Four Seasons Brewing - Latrobe PA

Posted in the Ligonier Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 11

.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 22, 2012
 
I just remembered reading something a while back about a craft brewery considering opening in Latrobe. This is exactly the sort of thing that downtown Latrobe needs.(Hopefully it will be downtown.)

http://www.fsbrewing.com

I wish these brave souls all the luck and good fortune that the world has to offer. Latrobe is an interesting (challenging?) location for such a venture.
Yep

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 22, 2012
 
Wont be in the city of Latrobe.
bob

Urbana, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 22, 2012
 
Yep wrote:
Wont be in the city of Latrobe.
Why?
Yep

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 22, 2012
 
No location. Most buildings require major rehab. Not enough capital to renovate a building and open the brewery.
I totally disagree

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Yep wrote:
No location. Most buildings require major rehab. Not enough capital to renovate a building and open the brewery.
I totally disagree.

But, since Latrobe has two new employees to figure this out the Sustainability Manager and new Director of Revitalization -- let's see what businesses they bring to Latrobe.
Yep

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Well how about we go this route then. The business does not fit Latrobes mold for a new business. It is a for profit business. That is not in the cities vIsion.

Since: Jan 11

.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Yep wrote:
No location. Most buildings require major rehab. Not enough capital to renovate a building and open the brewery.
Isn't this exactly something that a downtown revitalization program could (or should) assist with? Find some organization or program that could help with the costs of such a renovation so that new small businesses can start up in town? Once you've cleared the space, building out a brewery and tap room will cost about the same in a 100 year old building on Main Street as it will in a strip mall next to Walmart.
Yep

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

It is exactly what they should be doing but when Adelphia and wccc control the powers nothing else has room.

Since: Jan 11

.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

There's plenty of room, and neither of those entities are getting in anybody's way. I get sick of the talk of power brokers in Latrobe. There is no power to be had in Latrobe.
Yep

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I just don't see the benefit of putting a business in Latrobe. Outside of it has a better chance to succeed. I just think its funny that really the only ones going into Latrobe are the non profits. Eventually it will be a problem.
earl

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yep wrote:
It is exactly what they should be doing but when Adelphia and wccc control the powers nothing else has room.
Adelphia hasn't been in existence since it was overtaken by Comcast.
my own street dawgs

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 22, 2012
 
Yep wrote:
I just don't see the benefit of putting a business in Latrobe. Outside of it has a better chance to succeed. I just think its funny that really the only ones going into Latrobe are the non profits. Eventually it will be a problem.
A business can put itself anywhere.

The job of Latrobe's two new employees is to pull at the heart strings and purse strings of a variety of entities so that they relocate their businesses to downtown Latrobe.

Again, I'd like to highlight the Chobani yogurt story...(Did I spell it right this time, MOZ?)

-----People in Latrobe need jobs, and they've been beaten down to work for low-wages. That should be very attractive to a potential employer.
Really

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 22, 2012
 
my own street dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
A business can put itself anywhere.
The job of Latrobe's two new employees is to pull at the heart strings and purse strings of a variety of entities so that they relocate their businesses to downtown Latrobe.
Again, I'd like to highlight the Chobani yogurt story...(Did I spell it right this time, MOZ?)
-----People in Latrobe need jobs, and they've been beaten down to work for low-wages. That should be very attractive to a potential employer.
And what makes Latrobe stand out versus the other 1000's of small cities in the same situation? People need to get over the obsession of Latrobe becoming what it used to be. It won't happen when nicer areas are less than 2 miles away with a less burdensome situation as this town has. Slowly but surely this town will fade each and every year.
excellent question

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Really wrote:
And what makes Latrobe stand out versus the other 1000's of small cities in the same situation?
Well, now two people are being paid more than $100,000/year plus benefits to make Latrobe "stand out".

If they can't do it, for that amount of money, then they shouldn't have their jobs longer than the 18-months promised.

Other small towns don't pay people to Revitalize the town: Latrobe is paying.

However, some more savvy small towns pay competent designers and city developers to do the plans and carry out the funding.
Moe Green

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 22, 2012
 
Agreed that a brew pub would be a great addition to the town. However , the owners of All Saints have no intention of establishing a brew pub, none whatsoever. They were looking for a facility for brewing which they've found in the industrial park. It's a two man operation.

Since: Jan 11

.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Moe Green wrote:
Agreed that a brew pub would be a great addition to the town. However , the owners of All Saints have no intention of establishing a brew pub, none whatsoever. They were looking for a facility for brewing which they've found in the industrial park. It's a two man operation.
Depends a bit on your business model. No, a brewery intent on selling kegs to local restaurants and bars would have no reason to go out of their way to find a nice retail location. I guess it's not completely clear what the intent of Four Seasons is. Perhaps I assumed incorrectly that they wanted to sell beer directly to consumers.
excellent question

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Jim Moz wrote:
Depends a bit on your business model. No, a brewery intent on selling kegs to local restaurants and bars would have no reason to go out of their way to find a nice retail location. I guess it's not completely clear what the intent of Four Seasons is. Perhaps I assumed incorrectly that they wanted to sell beer directly to consumers.
The money that can be made off of an adjoining restaurant and pub with a brewery is amazing! The fact that people can see the big containers, the brew masters, the controls; that the food customers can ask questions.

These types of business -- in every other intelligent part of the freakin' UNIVERSE -- are big draws for the micro-brewery.

Isn't it too bad that -- not one person in Latrobe -- tried to persuade the business to think this way?
excellent question

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 22, 2012
 
http://www.trumer-international.com/

What's the world's best Pilsner doing getting brewed in Berkeley, CA?
william robert

New London, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 24, 2012
 
They have found a building in downtown. I'm not saying where so they can announce it first.
irresistable

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 24, 2012
 
william robert wrote:
They have found a building in downtown. I'm not saying where so they can announce it first.
The Train Station?

The garage on the corner of Alexandria and Depot?(expandable to the east)

The entire Troutman building...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Ligonier Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ligonier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ligonier News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ligonier
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••