Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

You want your Military to fight side by side with these sick bastards!??
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
State of Denial

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

100 Missions wrote:
Only those that have NEVER been to war seem to advocate war. I have never understood that. It is almost always those that never even served that chant loudest for military action. So I say to Rush LimpBalls and Sean "I know everything" Hannity.....where the hell have you been. I did not see you in Saudi in 91 or Kosovo in 99. I did not see you in Iraq or Afghan in the last 13 years.....and yes I was there at all of the above...waiting for you join me...where were you? Oh thats I right...you were busy fighting for your own self serving interests.
I respect our military 100% and your service.

What bothers me most about your post is that you're angry with people disagreeing with you because you made the CHOICE to join the military.

There was no mandatory draft and you didn't have to enlist. You haven't cornered the market on having an opinion about the military because you enlisted. The military paid, you, provided housing, and gave you benefits. All paid for by taxpayers.

Why were you waiting for others to join you, didn't you make this decision independently? The whole country can't join the military in order to have an opinion about going to war.

I don't agree with attacking Syria and I don't have a problem with people that do. You need to get to that place.

State of Denial

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

I see somebody must think they're Tom Bodett for Motel 6.

WE GET IT...the light will be on. Stop the "clueless" lightbulb judging. It's wasting energy.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

State of Denial wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect our military 100% and your service.
What bothers me most about your post is that you're angry with people disagreeing with you because you made the CHOICE to join the military.
There was no mandatory draft and you didn't have to enlist. You haven't cornered the market on having an opinion about the military because you enlisted. The military paid, you, provided housing, and gave you benefits. All paid for by taxpayers.
Why were you waiting for others to join you, didn't you make this decision independently? The whole country can't join the military in order to have an opinion about going to war.
I don't agree with attacking Syria and I don't have a problem with people that do. You need to get to that place.
You take me wrong. First let me clear the air...I never enlisted. I served as an officer. I have no issue with one choosing not to serve in the military. That's their choice. I do have an issue with the ones that I mentioned playing military expert on the air. Both of the lame brains that I mentioned have constantly ran their mouths about our strategy in every conflict fought. Both portray themselves as experts for their mindless followers. I have seen the many faces of war several times...it is not a damn Bruce Willis movie or XBox game. The brainless twits in D.C. and on the radio waves don't understand that war is the most immoral act we can do as humans and if we engage in it we have a moral obligation to get it over with as fast as possible. We always let popular political thought direct our combat efforts. I have seen this first hand and felt it's sting many times.As far as Syria is concerned...there is no quick in and out. While those that say we will only use airstrikes....well they have no clue about tactics and strategy. Airpower is great...thats my world...but wars are worn by driving the enemy into a corner and then eliminating him. There is really no nice way to put it. In Syria we have a government that has sponsored terrorism for 40 years. We have a loose knit terrorist network trying to take control calling themselves "rebels" to gain support. Basically we have terrorist killing terrorists. Why risks American lives in this? The only worthy cause in Syria would be to stop the genocide of innocents such as children caught in the cross fire. Again it is not that I am bitter toward those that don't serve...hell my son wants to join next year...I am trying to talk him into something else. I have 30 years service and no regrets. But I do see a bleek future for our services. By that I mean I see more and more corporate sponsored politically popular wars being fought and not those of real National Security concern.
waco 1909

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

100 missions my time in the army convinced me of one thing, that being that most officers were/are idiots.High ranking politicians are usually even stupider.Most of the problems in the Mideast come from Iran and Saudi extremists.Certainly, Iranian nukes won't make the area more stable.Seems to me that its almost inevitable that Islamic fanatics will one day ignite a"small"nuclear blast in a major American city, probably New York or Washington DC. At that time, the pressure for retaliation will be unstoppable, whether or not the recipients of our retaliation are actually the guilty parties or not.At that time, we may all go over the brink.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

waco 1909 wrote:
100 missions my time in the army convinced me of one thing, that being that most officers were/are idiots.High ranking politicians are usually even stupider.Most of the problems in the Mideast come from Iran and Saudi extremists.Certainly, Iranian nukes won't make the area more stable.Seems to me that its almost inevitable that Islamic fanatics will one day ignite a"small"nuclear blast in a major American city, probably New York or Washington DC. At that time, the pressure for retaliation will be unstoppable, whether or not the recipients of our retaliation are actually the guilty parties or not.At that time, we may all go over the brink.
You are missing my entire point. BTW a true idiot is one that must resort to personal attacks in a debate on the issues.
State of Denial

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

100 Missions wrote:
<quoted text>
You take me wrong. First let me clear the air...I never enlisted. I served as an officer. I have no issue with one choosing not to serve in the military. That's their choice. I do have an issue with the ones that I mentioned playing military expert on the air. Both of the lame brains that I mentioned have constantly ran their mouths about our strategy in every conflict fought. Both portray themselves as experts for their mindless followers. I have seen the many faces of war several times...it is not a damn Bruce Willis movie or XBox game. The brainless twits in D.C. and on the radio waves don't understand that war is the most immoral act we can do as humans and if we engage in it we have a moral obligation to get it over with as fast as possible. We always let popular political thought direct our combat efforts. I have seen this first hand and felt it's sting many times.As far as Syria is concerned...there is no quick in and out. While those that say we will only use airstrikes....well they have no clue about tactics and strategy. Airpower is great...thats my world...but wars are worn by driving the enemy into a corner and then eliminating him. There is really no nice way to put it. In Syria we have a government that has sponsored terrorism for 40 years. We have a loose knit terrorist network trying to take control calling themselves "rebels" to gain support. Basically we have terrorist killing terrorists. Why risks American lives in this? The only worthy cause in Syria would be to stop the genocide of innocents such as children caught in the cross fire. Again it is not that I am bitter toward those that don't serve...hell my son wants to join next year...I am trying to talk him into something else. I have 30 years service and no regrets. But I do see a bleek future for our services. By that I mean I see more and more corporate sponsored politically popular wars being fought and not those of real National Security concern.
Again, appreciate your service to our country.

I, too, have relatives that didn't enlist but went in as officers. It's a sacrifice to be in the military, but as you, they knew what they were signing up for.

I agree also, troops have to be put on the ground and there's more American military personnel lives that will be lost.

The middle east has and always will fight with each other and we need to let them settle it their way.

It was sad to see the children suffer from the chemicals they were exposed to. With that being said, we have children in our own country that go to bed hungry, many parents care more about themselves than their children don't care if the children are sexually, emotionally abused and many times murdered.

We need to look after our children. This may sound hard hearted, but those children in the middle east will never live to see much past their 20's, but we can take the money funding wars and see our children live long and productive lives.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

State of Denial wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, appreciate your service to our country.
I, too, have relatives that didn't enlist but went in as officers. It's a sacrifice to be in the military, but as you, they knew what they were signing up for.
I agree also, troops have to be put on the ground and there's more American military personnel lives that will be lost.
The middle east has and always will fight with each other and we need to let them settle it their way.
It was sad to see the children suffer from the chemicals they were exposed to. With that being said, we have children in our own country that go to bed hungry, many parents care more about themselves than their children don't care if the children are sexually, emotionally abused and many times murdered.
We need to look after our children. This may sound hard hearted, but those children in the middle east will never live to see much past their 20's, but we can take the money funding wars and see our children live long and productive lives.
Well said!! The whole point of the Mid East is that both the governments and the rebels are terrorists. I think it is better controlled if we deal with a true organized government. Take a look at Libya. Whakquadfi was a pain in the ass true, but hell really broke loose when the rebels took control. The same thing will happen in Syria and Iran. Unorganized radicals are far more dangerous than organized ones. As far as taking care problems at home. Home should always come first. We have neglected our education system, we neglected the working poor and we have let our own infastructure suffer while we were nation building else where. My oath stated that I would protect and defend America. I did just that. I also meddled in political affairs in other nations. It is true that Afghan girls could not attend school before we arrived. They barley had schools for even the males to attend. It is noble indeed that we changed that. It is also sad that while we were doing that American kids were getting a watered down education, attending classes in worn out schools, attending school in fear of being shot. Sitting in class hoping for a better future while their parents hope to find a job. If there exists a true threat to national security show me that threat and I will fly lead to remove it.But don't enter a conflict for questionable reasons. We have torn our military apart with budget constraints. Anyone that says I am wrong on that has not seen it from the inside. We have Air Force Squadrons grounded right now. That means no flying due to no money. Should we not focus on strength and training? The future lies in the hands of our children. Therefore, lets turn our efforts full bore on making our nation strong economically again. Without a strong economic base national security is weakened greatly. Let's give future generations something better.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Just to add;if our wonderful elected officals from both sides are so concerned about National Security shouldn't they take a look at the connection between Mid East terrorist and the Mexican drug cartels? Should not there be concern about terrorist from the mid east that pose as Mexicans coming over the border. Funny how it has worked out....let's help radical rebels gain control in the Mid East and dump weapons in the hands of the Mexican drug cartels.....odd way to protect America.
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

State of Denial wrote:
I see somebody must think they're Tom Bodett for Motel 6.
WE GET IT...the light will be on. Stop the "clueless" lightbulb judging. It's wasting energy.
I think it automatically gets placed on anyone posting here who thinks their opinion means anything.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA
Allen

Landrum, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it automatically gets placed on anyone posting here who thinks their opinion means anything.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA
Quit using waco's Topix name, freak.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

100 Missions wrote:
Only those that have NEVER been to war seem to advocate war. I have never understood that. It is almost always those that never even served that chant loudest for military action. So I say to Rush LimpBalls and Sean "I know everything" Hannity.....where the hell have you been. I did not see you in Saudi in 91 or Kosovo in 99. I did not see you in Iraq or Afghan in the last 13 years.....and yes I was there at all of the above...waiting for you join me...where were you? Oh thats I right...you were busy fighting for your own self serving interests.
Certainly, you are correct Major .We should wait while the Iranians get their nukes ready.Great military tactics.After all, the Iranians are models of self restraint.Do I support an attack on Syria? No.Makes no sense.Iran is a very big problem.Iran should be addressed.According to your philosophy, potential threats to this country can only be addressed by people who have been in combat. No matter what you did, or where you did it, it doesn't give you any more say than anyone else when it comes to war.Topix is no place for people who espouse civil discourse.Topix is infamous for bad manners.So, quit sniveling about how bad war is, act like a damn man .Get off your high horse.You're no better than anyone else."SIR"
ZERO

Landrum, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Leave the General alone.We need more sensitive military men.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

100 missions you remind me of a doctor I knew.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Certainly, you are correct Major .We should wait while the Iranians get their nukes ready.Great military tactics.After all, the Iranians are models of self restraint.Do I support an attack on Syria? No.Makes no sense.Iran is a very big problem.Iran should be addressed.According to your philosophy, potential threats to this country can only be addressed by people who have been in combat. No matter what you did, or where you did it, it doesn't give you any more say than anyone else when it comes to war.Topix is no place for people who espouse civil discourse.Topix is infamous for bad manners.So, quit sniveling about how bad war is, act like a damn man .Get off your high horse.You're no better than anyone else."SIR"
Major? You are way off base. I will not blow my own horn here as I am not the bragging type. But you are way off. Not sure where you think I am espousing civil discourse. Although civil discourse can be a good thing. It is one of things that our Constitution provides us to keep the government in check. Perhaps you have heard of Thomas Jefferson. Not sure where you think that I said that I am better than anyone else. Seems to me you have some self esteem issues as you are of the type that can only debate by passing insults instead of knowledge. Sniveling about how bad war is?.....May I ask how many times you have been?
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

100 Missions wrote:
<quoted text>
Major? You are way off base. I will not blow my own horn here as I am not the bragging type. But you are way off. Not sure where you think I am espousing civil discourse. Although civil discourse can be a good thing. It is one of things that our Constitution provides us to keep the government in check. Perhaps you have heard of Thomas Jefferson. Not sure where you think that I said that I am better than anyone else. Seems to me you have some self esteem issues as you are of the type that can only debate by passing insults instead of knowledge. Sniveling about how bad war is?.....May I ask how many times you have been?
He we go again, "I've been there more than you" but your not blowing your own horn right? You didn't enlist, you weren't drafted, I believe that was your statement right?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

100 Missions wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing is for sure, most of the people who have been to bad places, and seen bad things, don't usually devise a Topix name to celebrate that.If it makes you feel better, I've seen a lot of dead people, and I never drove an ambulance.I think you are a liar.Now, were you drafted or did you enlist? Usually has to be one or the other.
ZERO

Landrum, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Another lowlife pretending to be a soldier.Who thinks anyone on Topix would be a liar? My uncle lost his arm in a Sherman, but he never wore a badge saying"poor me".
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Dang wrote:
<quoted text>He we go again, "I've been there more than you" but your not blowing your own horn right? You didn't enlist, you weren't drafted, I believe that was your statement right?
Nope....you need to read. There has been no draft since about 1975 or so. I did not enlist. I was commissioned as an officer. My statement was not about I have been there more than you. It was asking for him qualify his comment that I was whining about how bad war is. I was asking this just to know if he has seen war. If you would and others would take time to get educated to the facts you would see my point. You may not agree with my point and that is fine. This America and there is nothing that says we have to agree. Nothing says I am right and you are wrong..I never said that. But if you are going to tell me I am wrong about war then I don want to see some experience on your part. BTW Patton even hated war. He said any Son of Bitch that thinks war is good is a G Damn stupid Bastard. I am assuming you have heard of Patton.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> One thing is for sure, most of the people who have been to bad places, and seen bad things, don't usually devise a Topix name to celebrate that.If it makes you feel better, I've seen a lot of dead people, and I never drove an ambulance.I think you are a liar.Now, were you drafted or did you enlist? Usually has to be one or the other.
First my screen name has nothing to with my military background. It may sound like it but denotes something else. Second you have no knowledge of the military system. You say it has to one way or the other drafted or enlisted. No draft since the 70's. You enlist by going down to the recruiters office and joining. The other way is a commission. Google can be a useful tool to educated yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lilesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Landlord arrested in illegal eviction Aug 25 Dauphine Eggers 2
Man arrested after flipping off deputy at crime... Jul 29 Dauphine Eggers 2
Christopher Blake (Mar '12) Jul '14 cautious 5
Review: Tobacco Road Outlet #16 Jul '14 great store 1
Hate crime beating or fight over threats?7:31 a... Jul '14 T_Paige 2
Mom accused of locking children out of house to... May '14 Proverb 2
.::Richmond County Daily Journal:: (Dec '07) Apr '14 Mike Hall 175
•••
•••
Lilesville Dating