Allen

Penrose, NC

#43965 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, not going to get into a theological war of words. The Bible does not express if you were welfare rich or welfare poor. It says again If a man doesn't work, he shouldn't eat. That's not a difficult concept to wrap your head around. I will also add that the Bible does state that it's more difficult for the rich to enter Heaven. A scripture many people word incorrectly is "Money is the root of all evil", actually it says "The love of money is the root of all evil." So I think that could cover the rich and the poor. Poor people love money but not enough to work for it and steal and rob and rich people do it on a different level through scheming and wheeling and dealing. We are also commanded to take care of the widows, elderly and disabled, not anyone who is healthy and can work but won't.
You can mince and parse words all you want, that's just my interpretation and you're entitled to yours.
If there is no work or a man can't find work, then just how is a man supposed to eat?
Well I have have got some news for you Ms. Queen Of The Self Righteous and I damn sure didn't have to call 411.

This is what the Bible says about the Rich.....
Mark 10:25 AND Luke 18:25 For it is easier for a camel to pass through a needle's eye, that for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Mark 12:41-44 And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, Which made a penny. And he called his diciples to him and said to them, "Truly I say unto you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had to live on."

Revelation 3:7 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind and naked.

James 5:1-6 Come now you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your Gold and your silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you. And will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold the wages of the labours who mowed your fields which you kept back by fraud, are coming out against you; and the crys of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.

I guess all those old, rich, white, racist, evangelical, republiCONS who are so busy speaking from their mountain tops just haven't had time to look down into the valley.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43966 Nov 1, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares about "welfare"? Better think about the Medicaid. I can't wait to hear how Bush busted that program. I wonder how the Republicans will be blamed for Medicaid going bust. THAT will be signed OBAMACARE.
"Who cares about welfare?" That's a no brainer wouldn't you think? Would you agree that God himself cares about welfare?

This is part of what the Bible tells us about the poor and welfare...
Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and HE will repay him for his deeds.

Luke 3:11 And he answered them, "Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food to do likewise.

Proverbs 14:21 Whoever despises his neighbir is a sinner, but blessed is he who is generous to the poor.

Psalms 140:12 I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and will execute justice for the needy.

Ezekiel 22:29 The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. The have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner (immigrant) with out justice.

Proverbs 29:7 A righteous man knows the rights of the poor; a wicked man does not understand such knowledge.

You do believe in the Bible don't you or do you just use it as a shield while you hide behind the cross like the rest of the republiCON party?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43967 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no work or a man can't find work, then just how is a man supposed to eat?
Well I have have got some news for you Ms. Queen Of The Self Righteous and I damn sure didn't have to call 411.
This is what the Bible says about the Rich.....
Mark 10:25 AND Luke 18:25 For it is easier for a camel to pass through a needle's eye, that for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mark 12:41-44 And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, Which made a penny. And he called his diciples to him and said to them, "Truly I say unto you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had to live on."
Revelation 3:7 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind and naked.
James 5:1-6 Come now you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your Gold and your silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you. And will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold the wages of the labours who mowed your fields which you kept back by fraud, are coming out against you; and the crys of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.
I guess all those old, rich, white, racist, evangelical, republiCONS who are so busy speaking from their mountain tops just haven't had time to look down into the valley.
Gee Allen, do you have trouble with comprehension? I believe I mentioned everything you're going off on. The rich having a difficult time getting into Heaven, taking care of the poor, elderly and widows.

If there are no jobs, speak to the government. The government has over-regulated small businesses and there is a failure by this current administration to create the jobs they boasted during not one but two campaigns. If you have a problem with the Bible speaking about if a man doesn't work, he shouldn't eat, speak to God.

The scripture you quoted I wonder what your opinion is, what about the widow's mite coins. She actually gave her 10% with those coins just as the rich. The Bible commands we give 10% of our earnings. How many people rich and poor do you think do this. She didn't give this money to help out the poor, she did it because she was following a commandant given by God.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43968 Nov 1, 2013
Why do we need to strengthen the middle class?

Proverbs 30:8-9 Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny you and say, "Who is the Lord?" or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#43969 Nov 1, 2013
Allen are you kidding? After all the hell you put me through for being on disability for a few years? Now you're quoting Bible verses? Really?.Hmmmm......

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43970 Nov 1, 2013
Allen if you like I could download the entire Bible here for everybody on Topix.Then, people can pick what they like to accuse other people with.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43971 Nov 1, 2013
The American Dream?....

1Timothy 6:9-10 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

Luke 16:13 "No sevant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

Proverbs 23:4 Do not toil to aquire wealth; be discerning enough to desist.

Matthew 24:12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.

Location hidden

#43972 Nov 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Allen are you kidding? After all the hell you put me through for being on disability for a few years? Now you're quoting Bible verses? Really?.Hmmmm......
I heard that Waco. Go figure. I always think it's nice to preface Bible verses with profanity as Allen did. I think that's what that crazy minister as the Westboro Baptist Church does. Makes you wonder if they live the words they read or read the words they read just for the sake of argument.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43973 Nov 1, 2013
The people who have thrown the must dirt at me for the disability thing were all liberals, strangely enough.Even back when I was a democrat.Liberals should practice what they preach.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43974 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that Waco. Go figure. I always think it's nice to preface Bible verses with profanity as Allen did. I think that's what that crazy minister as the Westboro Baptist Church does. Makes you wonder if they live the words they read or read the words they read just for the sake of argument.
I tend not to trust people who use Bible quotes like ammunition.Life in America.....
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43975 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Allen, do you have trouble with comprehension? I believe I mentioned everything you're going off on. The rich having a difficult time getting into Heaven, taking care of the poor, elderly and widows.
If there are no jobs, speak to the government. The government has over-regulated small businesses and there is a failure by this current administration to create the jobs they boasted during not one but two campaigns. If you have a problem with the Bible speaking about if a man doesn't work, he shouldn't eat, speak to God.
The scripture you quoted I wonder what your opinion is, what about the widow's mite coins. She actually gave her 10% with those coins just as the rich. The Bible commands we give 10% of our earnings. How many people rich and poor do you think do this. She didn't give this money to help out the poor, she did it because she was following a commandant given by God.
Being that YOU have stated that this country just couldn't make without it's rich, I can see why this might hit a nerve. You don't like it talk to God. He said it I didn't. Just thought I'd give you a reminder.
Waco 1909

Park Ridge, IL

#43976 Nov 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
And another thing Allen,you put me through hell because I'm a very sensitive bipolar gay and prefer anal over oral sex.I cried like a baby for two weeks because YOU really hurt my feelings you awful beast!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43977 Nov 1, 2013
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>And another thing Allen,you put me through hell because I'm a very sensitive bipolar gay and prefer anal over oral sex.I cried like a baby for two weeks because YOU really hurt my feelings you awful beast!
Yes Allen you really hurt my feelins', it was just terrible, day after day, crying, oh.the humanity!
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43978 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, the word "damn" is used 453 times in the New Testiment. What now, you gonna sue God? Lol.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43979 Nov 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I tend not to trust people who use Bible quotes like ammunition.Life in America.....
I tend not to trust those who sell ammunition and those who quote the Bible having no clue as to the book or chapter from which it came. Life of a republiCON.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43980 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend not to trust those who sell ammunition and those who quote the Bible having no clue as to the book or chapter from which it came. Life of a republiCON.
More like, the life of a demodope.Cheer up.Maybe a Dem got your money.

Location hidden

#43981 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I see we shouldn't trust you. Here's some definitions of "damn". You tell me which context you used the word and then how it's used in the Bible.

Full Definition of DAMN
transitive verb
: to condemn to a punishment or fate; especially : to condemn to hell
a : to condemn vigorously and often irascibly for some real or fancied fault or defect <damned the storm for their delay>
b : to condemn as a failure by public criticism
: to bring ruin on
: to swear at : curse —often used to express annoyance, disgust, or surprise <damn him, he should have been careful> <I'll be damned>
intransitive verb

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43982 Nov 1, 2013
Looks like defending Obamacare just got tougher.Where are the liberal knights championing Obamacare? These liberals, atheists all, have gone to Bible quotes! They must be desperate, they all worship lord Obama.

Location hidden

#43983 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Being that YOU have stated that this country just couldn't make without it's rich, I can see why this might hit a nerve. You don't like it talk to God. He said it I didn't. Just thought I'd give you a reminder.
Allen, the next time you have a sack cloth and ashes retreat for the poor and down trodden, please let everyone on Topix know and tell me how many show up.

Read the story of Job and that's not "job" as in a career and tell me your interpretation. Please read and don't give me google's interpretation.

Allen

Penrose, NC

#43984 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No Deary, I believe that it is you who is having trouble with comprehension. This was not about following a commandment of God. This was more about the selfishness of the wealthy. The widow gave two coins which equaled a penny, which was all she had. Even if she had only given one coin she still would have given half of all she had. So if one penny was all she had and she gave it then wouldn't that mean that she gave 100% of all she had and not 10%? Actually you didn't read what you thought you read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lilesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Official: NC magistrates duty-bound to marry gays Nov '14 mere cat 9
Cash Oct '14 Mic 1
Ansonville Township Yestesday and Today Sep '14 Mark Tyson 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Waco 28
Police: Landlord arrested in illegal eviction Aug '14 Dauphine Eggers 2
Man arrested after flipping off deputy at crime... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dauphine Eggers 2
Christopher Blake (Mar '12) Jul '14 cautious 5
Lilesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lilesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:31 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:31PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders