Kim

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Feb 7, 2012
My dad said he wasn't a gangster! They was just guys hanging out. But he said you did forgot Kenny Robinson.
Kim

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Feb 7, 2012
Kim wrote:
My dad said he wasn't a gangster! They was just guys hanging out. But he said you did forgot Kenny Robinson.
OOPS I mean forget LOL!!!!
Curious

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Feb 7, 2012
Would this be the "Jerry Buck" who used to have the famous...SUGAR BABY??? Man those were the days when fun was easy but sometimes costly in speeding fines! This is with the memories of Lilbourn??? All good---A thing of the past, it seems. Love to hear about the "good ole days".
Mudd

Columbia, MO

#4 Feb 7, 2012
I spent many an hour riding in "Sugar Baby" but it wasn't Jerry doing the driving...it was Donnie.
Kim

Nortonville, KY

#5 Feb 8, 2012
Curious wrote:
Would this be the "Jerry Buck" who used to have the famous...SUGAR BABY??? Man those were the days when fun was easy but sometimes costly in speeding fines! This is with the memories of Lilbourn??? All good---A thing of the past, it seems. Love to hear about the "good ole days".
Yes, that is the one. I know my dad loved that car. I love hearing about him and the good ole days!
Kim

Nortonville, KY

#6 Feb 8, 2012
Mudd wrote:
I spent many an hour riding in "Sugar Baby" but it wasn't Jerry doing the driving...it was Donnie.
Yes, dad gave it to Donnie when he got a new car.
Kim

Nortonville, KY

#7 Feb 8, 2012
Kim wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, dad gave it to Donnie when he got a new car.
Sure do miss my Uncle Donnie.
Mudd

Columbia, MO

#8 Feb 9, 2012
Yeppers Jerry came home from St Louis driving the 1st corvette I'd ever had the chance to sit in. He also brought home a dark headed "Barbie doll" of a girlfriend(Sherry).

Jerry Don and I weren't close as he was older but I admired him.

I came to love Donnie like a brother. I tried to stop in and visit with him every time I was coming through that neck of the woods.

God bless,Mudd
Kim

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Feb 9, 2012
Mudd wrote:
Yeppers Jerry came home from St Louis driving the 1st corvette I'd ever had the chance to sit in. He also brought home a dark headed "Barbie doll" of a girlfriend(Sherry).
I came to love Donnie like a brother. I tried to stop in and visit with him every time I was coming through that neck of the woods.
God bless,Mudd
I think he said it was a '61 Corvette. It was red and white. I do remember that. I scratched the paint on it when I was little. Did you know my mom Sherry? I told dad that you replied he ask, "if you knew what ever happened to Sugar Baby?"
Mudd

Columbia, MO

#10 Feb 10, 2012
Kim I wish I could say that I knew Sherry better but when I knew her, she only had eyes and ears for Jerry...lol

I often wish I knew what happened to "Sugar Baby" too.

That was such a cool ride!!

I remember a standing bet.

Donnie would tape a $5 dollar bill to the dash and have anyone sit in the back seat. The goal was to get the bill before Donnie could get through all 4 gears.

I don't remember anyone getting richer from it...lol

God bless,Mudd

PS: None of the Buck boys were gangsters but neither did you want to mess with them.
Barb

Chesterfield, MO

#11 Feb 10, 2012
Mudd wrote:
God bless,Mudd
NOW....it's my turn!!! That was a cool ride for a fact. I remember it too. And we all can see that the "BUCK BOYS" all had cool cars, Sugar Baby, the corvette, the motorcycles, the 427 that rolled off the assembly line....but does anyone ever remember Barb having anymore than a cool bike??? lol. Oh, and my sister-in-law, Sherry she was like a Barbie Doll. She was a beautiful woman. I just never thought of her as a Barbie..I guess because she & I were so close. I loved her & miss her alot!!
Kim

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Feb 10, 2012
Mudd wrote:
Kim I wish I could say that I knew Sherry better but when I knew her, she only had eyes and ears for Jerry...lol
I often wish I knew what happened to "Sugar Baby" too.
That was such a cool ride!!
I remember a standing bet.
Donnie would tape a $5 dollar bill to the dash and have anyone sit in the back seat. The goal was to get the bill before Donnie could get through all 4 gears.
I don't remember anyone getting richer from it...lol
God bless,Mudd
PS: None of the Buck boys were gangsters but neither did you want to mess with them.
From what I understand she wasn't the only one. LOL

I wish someone did know. Maybe some young kid has it now for their first car. I know they would be proud!

What a way to make money lol

I have been told about the gang thing is different then to know. Just seems funny either way. There were too many of them.
Kim

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Feb 10, 2012
Barb wrote:
<quoted text> NOW....it's my turn!!! That was a cool ride for a fact. I remember it too. And we all can see that the "BUCK BOYS" all had cool cars, Sugar Baby, the corvette, the motorcycles, the 427 that rolled off the assembly line....but does anyone ever remember Barb having anymore than a cool bike??? lol. Oh, and my sister-in-law, Sherry she was like a Barbie Doll. She was a beautiful woman. I just never thought of her as a Barbie..I guess because she & I were so close. I loved her & miss her alot!!
I have to know did you have to ride in the back seat since you was just the little sister. I know you said you learned how to drive in it. But how often did you get to drive?
Bet that bike had a big motor on it. LOL You mean my dad nor any of your other brothers fixed you up a car?
I sure miss mom alot too. That is why I hope someone has stories to tell about her. And I know if she was still here you could really ride in the car with an a.c. LOL!!!! That is a great one! Of course the box was good too!
Barb

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Feb 11, 2012
Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to know did you have to ride in the back seat since you was just the little sister. I know you said you learned how to drive in it. But how often did you get to drive?
Bet that bike had a big motor on it. LOL You mean my dad nor any of your other brothers fixed you up a car?
I sure miss mom alot too. That is why I hope someone has stories to tell about her. And I know if she was still here you could really ride in the car with an a.c. LOL!!!! That is a great one! Of course the box was good too!
I didn't get to ride in Sugar Baby very often. First off, I was scared when mom or dad drove. Your dad just let me drive it that first time I'm thinking. And NO!!! None of my brothers got me a car, somehow, I got skipped. Donnie got Sugar Baby, and an old car Gene got him, and then Jerry got him a sharp ride I'm thinking a studebaker..you will have to ask. ALSO, your dad got Glenda a corvair!! I told him once that he owes me a car, we both laughed because he thought that he got me the car, it sounded good, but the fact of the matter, is NO....I got left out!!:(. And for my bike...Santa brought it to me, and Donnie and Lanny Frala played chicken with me on Christmas day and broke my reflectors. So being the first girl isn't like what everyone thinks...awww, I'll bet you were so spoiled!! WRONG!! TOUGH to survive..yeah! I'm going to check on FB for some of the friends that I knew Sherry hung around with and see if I can hook you up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lilbourn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lance Walker 23 hr guest 1
Wanting to join the klan Sun Set The Standard 3
Larry truelove on dope Aug 20 Dude 3
Tecumseh the prophet Aug 19 Ricardo montobomb 1
flying j. Aug 19 Guest 13
Magnitude 7 Metals Aug 19 Guest 49
House for rent or for sale Aug 18 Steel Magnolia 1

Lilbourn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance