.::Richmond County Daily Journal::

There are 20 comments on the Dec 27, 2007, Richmond County Daily Journal story titled .::Richmond County Daily Journal::. In it, Richmond County Daily Journal reports that:

The Anson Record has reported that a Wadesboro physician with offices in Rockingham, Monroe, Wadesboro and Polkton has been indicted on federal charges of illegally distributing a weight-loss drug. via Richmond County Daily Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond County Daily Journal.

near to know where to go

Wilmington, NC

#28 Jan 21, 2008
i got off the drug in Dec and had lost 55 pound was weighing for my tax money to get some more pill when I heard about what had happen I do want some answer to some many questions. But what I really need to know is where I go to get my money back. And answer to what is the size effects to the pill? I enjoyed taking these pill, but now i am afraid of what they had did to my body .

Since: Nov 07

United States

#32 Jan 21, 2008
Friend of Phen wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a "size" effect?
Hang on, I speak the lingo, that would be side instead of size.

United States

#33 Jan 21, 2008
near to know where to go wrote:
i got off the drug in Dec and had lost 55 pound was weighing for my tax money to get some more pill when I heard about what had happen I do want some answer to some many questions. But what I really need to know is where I go to get my money back. And answer to what is the size effects to the pill? I enjoyed taking these pill, but now i am afraid of what they had did to my body .
Looks like to me that you lost 55 lbs, that is one thing it did to your body, so to speak. It ain't good for the old ticker if you have some ticker problems. Did your grandma or grandpa have heart troubles? your folks? I would not worry about it too much.
Now, I don't have a clue about your money but maybe you had better leave that one alone if the good doctor got sent to the pokey. Do you know what I am saying? Better leave sleeping dogs lie.

United States

#34 Jan 21, 2008
Friend of Phen wrote:
<quoted text>
True story, Ditty. Absolute fact, as horrible as it sounds. Doctors have been giving these shots for years;
HCG - Female hormone tested for pregnancy; levels rise by double each day if pregnancy is patent.
HCG is derived from blood and urine from pregant females.
No. I am not making this up. Speeds up the metabolism.
For the love of money, I have heard it all now. Hell, if I could 55 lbs.....
rockingham nc

Gastonia, NC

#35 Jan 22, 2008
sadinnc wrote:
All good things must come to the end they say, and all rings true! It was great while it lasted. I am sad about the outcome of the Doctor's Weight Loss Center. It WAS WORKING FOR ME!!!!! I miss those magic shots "B-12/HCG". I dropped 20 pounds in two months. I don't even care about the pills, I never took those correctly anyway. I know that portion control and the lovely soup for lunch helped also, but without those shots, I can tell a BIG difference. Does anyone know where we can get them now (legal)?
I too can tell a BIG difference without the shots, it's been about 4 weeks since I have had one. Still have a few more pills, seems like the combination of the two for me were working real well! Very disappointed the weight loss center is now gone, wish I had somewhere else to go to lose a few more pounds.
ditte

United States

#38 Jan 27, 2008
Hey, i think she did not realize she was in the North Caorl/room! LOL silly girl, cookies are for fluffy girls like me!

Since: Jan 08

San Francisco

#39 Jan 27, 2008
I don't get it. Ya got a doc, you got a clinic, you got patients ,,,and...how did he break the law. Charge too much? Actually ,the article is flimsy...MacNews.These clinics are legit out here. I never been.You show up once a week, get checked,get shot,and get seven pills.Personally, I like to be the boss of my own stash.Leo LaPorte is on and he's makin me want a MAC.
rockingham nc

Gastonia, NC

#40 Jan 28, 2008
Beeber wrote:
I don't get it. Ya got a doc, you got a clinic, you got patients ,,,and...how did he break the law. Charge too much? Actually ,the article is flimsy...MacNews.These clinics are legit out here. I never been.You show up once a week, get checked,get shot,and get seven pills.Personally, I like to be the boss of my own stash.Leo LaPorte is on and he's makin me want a MAC.
The office here in Rockingham NC doc, did not write prescriptions for the medication, nor did you ever see a doc. The girls in the office would go into another room, hand you your pills, give you a shot, weigh you and basically that was the extent of it. But because it was working for me, I still would probably go anyway.
kate

AOL

#41 Jan 28, 2008
be very careful----i took those shots--developed "lumps"---was told by my pcp that those shots are hormones and they cause many side effects.
renee

Athens, OH

#42 Jan 28, 2008
so the question is does anyone know where to order them online without a prescription? I have a dr in tn who is xcellent but dont want to drive 7hrs to get them...Help???
ditty

United States

#43 Jan 29, 2008
where in tn are talking about? Are you sure or is it a hype? no harm intended with the questions but know some people or have heard of people who live in KY that might could use a doc for weight loss.
Whatever

Santo Domingo Pueblo, NM

#44 Jan 29, 2008
Yea Ditty, you got your Y back and your state!
renee

Athens, OH

#45 Jan 29, 2008
No offense taken- and yes he is in nashville tn and he is xcellent-and i have used him since may 2006 but my goodness with all the restrictions and how difficult it is to get an rx I feel like i'm, doing something illegal. I wouldn't want him to get in trouble by putting his name on the internet. I would still use him except for i have moved- so any suggestions- anyone???
Lindsey21

United States

#46 Jan 30, 2008
Renee,
Have you tried y-guy? Will he ship to your state? If you want the info, post your email and I will send it to you.
Lindsey21
renee

Athens, OH

#47 Jan 30, 2008
Lindsey-
by y guy do you mean my guy?plz email mommydiva@hotmail.com
renee

Athens, OH

#48 Jan 30, 2008
Lindsey,
sorry- I am a little dingy sometimes:-) mommydiva@live.com
confused

Winston Salem, NC

#49 Feb 13, 2008
I would like to post a reply to some of the posts about the employees who worked for this doctor. They were mislead into believing what they were doing was moral. If your employer, who is a medical doctor by the way, tells you what you're doing is not illegal then you have no choice but to believe him. I do believe the 'girls' who worked for this doctor in no way intentionally mislead any of us patients.
rockingham nc

Gastonia, NC

#50 Feb 19, 2008
Confused in SC wrote:
I would like to know also what happens to all of our personal information. I paid for DEC. and only got one shot. It was so weird, I went one week and got my shot in Rockingham and the lady told me I could take it home b/c I had recently taken them home. I told her I would come before I went out of town. I went on a Thursday around 2 and it was weird that they were closed. The next day something told me to get on the net and that it where I found out about the shut down. I tell you I don't know what was in the shot/pills, but I did lose 27lbs. If anyone finds someplace else to go, please let us know.
The Medical weight loss center is opening up here in Rockingham in the next few weeks. The office will be across from aco bell in the white building. Thought you may want to check it out if need to. Good luck.
Good Grief

Waxhaw, NC

#51 Feb 20, 2008
I hope this answers your questions to those of you who went to the weight loss clinics at whatever location. I have talked to a lot of people about Dr.'s Weight loss and it amazes me at how many people are all about the program and who cares what they give me...OMG! It's working. All of a sudden a place closes down and people freak out. Why didn't you ask these questions before you started the program? I'm pretty sure some if not all of the girls discussed the entire program. I guess most of you were just in lah lah land during that. But here goes...
The pills Phentermine 37.5mg...this is a prescription drug. The drug is not illegal, the way the Doctor decided to distribute the medication was incorrect according to the law.
The injections were: B12 and HCG
Vitamin B12 and HCG is a hormone that women produce when they are pregnant

Neither of these are illegal. There are tons of other weight loss clinics who offer the exact same program, this program/Weight loss center did not follow all of the rules/laws closely enough...thus it was shut down.

Also, to those of you who were offered to take your shots home. Uhm, that is because you can and people are ALL about conveniance. You don't have to be a nurse to give yourself an injection. Do you think all diabetics who have to give themselves insulin shots went to nursing school? I don't think so.

I hate to be so harsh, but I'm just kind of sick of hearing about this and was going around on the internet and look what I stumbled upon. Btw, I believe a new weight loss center is actually opening in Rockingham. Haha. I am sure all of the people who went to the first one will go to this one as well...and not listen or ask questions.

I do apologize for being so rude sounding. It just comes off to me that people are like OMG what did they do to me? But it worked, where can I get more? lol Good luck to all of you. I hope I helped.
rockingham nc

Gastonia, NC

#52 Feb 22, 2008
Good Grief wrote:
I hope this answers your questions to those of you who went to the weight loss clinics at whatever location. I have talked to a lot of people about Dr.'s Weight loss and it amazes me at how many people are all about the program and who cares what they give me...OMG! It's working. All of a sudden a place closes down and people freak out. Why didn't you ask these questions before you started the program? I'm pretty sure some if not all of the girls discussed the entire program. I guess most of you were just in lah lah land during that. But here goes...
The pills Phentermine 37.5mg...this is a prescription drug. The drug is not illegal, the way the Doctor decided to distribute the medication was incorrect according to the law.
The injections were: B12 and HCG
Vitamin B12 and HCG is a hormone that women produce when they are pregnant
Neither of these are illegal. There are tons of other weight loss clinics who offer the exact same program, this program/Weight loss center did not follow all of the rules/laws closely enough...thus it was shut down.
Also, to those of you who were offered to take your shots home. Uhm, that is because you can and people are ALL about conveniance. You don't have to be a nurse to give yourself an injection. Do you think all diabetics who have to give themselves insulin shots went to nursing school? I don't think so.
I hate to be so harsh, but I'm just kind of sick of hearing about this and was going around on the internet and look what I stumbled upon. Btw, I believe a new weight loss center is actually opening in Rockingham. Haha. I am sure all of the people who went to the first one will go to this one as well...and not listen or ask questions.
I do apologize for being so rude sounding. It just comes off to me that people are like OMG what did they do to me? But it worked, where can I get more? lol Good luck to all of you. I hope I helped.
Yes the office here in Rockinhgam is now open, they opened up this week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lilesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Locals celebrate Chinese New Year Feb '15 So real asian 2
News Official: NC magistrates duty-bound to marry gays Nov '14 mere cat 9
Cash (Oct '14) Oct '14 Mic 1
Ansonville Township Yestesday and Today (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mark Tyson 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Waco 28
News Police: Landlord arrested in illegal eviction (Aug '14) Aug '14 Dauphine Eggers 2
News Anson County Sheriff's Office on the hunt for m... (Jan '14) Jan '14 maria 1
More from around the web

Lilesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]