Council member Melville.

Posted in the Ligonier Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Punkinhead

Derry, PA

#1 Jan 27, 2013
How is she still on council after she was charged for writing bad checks. Isn't that the same as stealing?
Resident

Derry, PA

#3 Jan 31, 2013
I can't understand why either. I've been to a few meetings & when she doesn't get her way, she throws a temper tantrum. If there are criminal charges against her, she should resign. Or did her buddies in the P.D. make the charges disappear.
Ryan Wenworth

Latrobe, PA

#4 Jan 31, 2013
She is one of the best council members we have had on Derry Council in a long time. She gets things done. Before you start throwing stones at her look at yourself.
Unknown

Latrobe, PA

#5 Feb 1, 2013
Ryan Wenworth wrote:
She is one of the best council members we have had on Derry Council in a long time. She gets things done. Before you start throwing stones at her look at yourself.
She is one of the better ones on council. Just look at the others!
Resident

Derry, PA

#6 Feb 1, 2013
So, the fact that she's a thief and a liar doesn't bother you?
deleted taxpayer

New York, NY

#7 Feb 1, 2013
I would say her past troubles with the law are much worse than a littering fine the Pres. recieved.
Resident

Derry, PA

#8 Feb 1, 2013
I agree. The fact that her trouble with the law occured during her time as a council member is very disturbing. The check thing happened in 2010 while she held her seat on council. What really puzzles me is why Susan Bortz overlooked the matter. If she was such a good mayor, she should have asked for Melville's resignation. Then she has the nerve to call for the resignation of the other members. Pure B.S. if you ask me!
Resident

Derry, PA

#9 Feb 3, 2013
Ryan Wenworth wrote:
. What exactly has she done? Besides make sure she gets her name in the paper by arguing with the rest of council.
Unknown

Mount Pleasant, PA

#10 Feb 4, 2013
The rest of council isn't any better.
In the Know

Latrobe, PA

#11 Feb 6, 2013
Removing Melville from council was given to the Boro attorney in 2010. There is nothing in PA Law that prohibits her from holding her seat. She cannot be removed by council she has to be voted off.
unknown

Mount Pleasant, PA

#12 Feb 7, 2013
In the Know wrote:
Removing Melville from council was given to the Boro attorney in 2010. There is nothing in PA Law that prohibits her from holding her seat. She cannot be removed by council she has to be voted off.
along with a few others...
kdg

Arlington, VA

#13 Feb 12, 2013
That's Council President Melville, thank you very much!!!
Resident

Derry, PA

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Let's see how long it takes for her to fall on her face. Talk about high and mighty. All she is is Sue Bortz's puppet!!!!
Ryan Wenworth

Latrobe, PA

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Congratulations on becoming Council President. Now we have someone holding the titale that will get things done for a change. Now I'm hoping the ex Council President and Chuck D resign the offices they hold, both of them have done nothing since they took office. About the only thing Chuck has done is attend meetings via speaker phone.
kdg

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Feb 13, 2013
Ryan Wenworth wrote:
Congratulations on becoming Council President. Now we have someone holding the titale that will get things done for a change. Now I'm hoping the ex Council President and Chuck D resign the offices they hold, both of them have done nothing since they took office. About the only thing Chuck has done is attend meetings via speaker phone.
or how about "I'm not a politician" or "i'm busy" (Byers Sr.) Or one that wasn't even registered to vote (Morton) then again i do enjoy the circus every month, great entertainment.

Since: Nov 12

Garden City, MI

#17 Feb 13, 2013
Congrats to her.. much better than the alternative
deleted taxpayer

Greensburg, PA

#18 Feb 13, 2013
if she runs council the way she runs her life,the whole council may end up in jail
Unknown

Mount Pleasant, PA

#19 Feb 13, 2013
jimbyersjr wrote:
Congrats to her.. much better than the alternative
I agree with you! Better choice than the others
Diamond Dolls fan

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Feb 15, 2013
Resident wrote:
Let's see how long it takes for her to fall on her face. Talk about high and mighty. All she is is Sue Bortz's puppet!!!!
It's politics...it's as simple as that. They might as well have her write out all the checks for the Boro, while they are at it.
Punkinhead

Derry, PA

#21 Feb 16, 2013
How can someone charged with writing bad checks be allowed to write checks for the borough? Who's going to sign the public works and police payroll checks? I don't think she can be trusted with the taxpayers money. What's to stop her from paying her bills with borough funds?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ligonier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best football player? Best team? (Dec '12) 4 hr cheesecake rd 25
derry water and sewage bills (May '14) 7 hr Bop 3
Poll Was it a mistake to close Loyalhanna and New De... (Mar '14) 7 hr Bop 10
adelphoi 9 hr JLR 1
How much Gold has William Devane bought from Ro... (Aug '13) 12 hr Marilyn 43
News Victim's Family Increases Reward In Derry Twp. ... (Apr '14) 19 hr Yea 3
Poll Should Sheetz Come to Derry Boro (Oct '09) 20 hr mike p 19

Ligonier Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance