Kauai man gets 30 days in jail for cruelty to animals

Jan 30, 2010 Full story: The Honolulu Advertiser

LIHUE - A state judge sentenced a 24-year-old Koloa man to 30 days in prison yesterday in two animal-cruelty cases after numerous dogs were found dead or dying on his property, apparently lacking sufficient food and water.

Full Story
cruelty to animals

Keauhou, HI

#1 Feb 3, 2010
Has anyone ever considered that maybe this person was having a very difficult time surviving...maybe he couldn't even take care of himself. If the Humane Society already had suspician of the dogs being neglected...why didn't they remove the dogs immediately. I know this young man and I have never seem him be violent or disrespectful. I know him as a kind and respectful person. Down on his luck and having a hard time, but he was always been a very nice person and never made trouble.
The press is making this person sound like a monster when he is not. What about all the deadbeat dads who neglect their children with no regard to how they are fed or clothed? Why are they not made out to be monsters? Why doesn't our child support agency and press write aricles about how their children are left to survive on their own...or with a mother who has to work 2-3 jobs to take care of their basic needs! I feel sorry for the dogs, but what about the human neglect and abuse? Maybe we should publicize all the deadbeat dads like we are this unfortunate young man who is having a difficult time.
common sense

Hanalei, HI

#2 May 8, 2014
regardless of his situation those animals were his responsibility. he could have gave them to the humane society but instead chose to let them starve and suffer. furthermore this has nothing to do with child abuse so i dont know why you started loosing track of the subject. moron...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lihue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kauai Water Department wins approval of explora... (Oct '12) Sep 2 Seth Ashford 2
Kapaa Music Thread (Apr '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 14
Insurer punished for failing to pay claim - News (Jan '09) May '14 Quakteanro Gugili... 49
kauai kai salon May '14 shara 1
Kauai Fire Department seeks more overtime funds May '14 shara 2
Proof on website proving Police Misconduct and ... (Apr '06) May '14 KauaiBatman 12
State timeshare properties prove popular with o... (Feb '09) May '14 Julia Anderson 3
•••
•••
Lihue Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lihue Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lihue People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE