Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Tiger Tiger

Greer, SC

#47291 Feb 12, 2014
Truth my azz.you open your mouth it's a lie. You best be mixing in some salads Two Ton. You could break thru the street you so big.
TSF

Clinton, NC

#47292 Feb 12, 2014
Not really a new thing: Re:

Much has changed for African-Americans since the 1963 March on Washington (which, recall, was a march for “Jobs and Freedom”), but one thing hasn’t: The unemployment rate among blacks is about double that among whites, as it has been for most of the past six decades.

In 1954, the earliest year for which the Bureau of Labor Statistics has consistent unemployment data by race, the white rate averaged 5% and the black rate averaged 9.9%. Last month, the jobless rate among whites was 6.6%; among blacks, 12.6%. Over that time, the unemployment rate for blacks has averaged about 2.2 times that for whites.

The widest gaps, when black unemployment was as much as 2.77 times that of white unemployment, came in the late 1980s, as the manufacturing sectors that employed disproportionate shares of African-Americans shriveled. The smallest gaps, ironically, came in the summer of 2009 during the Great Recession; white unemployment rose so high, so fast, that the black jobless rate was “only” 1.67 times higher.

The black-white unemployment gap appears to have emerged in the 1940s, according to a 1999 analysis of Census data. Although labor economists, sociologists and other researchers have offered many explanations for the persistent 2-to-1 gap — from the differing industrial distribution of black and white workers to a “skills gap” between them — there’s no consensus on causes. One 2011 working paper, after reviewing existing research on wage and unemployment differentials among blacks and whites, concluded that “none of the existing models of race discrimination in the labor market explains the major empirical regularities.”
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> black unemployment sky rockets during obamas presidency...why does Obama hate black people??
TSF

Clinton, NC

#47293 Feb 12, 2014
When CONGRESS approved the spending of borrowed money, they are obligated to continue making payments on the debt that CONGRESS made. It is so bad, that they have to borrow to make the payments, putting us in continually greater debt. The alternative is worse because-- if you do not make payments or make those payments late, the interest rate goes up. That ends up causing more debt than borrowing to make payments on time. Its arithmetic. Even republikans have caught on to the banking industry flim flams.
waco 1909 wrote:
The Republican House has approved a"clean"increase in the debt ceiling. Comments?
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#47294 Feb 12, 2014
TSF wrote:
When CONGRESS approved the spending of borrowed money, they are obligated to continue making payments on the debt that CONGRESS made. It is so bad, that they have to borrow to make the payments, putting us in continually greater debt. The alternative is worse because-- if you do not make payments or make those payments late, the interest rate goes up. That ends up causing more debt than borrowing to make payments on time. Its arithmetic. Even republikans have caught on to the banking industry flim flams.
<quoted text>
OBAMA wanted a"bill.He got it.
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#47295 Feb 12, 2014
Specifically, Obama wanted a"clean bill".He got that.
TSF

Clinton, NC

#47296 Feb 12, 2014
He got a clean bill because the republikans didn't want to shoot themselves and the USA in the foot again like they did last November. The debt belongs to CONGRESS. The y approved the expenditures. Making the payments is the responsibility of CONGRESS.
It would be like me refusing to pay my credit card payments until Obama did what I wanted him to do. I would only harm myself and Obama wouldn't give a damn. Then I could whine that Obama refused to negotiate and everyone would laugh their ass off at the stupidity because it didn't cost them anything.
Last November, people didn't laugh because the idiots playing games with our money cost the USA and its taxpayers over 24 billion dollars.
waco 1909 wrote:
Specifically, Obama wanted a"clean bill".He got that.
Shyteak9mm

Buffalo, NY

#47297 Feb 12, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> hey, fake waco.I have a little surprise for you.Should be here in a week or so.No, it's nothing bad! Quit being paranoid! It will help you live better.
You a white racist troll. I'll put a cap in your white racist azz beoch.
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#47298 Feb 12, 2014
Shyteak9mm wrote:
<quoted text>You a white racist troll. I'll put a cap in your white racist azz beoch.
you're a white racist bitch posting racist posts using my name. Come get me.You know where I'm at.
Fritz the Cat

Greer, SC

#47300 Feb 12, 2014
Lot of bad dudes on Topix.Bad talkers, that is.
hole in the wall

Jersey City, NJ

#47301 Feb 12, 2014
Shyteak9mm wrote:
<quoted text>You a white racist troll. I'll put a cap in your white racist azz beoch.
You must be a black racist.....so shut your damn pie hole
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47302 Feb 12, 2014
TSF wrote:
Not really a new thing: Re:
Much has changed for African-Americans since the 1963 March on Washington (which, recall, was a march for “Jobs and Freedom”), but one thing hasn’t: The unemployment rate among blacks is about double that among whites, as it has been for most of the past six decades.
In 1954, the earliest year for which the Bureau of Labor Statistics has consistent unemployment data by race, the white rate averaged 5% and the black rate averaged 9.9%. Last month, the jobless rate among whites was 6.6%; among blacks, 12.6%. Over that time, the unemployment rate for blacks has averaged about 2.2 times that for whites.
The widest gaps, when black unemployment was as much as 2.77 times that of white unemployment, came in the late 1980s, as the manufacturing sectors that employed disproportionate shares of African-Americans shriveled. The smallest gaps, ironically, came in the summer of 2009 during the Great Recession; white unemployment rose so high, so fast, that the black jobless rate was “only” 1.67 times higher.
The black-white unemployment gap appears to have emerged in the 1940s, according to a 1999 analysis of Census data. Although labor economists, sociologists and other researchers have offered many explanations for the persistent 2-to-1 gap — from the differing industrial distribution of black and white workers to a “skills gap” between them — there’s no consensus on causes. One 2011 working paper, after reviewing existing research on wage and unemployment differentials among blacks and whites, concluded that “none of the existing models of race discrimination in the labor market explains the major empirical regularities.”
<quoted text>
Yup. So obama's plan is to import millions of Aztecs to take more of his people's jobs ? He has a strange way of showing love to his people...
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47303 Feb 12, 2014
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
damn it feels good to be a bankster
TSF

Clinton, NC

#47304 Feb 12, 2014
Obama is the stalking horse for the people who really want more low wage workers. NC republikans didn't even dress it up. They just passed a law inviting all the illegals to NC. The goal is to drive down wages by way of over supply.
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> Yup. So obama's plan is to import millions of Aztecs to take more of his people's jobs ? He has a strange way of showing love to his people...
waco 1909

Marrakech, Morocco

#47305 Feb 12, 2014
Shyteak9mm wrote:
I'm not a white racist,I just don't like l\liggers and beaners.
TSF

Clinton, NC

#47306 Feb 12, 2014
Governor McCrry screwed up the Department Health an Human Services so badly that they cannot even put the correct address on an envelope. Turns out that he also reversed the role of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. DENR used to have the job of protecting the environment and natural resources of NC., Now their job is protection of polluters. McCrory and DENR have blocked 3 different lawsuit against Duke Power for contamination of ground and surface water with coal ash and settled the suits for peanuts. Now Duke just released 164,000,000 pounds of coal ash into the Dan River which supplies water for Eastern NC cities. McCrory is right on top of things . This time he is going to give Duke a good talking to. Had action been taken to start with , this disaster was avoidable. Look like McCrory is determined to make NC the toxic toilet of the USA ---again.
hole in the wall

Jersey City, NJ

#47307 Feb 12, 2014
TSF wrote:
Obama is the stalking horse for the people who really want more low wage workers. NC republikans didn't even dress it up. They just passed a law inviting all the illegals to NC. The goal is to drive down wages by way of over supply.
<quoted text>
more like a lame jackass......but from you looks like more LIES
hole in the wall

Jersey City, NJ

#47308 Feb 12, 2014
TSF wrote:
Governor McCrry screwed up the Department Health an Human Services so badly that they cannot even put the correct address on an envelope. Turns out that he also reversed the role of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. DENR used to have the job of protecting the environment and natural resources of NC., Now their job is protection of polluters. McCrory and DENR have blocked 3 different lawsuit against Duke Power for contamination of ground and surface water with coal ash and settled the suits for peanuts. Now Duke just released 164,000,000 pounds of coal ash into the Dan River which supplies water for Eastern NC cities. McCrory is right on top of things . This time he is going to give Duke a good talking to. Had action been taken to start with , this disaster was avoidable. Look like McCrory is determined to make NC the toxic toilet of the USA ---again.
An again more LIES
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47309 Feb 12, 2014
Obama signed an Executive Order today where all Federal government contract workers will make a minimum of $10.10 an hour. Is there anyone who can argue this decision of raising the standard of living for these folks?
Fritz the Cat

Greer, SC

#47310 Feb 12, 2014
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a white racist,I just don't like l\liggers and beaners.
You really think nobody knows real from fake poster.What a moron.
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#47311 Feb 12, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
Obama signed an Executive Order today where all Federal government contract workers will make a minimum of $10.10 an hour. Is there anyone who can argue this decision of raising the standard of living for these folks?
Just curious.What Federal contract workers were getting minimum wage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lilesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officer Shoots Armed Man Following Police Offic... (Apr '06) Aug 2 Fred Herbert 3
News Anson County Sheriff's Office on the hunt for m... (Jan '14) Jan '14 maria 1
News Man drowns in Pee Dee River in Anson (May '13) Jun '13 tiffany 3
Election Who do you support for State House in North Car... (Oct '10) Apr '13 Leave 15
News Annual rodeo ropes in fun in Lilesville (Jul '09) Jul '12 country girl 2
News 11th man sought in fatal Union beating (Sep '06) Jun '11 jonathan Blakney 65
News Shots fired at courthouse (May '11) May '11 Kellie 1

Lilesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lilesville Mortgages