Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50755 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot your knowledge of the Civil War is extensive.Never seen anything like it, really.
I wonder how they will write the last fifty years......
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50756 Apr 11, 2014
Florida first Southern state to put medical weed on the ballot.
Red Square

Mills River, NC

#50757 Apr 11, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> For it or against it wanker?
For gay marriage, and for wanking.
Red Square

Mills River, NC

#50758 Apr 11, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>. You're such an ignoramus. All races can barely stand each other you simpleton...Leave your guilt ridden white life and neighborhood and go live in a black neighborhood; and then come back with your little pearls of wit and wisdom...
Why do right wingers always assume that people who know about
the extent of white racism in the USA always attribute it to white
guilt, when it's a simple fact of our history? I have lived in a black
neighborhood in the past. It didn't change my opinions.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50759 Apr 11, 2014
Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
Still categorizing everybody? That was awfully nice of you, to live in a black neighborhood.They must have been honored.:)
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50760 Apr 11, 2014
Racism is everywhere.For many"valid"reasons.T o say that blacks are racists because whites are, justifies everybody being racists. Tell me Red, ever been in jail ?
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#50761 Apr 11, 2014
About the only folks still buying the tariff explanation
are neo-Confederate goobers. Even they are too
embarrassed to admit their ancestors were fighting to
preserve the right of people to own other people and
not to protest a tariff. Look at the secession documents
of some of the Confederate states. They make much
mention of slavery, very little of tariffs. They knew damn
well it was a war to save slavery. What's funny about the
southern hotheads is that if they hadn't started to secede
even before Lincoln was inaugurated, slavery likely would
have lasted longer. But they were so afraid that Lincoln
was going to immediately outlaw slavery that they just
couldn't wait to leave the Union. By doing so they ended
slavery quicker. So thanks slaveocrats, you screwed
yourselves over. Thank goodness the North won and the
slaveocrats were beat.
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#50762 Apr 11, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Still categorizing everybody? That was awfully nice of you, to live in a black neighborhood.They must have been honored.:)
You were the one who first mentioned black neighborhoods. I
simply replied to it. The slaveocrats were the ones who were
big on categorizing people and then owning the ones they
considered to be inferior to them.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50763 Apr 11, 2014
Red Square wrote:
slaveocrats were beat.
I think Patriot feels pretty strongly about the Civil War.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50764 Apr 11, 2014
All of a sudden it wasn't a war against slavery when the divide had been building for decades.

Compromise of 1820
Nat Turner rebellion in Virginia
Compromise of 1850 and the fugitive slave act.
Dred Scott Supreme Court Act
Kansas- Nebraska Act.
Bleeding Kansas/ John Brown's attempt to arm slaves
Lincoln's election

None of these things built up to the division and eventual war between the North and South did it? Oh no, not a war about slavery!
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50765 Apr 11, 2014
Hey Red, know much about the Zulus? EVERYBODY knows they were great fighters.Know much about their culture?
Rock

Franklin, NC

#50766 Apr 11, 2014
Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's a motivating factor for your ignorant idea that blacks are racist ONLY because whitey was racist first. You think that all black on white crime is the fault of whites past racism... See how childish and guilty that sounds?
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50767 Apr 11, 2014
The history of African slavery is quite interesting.Reading different sources on the slave trade takes one to unexpected places.I'm reading more about it even today.Knowledge is a great thing,facts are there for all to discover, if they wish.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#50768 Apr 11, 2014
Red Square wrote:
slaveocrats were beat.
Yep. And 600,000 soldiers died... The South was destroyed and you celebrate like the Yankee you are...
Rock

Franklin, NC

#50769 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
My people have been in the Savannah, Ga area since the early 1700's. My Great-Grandfather served in the 61st Georgia Regiment, Army of Northern Virginia, Company "B," Tattnall County Rangers under General Stonewall Jackson.
Generals Lawton, Gordon, and Evans commanded the 61st Ga under the command of Stonewall Jackson.
My Great- Grandfather was wounded at the first Battle of the Wilderness in Virginia, went to the Hospital in Richmond for a few weeks and then back to his Regiment. He fought in the Battle of Gettysburg...He watched his Uncle get hit in the waist and torn in half by a bouncing skipping cannon ball in the Battle of New Market, Virginia in 1864.
He was part of a hand picked group at Petersburg, Va that was sent to capture Fort Steadman. They captured Fort Steadman and the Yankees rushed reinforcements to the area, encircled Fort Steadman and Captured the surviving Confederates.
My Great-Grandfather was locked up in the Federal Prison at Point Lookout, Maryland a few days before General Robert E. Lee surrendered the entire Confederate Army in the East in Mid-April of 1865.
My Great Grandfather REFUSED to take the Oath of Allegiance to the USA, so he was kept in Prison until July 30, 1865 when he finally did take the oath.
He Hated Abraham Lincoln and his "Radical Republican" Administration, until the day he died in 1917.
Most of his 7,200 61st Georgia Soldier buddies were Killed or Wounded so severely they were sent home.
In his last few years, he would often sit on the porch in a rocking chair, start thinking about the friends he lost in the War, and cry...
If he were alive today he would SPIT ON YOU for being a Radical Republican Loving Yankee Sympathizer and a Traitor to the Old South......
I Ain't No Yankee, nor do I love the Radical Republican Party that nearly destroyed the South, like you do...
I was born and raised in Savannah, Ga....and I belong to the "Sons of Confederate Veterans," and I am Proud of My Great Grandfather....
I'm not Republican slow coach.. Can't you get that through your thick unthinking head? Spit in my face? If he saw what the fuck his so- called Southern great, great grandson believes in and supports now I'm sure you would be out by the woodshed getting your ass thrashed by all your Southern ancestors.... And I would be there too... Gettin my damn licks in too...
Rock

Franklin, NC

#50770 Apr 11, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
. Would you agree to your taxes being raised to support all babies being born and abortion to end? A simple " I agree" or " I disagree" will suffice people.
Agree.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#50771 Apr 11, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to explain something to you, this abortion issue is a red herring that right wingers (I can't even bring myself to call them conservatives they are so deceitful and non-conservative) throw out to get enough votes to put their pro-corporate, pro-rich candidates into office.
I think that if you asked the majority of Democrats/Liberals they would say the same thing as I say, we WISH there didn't have to be anymore abortions. But taking away birth control, access to women's health care, education, etc, won't result in fewer abortions. It results in MORE abortions. And those are the goals and actions that Right Wingers take.
Right now abortion is at the lowest level it has been in years. Why? Because all those "liberal" methods of reducing unwanted pregnancies have been put into action and they work.
If you really want to reduce abortion you support DEMOCRATIC candidates. Because they are the ones who support women & the policies they need to reduce the need for abortion in this country.
So is 55 million abortions rare in 41 years? Our country will look back in shame at this horrific policy and the untold damage it has done to our country. Instead of damned policies, people just practice self control.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50773 Apr 11, 2014
Red Square wrote:
slaveocrats were beat.
Do You Honestly think I would lift a finger to stop the Federal Government from taking away the Koch Brothers' Illegal Aliens ???

Do you Honestly think Anyone Could Force me to take up arms against the USA and Fight For the Koch Brothers???

They could not Force the hundreds of thousands of Confederates to fight for the right of Rich Folks to own slaves, when 97% of Confederate Soldiers Were Highly Opposed to Slavery in the first place.

Only 3% of the Southerners Owned Slaves

Brave men Only Fight for Causes they Personally Believe In..........

The Society Elite Plantation Owners looked down their snooty nose at My Great Grandfather who owned a section of land (160 Acres) that he inherited from his Father. He Knew that they did not look at him as an equal....

Even the Slaves of the Rich Plantation looked down their noses at my "Po White Trash" Dirt Farmer whose family had to work in the fields like Black Field Hand Slaves.

He was not allowed to vent his anger on them because they were "Private Property" and he would have had to pay damages...The same thing was true allover the South...

The Black Slaves had the "Honor" of being owned by rich high society folks...

His son would Not have been allowed to see, let alone Marry one of the Rich Plantation Owner's daughters....

He was an extremely Hard-Working man who came home from the war, farmed, and Logged Timber, made huge log rafts, and floated those logs down the Altamaha River to Darien,Ga where he sold them. Then he walked back over 60 miles upriver to his home through the swamp. He did that over and over and bought more land every time he had enough money..

He floated his last log raft downriver in 1917, walked home, took a bath, shaved, laid down on the bed and Died in his sleep... He owned a little over 2,000 acres of land and built 5 houses for his sons that are still standing today..

He Never owned a Slave, neither did his Father, nor his Grandfather...
Rock

Franklin, NC

#50774 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot wrote:
The South Chose the Name Confederacy because in the original U.S. Articles of Confederation, any State that wanted to withdraw from the Union was allowed to do so.
CSA President Jefferson Davis Was THE leading Authority on the U.S. Constitution in the United States.
The Radical Republicans wanted to take him to court and charge him with Sedition and Treason. They didn't because they were warned by the Top Lawyers in the North that Jeff Davis would PROVE in Court that the South had every right to leave the Union...
U.S. Officials went to the Prison Dungeon where Davis was chained to the wall and offered him his Freedom IF he would leave the U.S.A. for One Year...
Jefferson agreed and went to England, stayed one year, and went home to his plantation.
Finally, a real response to a tragedy in our South.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#50776 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot wrote:
The War Between the States was fought over Lighthouses, Roads, Bridges, Infrastructure, Trade with England and France, Taxes Collected in the South and Spent in the North........
The Primary Source of Revenue at that time came fromTaxes collected by Port City Customs Officers. Look at a Map, the Yankee Ports run Only from Maine to Maryland. The Southern Port Cities run all the way down the East Coast, around Florida, and on around the coast of the Gulf of Mexico to Mexico..
The vast bulk of U.S. Taxes were collected in the South and Spent in the North.
The U.S./ Coast Guard was formed to prevent ships from offloading their cargo along the Coast without paying the Tariff Taxes on their cargo.
The Founding Fathers sowed the seeds of the War Between the States when they allowed representation in the House of Representatives by Population.
The Northern Politicians outnumbered and outvoted the Southern Politicians on every Tax Spending Proposal.
Fistfights and Hatred was common in the House of Representatives for decades BEFORE the Civil War... There was ONLY One Remedy to the intolerable situation..Secession from the Union..
Best thing you said so far...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lilesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Hardwick Vision Center Aug 10 Chris 1
News Move is on to legalize sweepstakes in NC (Apr '13) Jul '15 Jordan 7
News Mana s body found in Wadesboro Jul '15 Lotharp 2
man arrested Jun '15 rroberta46 1
News 'A mandate for coming back' Jun '15 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News McCrory to veto gay marriage objection bill May '15 Imprtnrd 7
News NAACP plans Mother of the Year banquet Friday May '15 Lisa 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lilesville Mortgages