State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#56555 Jul 3, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text> if it was the TeaParty ......you would do the same thing.
That is indeed surprising.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#56556 Jul 3, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text> well then lets take them to your home an they can all live with you.....ps.some of them people screaming are dumoRATS.
Good idea. Will you share in this unpresedented step of real Christian love for all of humanity?
mark

Denver, CO

#56557 Jul 3, 2014
hello
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#56558 Jul 3, 2014
Yep, Obama is the first president to ever attend a fund raiser.

Bush=2 wars, 1 great recession

Obama=0 wars, 0 great recessions

The choice is clear!!
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#56559 Jul 3, 2014
Lost in Lenoir wrote:
gas prices highest in six years. Obama shoots by Bush as worst president since World War 2, according to brand new poll.
Gas here was over $4.00 a gallon toward the end of 2008.
Get a clue.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#56560 Jul 3, 2014
TGA wrote:
OK. I understand now. 295 member of congress voted for NAFTA, it passed the senate and house, and the sitting president Bush signed an agreement with two foreign countries. Its Clinton's fault that he didn't reverse congress and also chinch out on a legally binding contract already made with two foreign governments. Kind of like making a contract with teachers regarding fair termination procedures and then trying to chinch out on that contract.
Kind of like stealing an airport that belongs to a city. Kind of like stealing a water supply that belongs to another city. You are accusing Clinton of not being dishonest enough to meet republican standards. Word of promise and legal contracts are just not important to us as a government and nation.
<quoted text>
Bill is a big fucking boy and he made a huge grown up mistake by signing this.He wanted NAFTA; he went along with the other globalists who wanted it too. Like I've said before, Daddy Bush basically worships the idea of NWO... It was no surprise that he went along with it. For those politicians who thought that outsourcing our manufacturing and industrial might to the lowest damn bidder would bring prosperity to our country is laughable...ALL damn sides were guilty of this bullshit treaty.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#56561 Jul 3, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. TGA is always presenting the facts as they actually are. I appreciate you, too, TGA. You factually shatter many of the RW myths that seems to be their only agenda.
It's amusing that I assigned blame to BOTH sides along with Bill Clinton; but for whatever reason, you are so dialed in that you refuse to see that.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#56562 Jul 3, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR definition of love has been stripped of it's meaning, not mine! That is a poor excuse.
Religious values of the past did not free people to the extent of making their own choices in life, You talk about religion. I talk about liberty. That is the differece, Allow me to ask you a serious question.
Where is it written or proclaimed that you would have more rights to liberty (marriage to whom you choose) than any other citizen? There is a vast difference in having your personal religious beliefs and denying liberty and freedom of choice to another group of citizens as we are a nation governed by the US Constitution. So, again, do you have any good reason to reveal why YOU have a right that others do not enjoy in every state of the union? And secondly, by your belief, is there really Liberty and Justice for ALL?
What in God's name are you talking about State? This is the third post in a row I've written to you where you didn't understand what I was talking about and missed the point completely . I never assigned any definition of love to you or said anything or said anything about you. I will gladly answer your well thought out questions as soon as you answer mine. Specifically, why didn't ANY past civilizations: advocate, support or celebrate homosexual marriage? If you can find proof; I'll gladly retract my statements.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#56563 Jul 3, 2014
mark wrote:
hello
Olah Mark.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#56565 Jul 3, 2014
"Specifically, why didn't ANY past civilizations: advocate, support or celebrate homosexual marriage?"

Uh.....duh......ummmmmm.....be cause those 'past civilizations' were not as intelligent as we are?

Because there was a time when this STUPID AMERICAN "civilization" didn't even let women vote?

Because there was a time when this STUPID COUNTRY was so freaking UNcivilized that they kept human beings as slaves?

Because an INTELLIGENT civilization makes changes to correct the mistakes they have made in the past?

And civilized people don't listen to RW cavemen who think things were just freaking dandy back in 1842 and we should do everything possible to return to that time.

Civilized people realize that it's time to progress and not continue to force a huge number of decent people to live like second class citizens.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#56566 Jul 3, 2014
Victoria wrote:
"Specifically, why didn't ANY past civilizations: advocate, support or celebrate homosexual marriage?"
Uh.....duh......ummmmmm.....be cause those 'past civilizations' were not as intelligent as we are?
Because there was a time when this STUPID AMERICAN "civilization" didn't even let women vote?
Because there was a time when this STUPID COUNTRY was so freaking UNcivilized that they kept human beings as slaves?
Because an INTELLIGENT civilization makes changes to correct the mistakes they have made in the past?
And civilized people don't listen to RW cavemen who think things were just freaking dandy back in 1842 and we should do everything possible to return to that time.
Civilized people realize that it's time to progress and not continue to force a huge number of decent people to live like second class citizens.
Spartan men considered true love, and sex, between men as being highly desirable, as it cemented relationships and led to better soldiers.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#56567 Jul 3, 2014
Past civilizations were quite intelligent.
They simply had no access to the information we have available to us today, but it was partially their endeavors that have led to the machine age, the computer age, the'net, and science in general.
TGA

Middlesex, NC

#56568 Jul 3, 2014
NAFTA has brought prosperity to America---for the rich. In fact, the rich have never had it so good. Pay slave wages overseas , sell it in the USA with a union made label. Profits soar.
Outsource jobs overseas, close down business in the USA. Profits soar. Ask Twitt Romney, he will show you how you do it. Money for nothing, your kicks for free. What is pathetic is all the working class republicans voting for the bastards who have done this to them (with some democrat help).
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> Bill is a big fucking boy and he made a huge grown up mistake by signing this.He wanted NAFTA; he went along with the other globalists who wanted it too. Like I've said before, Daddy Bush basically worships the idea of NWO... It was no surprise that he went along with it. For those politicians who thought that outsourcing our manufacturing and industrial might to the lowest damn bidder would bring prosperity to our country is laughable...ALL damn sides were guilty of this bullshit treaty.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#56569 Jul 3, 2014
A drunk, 1st grade response. Congrats on the dumbest response I've read in a while. Go drink another bottle of wine and reflect on your thoughtless, irrational and emotional outburst.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#56570 Jul 3, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Spartan men considered true love, and sex, between men as being highly desirable, as it cemented relationships and led to better soldiers.
Yes...I remember studying it. Perhaps you should spend some time educating Rock. He's the one who needs it.

"The Persian Boy is a 1972 historical novel written by Mary Renault and narrated by Bagoas, a young Persian from an aristocratic family who is captured by his father's enemies, castrated, and sold as a slave to the king Darius III, who makes him his favorite. Eventually he becomes the lover and most faithful servant of Alexander the Great, who overthrew Darius and captured the Persian Empire. "

"The book, published in 1972, provides a sympathetic portrait of homosexual love. The Persian Boy is notable for its depiction of the tradition of pederasty in ancient Greece, where relationships between adult men and adolescent boys were celebrated. In the novel, Bagoas is 15 years old when he begins his relationship with Alexander (then about 26). Renault depicts the attachment as lasting until Alexander's death, when Bagoas would have been about 22."
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#56571 Jul 3, 2014
Rock wrote:
A drunk, 1st grade response. Congrats on the dumbest response I've read in a while. Go drink another bottle of wine and reflect on your thoughtless, irrational and emotional outburst.
Thoughtless, irrational and emotional....and yet FAR more intelligent than anything you've ever written here.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#56572 Jul 3, 2014
TGA wrote:
NAFTA has brought prosperity to America---for the rich. In fact, the rich have never had it so good. Pay slave wages overseas , sell it in the USA with a union made label. Profits soar.
Outsource jobs overseas, close down business in the USA. Profits soar. Ask Twitt Romney, he will show you how you do it. Money for nothing, your kicks for free. What is pathetic is all the working class republicans voting for the bastards who have done this to them (with some democrat help).
<quoted text>
Agree.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#56573 Jul 3, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I remember studying it. Perhaps you should spend some time educating Rock. He's the one who needs it.
"The Persian Boy is a 1972 historical novel written by Mary Renault and narrated by Bagoas, a young Persian from an aristocratic family who is captured by his father's enemies, castrated, and sold as a slave to the king Darius III, who makes him his favorite. Eventually he becomes the lover and most faithful servant of Alexander the Great, who overthrew Darius and captured the Persian Empire. "
"The book, published in 1972, provides a sympathetic portrait of homosexual love. The Persian Boy is notable for its depiction of the tradition of pederasty in ancient Greece, where relationships between adult men and adolescent boys were celebrated. In the novel, Bagoas is 15 years old when he begins his relationship with Alexander (then about 26). Renault depicts the attachment as lasting until Alexander's death, when Bagoas would have been about 22."
Just the opposite of the movie " 300".
I guess the movie makers didn't want people to know the real Spartan history.
TGA

Middlesex, NC

#56574 Jul 3, 2014
This actually all started back in the 80's when furniture was still booming in Caldwell County. Broyhill actually planned and started a housing development for Hispanics.
The plan was to import low wage workers, give them credit against future wages,sell them a house and effectively make them indentured servants to the company. The plan was quietly abandoned due to local political opposition then and the final realization that they, in their desperation, would actually come here for nothing other that hope. When it was realized that you do not have to pay matching social security payments on them, the dye was cast.
I remember a midnight connector flight from LAX to ATL as late as 2006. Over 200 illegals boarded my flight with no security checks ,no papers, no passports, no luggage or carry- on, wearing t-shirts,jeans and tennis shoes. Their mule translated for them and directed them into seats. It was snowing in ATL. My guess is that some manufacturer or farmers had paid their airfare and bought off security at both airports..
Victoria wrote:
The truth about amnesty. Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to millions of undocumented immigrants. George W. Bush wanted to open the borders to provide cheap labor for his republican business owners/supporters.
President Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than both Bush presidents combined.
Republican administrations let them in and then their voters whine about them once they are here.
Democrats recognize the need for immigration reform. Republicans just want to stick their empty heads in the sand, point fingers and whine.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#56575 Jul 3, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're wrong. I said homosexual MARRIAGE; not just some tumble in the sheets with two Macedonians.Everyone with a smattering of historical knowledge knows that gay sex did not = gay marriage. Try again tenderfoot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lilesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Official: NC magistrates duty-bound to marry gays Nov '14 mere cat 9
Cash Oct '14 Mic 1
Ansonville Township Yestesday and Today Sep '14 Mark Tyson 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Waco 28
Police: Landlord arrested in illegal eviction Aug '14 Dauphine Eggers 2
Man arrested after flipping off deputy at crime... Jul '14 Dauphine Eggers 2
Christopher Blake (Mar '12) Jul '14 cautious 5
Lilesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web