5-month-old boy's skull fractured, and grandmother searches for...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Denise Manning feared for her 5-month-old grandson's safety, and said so in a letter to child welfare officials.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of82
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
August

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Good luck, Lynn. Dealing with agencies here in Florida is a nightmare and you are not alone. I'm praying for you and your daughter.
dog lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
The boyfriend is black.
What does that have to do with anything?
dog lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

A Friend wrote:
Nicole now has a little girl that is 2 years old. She loves that little girl and misses her son more than anyone can imagine. There is a lot more to this story so do not judge her. I have 2 kids myself and I am a loving mother. I wouldn't hesitate to for even one second to trust Nicole with my children. I'm sure you have all heard the expression "Don't believe everything you hear".
If she has custody of the 2 year old daughter that is a crime!
Lynn

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

August wrote:
Good luck, Lynn. Dealing with agencies here in Florida is a nightmare and you are not alone. I'm praying for you and your daughter.
Thank you, August. Still at it. Critical appointments are coming up though - finally! Just trying to keep my mind in check for her sake.
EX CON Joseph Rainier V

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

Alrighty then wrote:
"The boyfriend"......uh, does he have a name?
Yes Joseph Rainier V , EX Convict from Tarpon Springs aka USPI INC. or Vinnies Coins BEWARE !!

Rip-off Report: Vincent Cavo - Joseph Rainier - Vinnie's Coins ...Dec 9, 2008 ... RAINIER, JOSEPH V DOB: 5/31/1958. Docket #: 1332818 .... RAINIER, JOSEPH V 1236031 2/26/2007 4:32:44 PM PINELLAS COUNTY SHERIFF ...
www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/399/RipOff0399...
EX CON Joseph Rainier V

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

dog lover wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with anything?
The boyfriend is Joseph Rainier V a EX CONVICT from Tarpon Springs Florida aka Vince Cavo Ashville Ohio BEWARE !!

Rip-off Report: Vincent Cavo - Joseph Rainier - Vinnie's Coins ...Dec 9, 2008 ... RAINIER, JOSEPH V DOB: 5/31/1958. Docket #: 1332818 .... RAINIER, JOSEPH V 1236031 2/26/2007 4:32:44 PM PINELLAS COUNTY SHERIFF ...
www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/399/RipOff0399...
nicole manning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

I am nicole manning and yes my son was abused by my ex boyfriend CHRIS SANCHEZ, who lives in Coral Springs. For all of you that enjoy trashing me and my parenting skills I would appreciate it if you would research the whole situation before you gave your input. I am not white trash. I was 19 years old and the only thing I was guitly of was being young and nieve. I never thought anything would or could happen to my son. So all of you know I fought for years to get my son back. The only reason I didn't is because my mother paid her attorney one hundred thousand dollars. I had a public deffender. I love and miss my son more than anyone knows. I have a two year old daughter that is amazing and doing great. If it was up to me, my daughter and I would both have a relationship with jace. Unfortunately my mother won't let us have a relationship. I think about him everyday and I will forever. Hopefully one day I will be able to see him again. Please don't jusge the situation before you hear the other side.
great posts

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

As usual... it never fails to surprise me either that there are so many who remain ignorant, misguided, and judgemental...or that they find the time to post comments with hateful and non-constructive remarks about people whom they know absolutely nothing about..
First, for those of you who believe that the people working within DCF or similar agencies are inept... I challenge you then to attempt to do the jobs better... If you see a fault.. by all means.. feel free to stand up and make a difference!.. instead of making uneducated or disgruntled comments about people who work in one of the most difficult professions out there... For your information, it takes more than a high school diploma to work in the field, and although there are those who don't perfom well within EVERY profession, there are those who work extremely hard (for not so great compensation) to keep all of your kids safe.... People who, while you go to your office jobs etc., get to walk into the homes of strangers who may be potentially violent... with nothing but a badge and clearly indentifying shirt...(how many of you are willing to do this every day?)
Second, find me one parent, one mother or father, who has not made a bad decision... a wrong turn.. somewhere..somehow.. Guess what people? It happens to the best of us.. and it's pretty easy to be judgemental and say our part when we have one side of a story and no affiliation to anyone in it... This little boy has been seriously hurt, and who are you to say whether his mother does not hurt equally as much knowing this and missing her child every day...
Sometimes the best in appearance can have the worst of intentions... and quite frankly.. one stops to consider the benefits of blasting your daughter's name across a headline some years after the fact in a quest for a large monetary settlement...
This is an unfortunate case... and the truth is.. as much as I'm sure many of you will disagree with it (again no surprise here).... that it could happen to the best of us... especially to inexperienced parents with possibly not the best guidance to begin with....
Everyone deserves to be if not agreed with, given the opportunity to be heard, and I doubt that this will ever occur in this type of case... No one knows the facts, and no one ever will...and making derogatory and self-rightous comments from a subjective view can never be of use to anyone...
So.. come on all of you flawless parents, aunts, relatives, friends, potential social service agents and world changers... step up.. and make your society better by living through example.. But then again.. I suppose it's always easier to just theorize about it on here...
no name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

nicole manning wrote:
I am nicole manning and yes my son was abused by my ex boyfriend CHRIS SANCHEZ, who lives in Coral Springs. For all of you that enjoy trashing me and my parenting skills I would appreciate it if you would research the whole situation before you gave your input. I am not white trash. I was 19 years old and the only thing I was guitly of was being young and nieve. I never thought anything would or could happen to my son. So all of you know I fought for years to get my son back. The only reason I didn't is because my mother paid her attorney one hundred thousand dollars. I had a public deffender. I love and miss my son more than anyone knows. I have a two year old daughter that is amazing and doing great. If it was up to me, my daughter and I would both have a relationship with jace. Unfortunately my mother won't let us have a relationship. I think about him everyday and I will forever. Hopefully one day I will be able to see him again. Please don't jusge the situation before you hear the other side.
I believe you Nicole, I know your mother and she is just after the money. I have met Jace, a sweet boy and I also remember meeting you once a lost child with a mother who only looked out for herself! My prayers are with you, Nicole, I hope too that someday you get to hold your beautiful little boy again.
nicole manning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

no name wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you Nicole, I know your mother and she is just after the money. I have met Jace, a sweet boy and I also remember meeting you once a lost child with a mother who only looked out for herself! My prayers are with you, Nicole, I hope too that someday you get to hold your beautiful little boy again.
Thank you, I really appreciate that. It means a lot. I haven't had a relationship with denise in a long time and as far back as I can remember, everything she did benefited herself. I should thank her for teaching me what not to do as a mother.:) I wish I knew who you were.....
no name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

thank you , there is something else motivating this grandmother and it's money and painkillers, plus I've seen her in ACTION WITH HER DAUGHTER nICOLE, jACE SHOULD BE EITHER WITH HIS MOTHER AND NEW SISTER OR AT THE LEAST WITH HIS OTHER PATERNAL GRANDPARENTS WHO ARE GOOD PEOPLE!
At last wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally someone else sees that there is obvioulsy something else motivating this "wonderful" grandmother. Reading between the lines I see grandma not happy with her P.O.S. daughter and her P.O.S. boyfriend and trying to get in between them. Granted they should not be together (or probably alive for that matter) but granny appears to have an alterior motive. Maybe she is just after money, or seeing her name in the paper, or who knows but there is more here than meets the eye.
nicole manning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Denise has been addicted to pain killers since she was my age or younger. She comes across to everyone like she's an amazing life changing woman. People who know her well know the truth. She is convincing, coniving, and manipulative. I don't know how she does it but some how she makes everyone believe she is so perfect. She always dated men with large sums of money and everytime she entered a new relationship the man had more assets then the one before. Not only that, she sent me away to numerous schools because she did not want to raise me. I am worried if she looses this law suit she will do the same to my son. I wish people would have come forward before I lost all parental rights because now I lost my son forever.
no name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how low women will stoop for sausage isn't it.
this grandmother only thought of her boyfriends too...remember the apple never falls far from the tree!! She is the last person who should have him, she's an addict herself. Know the WHOLE story before you judge this girl...
no name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Nicole give me a phone number and I will call you....
nicole manning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Everyone on this thing will be calling me! Lol nine five four six six three four six seven three. I couldn't type out the numbers.. sorry it would not let me!
nicole manning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

And I would also like to say, during all of the investigating and court hearings over the last three and a half years denise was ordered to get 12 panel drug testing. For all of you who do not know what that is... it is a drug screening for prescription drugs. She was ordered every month to get a hair folical test. There were several months she was late. I have a feeling she was late because she was still abusing the medication and did not want it to show up. After all this time I only had one random test done and it was negative. Denise and her on again off again boyfriend testified that I never had a drug problem. Tell me how she has custody of my son.
Please

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

nicole manning wrote:
And I would also like to say, during all of the investigating and court hearings over the last three and a half years denise was ordered to get 12 panel drug testing. For all of you who do not know what that is... it is a drug screening for prescription drugs. She was ordered every month to get a hair folical test. There were several months she was late. I have a feeling she was late because she was still abusing the medication and did not want it to show up. After all this time I only had one random test done and it was negative. Denise and her on again off again boyfriend testified that I never had a drug problem. Tell me how she has custody of my son.
She has custody of your son because you were the one that kept putting your son in danger. Hey don't get mad. I am going by what the records show. Your "feeling" of her taking medications, is not as clear as you endangering your kid by placing him in a dangerous environment.
nicole manning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Please wrote:
<quoted text>
She has custody of your son because you were the one that kept putting your son in danger. Hey don't get mad. I am going by what the records show. Your "feeling" of her taking medications, is not as clear as you endangering your kid by placing him in a dangerous environment.
Maybe you should read over the records again. You have no clue about the situation. Why don't you mind your own business and stop judging me because you know nothing about me.
Margeret

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

the grandmother you are all praising, always chose her male friends over her daughter, and now she's using her grandson to keep her man and his money, and to make money from the lawsuit. She's an addict who still takes painlkillers,she only stayed clean until she won custody and now she's back to her old "tricks" when she "nods" out at the wheel of her car who will be there to save her grandson then?
Elizabeth perez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

What an cruel action. Thanks God for the kids grandmother for gaining custody of the child, what kind of mother allows such an act.( only a monster for a mother will) hopefully DCF doesn't allow Nicole Manning to keep custody of any child if she had any after what happed to this poor little angel, and if she does have any children under her custody DCF you people are the worst and you don't do a great job. Im a mother myself and I can't image what I would do if some guy im dating would do that to my kid. It's more than obvious that this little girl (cause that's what she is) cares more about her lovers than her own child.... God bless Denise Manning for caring and had taken that little miracle boy from that un fit mother!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of82
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lighthouse Point Discussions

Search the Lighthouse Point Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 6 min storey stars and snow 1,834
Review: Lucas Back Tax Attorneys 4 hr HenryMoore22 1
Review: Half Price Kitchen Bath & Granite (Aug '12) Thu RD Ft Lauderdale 5
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Thu Panamaed 2,631
Review: John Wai Kung Fu Academy Thu Wu Tang 23
Police on trail of theft and fraud suspect John... (Feb '09) Apr 15 He Dated my sis 88
leo (Nov '12) Apr 15 Wondering 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lighthouse Point Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lighthouse Point People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••