rock springs baptist
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
you should know

Doniphan, MO

#1 Aug 22, 2009
Take some advice do a little research about your Pastor.......the Word of God says
And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; 1Th 5:12
And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.Matt 15:14
laplander

Topeka, KS

#2 Aug 22, 2009
you should know wrote:
Take some advice do a little research about your Pastor.......the Word of God says
And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; 1Th 5:12
And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.Matt 15:14
Are you talking about the Rock Springs church over by Bendavis?
The one my mom gave me

Saint Charles, MO

#3 Aug 22, 2009
Rock Springs on C hwy....I know what they mean about that crazy pastor..
you should know

Doniphan, MO

#4 Aug 23, 2009
The one my mom gave me wrote:
Rock Springs on C hwy....I know what they mean about that crazy pastor..
thats the one!
Wolf in sheeps clothing, feeding off the sheep.
was

Sullivan, MO

#5 Aug 23, 2009
I was going to start going there, whats going on i need to know before i go!!!!! But first r u mad at him for something? Because we r not put on this earth to juge people, so what u r saying on this web page is true?
you should know

Doniphan, MO

#6 Aug 23, 2009
Before him and his wife were married she was married to a man in Doniphan, Rodley and her were having an affair together while she was still married to another man.
Look what Jesus taught..........
Mt 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

They are not fit for leadership of any church.
That is just the first of many questionable things this couple has been involved in.
buzz

Sullivan, MO

#7 Aug 23, 2009
was-don't let what you read on here determine whether or not you try out that church. you can't believe everything you read on here.
xray

Waterloo, IL

#8 Aug 23, 2009
meemwaw says there is no use for fancy book learning
interesting

Viburnum, MO

#9 Aug 24, 2009
How about "He who is without sin cast the first stone." or "Before you remove the speck from your neighbors eye, remove the beam from thine own eye" or "Judge not lest ye be judged" or "Old things pass away and all thing become anew in Christ Jesus"
I think someone is a little disgruntled. Was--I would go and see for myself.. Apparently "you-should-know" is very picky and choosey on the scriptures they recite.
you should know

Doniphan, MO

#10 Aug 24, 2009
interesting wrote:
How about "He who is without sin cast the first stone." or "Before you remove the speck from your neighbors eye, remove the beam from thine own eye" or "Judge not lest ye be judged" or "Old things pass away and all thing become anew in Christ Jesus"
I think someone is a little disgruntled. Was--I would go and see for myself.. Apparently "you-should-know" is very picky and choosey on the scriptures they recite.
How about verses like "where much is given much is required".......standards for a leader is a little different than those of every day joes such as "interesting".

Tit 1:5 ¶ For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:
6 ¶ If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

1Ti 3:1 ¶ This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

if you need more just let me know...I have a whole Bible full of the standards for leadership....

where much is given much is required.......standards for a leader is a little different than every day joe
gwb

Springfield, MO

#11 Aug 24, 2009
sounds like one family we know whose bullied and pushed this chuch around for years; ran off countless pastors and people and are still at it. its been 2years since you all have left the church and your evil is still raising its head. Rodley has not preached anything against God's word. he has repented and god has forgivin him. Who is to say that God did NOT call him to preach? The church is extremely happy and prospering with love for all people. don't believe everything you see on here. I encourage you to come see for yourself.
you should know

Doniphan, MO

#12 Aug 24, 2009
Ask God where He would have you to go, be careful what YOU decide on your own..........

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
The Truth

Lebanon, MO

#13 Aug 24, 2009
you should know

Maybe if you spent more time applying these scriptures to your life you wouldn't be trying to do harm to a man and his family that are trying their best to serve God.

Keep up all the negatives towards a man who is doing his best and your life will end up where you want his to be.

In other words get a life.....PLEASE!
you should know

Doniphan, MO

#14 Aug 25, 2009
The Truth wrote:
you should know
Maybe if you spent more time applying these scriptures to your life you wouldn't be trying to do harm to a man and his family that are trying their best to serve God.
Keep up all the negatives towards a man who is doing his best and your life will end up where you want his to be.
In other words get a life.....PLEASE!
Sorry that the truth hurts so much.
you should know

Doniphan, MO

#15 Aug 25, 2009
Ministers are to be an example to others.....adultery......some example.........

1Pe 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
Angel boy

Topeka, KS

#16 Aug 25, 2009
"You should know" You really need to stop spewing hatred and using God's word to justify your accusations.You clearly have an agenda and you are so wrong to come on here and try to damage someone's reputation.My God is a forgiving God and a loving God.Please stop,you are not the one to judge others,not by a long shot.So STOP already!!
Desciples of whom

Sullivan, MO

#17 Aug 25, 2009
David was an adulterer, but he was still the chosen of God. He was truly repentent. Only God knows the heart of another.
You are right, Satan does transform himself into an Angel of light. Satan can also spew scripture like a good baptist.
How about all the scriptures about judgement and gossip? A point was made on another topic that reviling is listed right alongside adultery in the scripture as one of the deadly sins.(1 Cor. 6:9,10. Or how about 1 Cor 5:11- "Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or idolater or a Reviler...." So, what you are doing here,'You should Know' is just as wrong as anything the pastor has done. Reviling this person, or any other is on a par with adultery.
It sounds like you have a personal vendetta and it's not becoming a Christian. If this person should not be in his position, God will remove him in his own time. It's not your job to sit on God's judgement seat. In fact, that would be stealing from God, in a sense, now wouldn't it?
Angel boy

Topeka, KS

#18 Aug 25, 2009
Desciples of whom wrote:
David was an adulterer, but he was still the chosen of God. He was truly repentent. Only God knows the heart of another.
You are right, Satan does transform himself into an Angel of light. Satan can also spew scripture like a good baptist.
How about all the scriptures about judgement and gossip? A point was made on another topic that reviling is listed right alongside adultery in the scripture as one of the deadly sins.(1 Cor. 6:9,10. Or how about 1 Cor 5:11- "Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or idolater or a Reviler...." So, what you are doing here,'You should Know' is just as wrong as anything the pastor has done. Reviling this person, or any other is on a par with adultery.
It sounds like you have a personal vendetta and it's not becoming a Christian. If this person should not be in his position, God will remove him in his own time. It's not your job to sit on God's judgement seat. In fact, that would be stealing from God, in a sense, now wouldn't it?
You said it best.In fact all in a nutshell.
you should know

Doniphan, MO

#19 Aug 25, 2009
1Th 5:12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

So either you can rip this scripture out of your Bible, or except it as truth. At least everyone KNOWS the truth now....so, do with it as you please......
Angel boy

United States

#20 Aug 25, 2009
you should know wrote:
1Th 5:12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
So either you can rip this scripture out of your Bible, or except it as truth. At least everyone KNOWS the truth now....so, do with it as you please......
You just don't get it.I feel sorry for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Licking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scrap Mon Amanda 1
Bed bugs and lice at the school wtf!!!!!! Feb 18 rdcow 14
Devil worshipers at licking high school Feb 17 MuffDVR 4
ISO house to rent in Licking school district Feb 15 Anonymous 1
Anybody having issues with Centurylink internet? (Mar '12) Feb 11 jerry 55
Shanonda "Shay" Barton (Jan '16) Feb 9 Friend of His and... 4
Neldon Neal (Oct '08) Feb 8 rseeba 56

Licking Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance