18 Investigator Beale 1
Review: Croom's Rentals (Jun '10) Jun 11 Croom Rental Sucks 6
slander,conspiracy,violation of rights (May '13) May '16 Charles Jenkins 46
mayor phillips is guilty. (Apr '14) May '16 Charles Jenkins 14
Moving in Apr '16 Curious 1
Living in Cary (Mar '06) Apr '16 Yankee Dave 506
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lillington Mortgages