Kauai woman's stabbing leaves friends in shock - News

After Fredlynn Hoapili called Monday to say she wouldn't be able to work at the Kauai Palms Hotel anymore because of a family matter, her boss, Gloria Purter, became concerned. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Isleboi

Houston, TX

#1 Mar 4, 2009
Condolences to the family. A senseless killing of a mother/grandmother who worked hard at various jobs to provide for her family. The story does not relate any information the contribution Mr. Hoapili made to the welfare of the family, other than bring misery and heartache.
nanakulimama

Honolulu, HI

#2 Mar 4, 2009
How sad that a mother/grandmother was killed by her husband and over what? No one, except for God and the husband, knows why this happened. It appeared as though she was trying to get the family off the streets and was working her okole off for this family. Maybe husband needed money and there was none to give. Well, wife is dead and husband will be in jail for a very long time. What happens to the children? Too bad he didn't think about that before killing his wife. If you're frustrated with the situation just walk away, get off the drugs, get a job and maybe your self-esteem will grow. Condolences to Mrs Hoapili's family. May God grant them peace.
kanaka pete

Worth, IL

#3 Mar 4, 2009
Did the Superferry bring this anger on to Mr Hoa'pili?? When will these women learn not to get rid of the restraining order?
alice

Pahoa, HI

#4 Mar 4, 2009
Lot of violent men out there.
kapaa

Lihue, HI

#5 Mar 4, 2009
he had a history of domestic abuse and drug use. 2 weeks and 5 years probation? he should have been incarcerated and she should have left ....but its all moot now
dumbfounded

Honolulu, HI

#6 Mar 4, 2009
What is happening now days. The guy in the stabbing in Ewa Beach, this woman being stabbed to death in Kauai. In each case the perp was someone in the system. Why are we allowing dangerous people like this run free, with no consequences????
With the economy the way that it is, are we going to see more and more stuff like this happening? I hope not. At what point do we look at a person who has a history of mental illness, selling, using, and distributing drugs and other illegal stuff and say - you are not safe to be back in society and you may and probably will hurt someone!
I'm just shaking my head!
JKai

Honolulu, HI

#9 Mar 4, 2009
kanaka pete wrote:
Did the Superferry bring this anger on to Mr Hoa'pili??
Dude, really? You want to go there in the middle of this tragedy?
American Infidel

Honolulu, HI

#10 Mar 4, 2009
Crazy copycat stabbing crimes are on the rise in this soft on stabbings Democrat run state!
Minamina

Mililani, HI

#11 Mar 4, 2009
`Aue! This is so minamina and sad. My aloha to the family and friends.
Poi Boy

AOL

#12 Mar 4, 2009
Auwe!!!!!!!!
sunflower

Honolulu, HI

#13 Mar 4, 2009
My condolence to the family. It is just sad that this happen. Everyday always something bad going on.
Likris

Kahului, HI

#14 Mar 4, 2009
Family abuse is prevalent in our society. Unfortunately, with the downsizing of everything, people's only retribution is towards a family member. They are the last to speak out and easy to control. Women, take self defense classes now. You may save not only your life, but maybe your children's lives.
konapaddler

Kailua Kona, HI

#15 Mar 4, 2009
coward old moke.
Problem Solved

San Jose, CA

#16 Mar 4, 2009
Hang all the drug dealers.

to dumbfounded: there was a stabbing murder in Wahiawa a couple of days ago too (the victim was a homeless person) and Kokohead Trail...
dumbfounded wrote:
What is happening now days. The guy in the stabbing in Ewa Beach, this woman being stabbed to death in Kauai. In each case the perp was someone in the system. Why are we allowing dangerous people like this run free, with no consequences????
With the economy the way that it is, are we going to see more and more stuff like this happening? I hope not. At what point do we look at a person who has a history of mental illness, selling, using, and distributing drugs and other illegal stuff and say - you are not safe to be back in society and you may and probably will hurt someone!
I'm just shaking my head!
No More Statistics

AOL

#18 Mar 4, 2009
Here is a link to Kauai's Garden Isle Newspaper. It gives a little more insight to this TRAGIC EVENT! May God Bless this Family and May we All Pray for PEACE in this CRAZY WORLD!
Aloha.....
http://www.kauaiworld.com/

Since: Feb 09

Kamuela Hawaii

#19 Mar 4, 2009
Well said.
Wake Up wrote:
<quoted text>Are u on dogfood? What the hell does that have to do with anything??? Wake up, Petra. U sure you're a Kanaka or just perpetrating? Bend over and kick yourself in the okole.
American Infidel

Honolulu, HI

#20 Mar 4, 2009
konapaddler wrote:
coward old moke.
According to the news, the idiot was high on ice, paranoid that his wife was fooling around so he killed her.
American Infidel

Honolulu, HI

#21 Mar 4, 2009
sunflower wrote:
Everyday always something bad going on.
Yep. Violent crimes are on the rise everyday in this Democrat run state!
kanaka pete

Worth, IL

#22 Mar 4, 2009
Wake Up wrote:
<quoted text>Are u on dogfood? What the hell does that have to do with anything??? Wake up, Petra. U sure you're a Kanaka or just perpetrating? Bend over and kick yourself in the okole.
are u Jimmy g
momo

Honolulu, HI

#23 Mar 4, 2009
JKai wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, really? You want to go there in the middle of this tragedy?
no kidding......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lihue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kauai Water Department wins approval of explora... (Oct '12) Sep 2 Seth Ashford 2
Kapaa Music Thread (Apr '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 14
Insurer punished for failing to pay claim - News (Jan '09) May '14 Quakteanro Gugili... 49
kauai kai salon May '14 shara 1
Kauai Fire Department seeks more overtime funds May '14 shara 2
Kauai man gets 30 days in jail for cruelty to a... (Feb '10) May '14 common sense 2
Proof on website proving Police Misconduct and ... (Apr '06) May '14 KauaiBatman 12

Lihue Jobs

Lihue People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lihue News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lihue

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]