First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bilybadfinger

El Dorado Springs, MO

#21 Mar 31, 2011
"WOW" all this over flying ticks,what next frogs with four eye's!
your mom

Columbia, MO

#22 Apr 1, 2011
this one time, my little brother was sitting on the back porch with our old hound dog, Jay, and i said, little brother, what you eatin. and he said, Jays got some grapes growing off him, and Im a picking them off and an eatin 'em.
ewww
in case you aint gettin it, them werent grapes, theys ticks
bilybadfinger

El Dorado Springs, MO

#23 Apr 2, 2011
What next four eye'd froggie's!
Nicholas

Antioch, CA

#24 Oct 12, 2011
I live in Soquel,Ca (Santa Cruz Co.) and discovered one on my shoulder after a bike ride. Thought it was a regular tick, then I noticed the wings as it was trying to fly... crushed it. In hindsight I should have saved it for some smart person to examine.
tawny

United States

#25 Nov 8, 2011
Ok, I saw a bunch of these bassets over the summer. I noticed the closer to flw I got the more there were
fsdfsld

Columbia, MO

#26 Nov 15, 2011
sam i am wrote:
Are you serious? This is awful! We need to put a stop to all this. Do you think they're part of a Bio weaponry experiment at FLW?
Of course it is bio weaponry. Your county is full of man made oddities thanks to Fort Wood. If you all don't die prematurely from cancer, its going to be the insect transmitted or airborne diseases that wipe you all out.
semanslinger

United States

#27 Nov 16, 2011
Is it a tick/flea hybrid or some type if dog tick/horse fly combo?
leesa connolly

Stoughton, MA

#28 Jul 2, 2012
ugh wrote:
U r all retarted! I think that flw has ben doing bio experiments on stupid people and they all escaped and moved to licking!
NOT NICE... haaaaa too funny...you spelled retarded incorrectly.....DUH!!!!! additionally, not nice to say that, as there are many people who are related to retarded people.
dwmitch

Stover, MO

#29 Jul 3, 2012
Good luck getting people to believe this. I saw a flying scorpion about 15 years back and everyone I tell thinks I'm a loony because of it.
MT Man

Miles City, MT

#30 Sep 11, 2012
I just found a what I thought was a fly and when I looked closely at it, it looks just like a tick but it has wings and I couldn't squish it just like how you cant squish ticks. So its very weird and have never seen anything like it before!
ronpalme

Lancaster, CA

#31 Sep 22, 2012
i just saw a milkweed tick.

it looks like the milkweed seed, but can control
its height and direction.

unlike picking up a passive milkweed seed by the white fluff, this tick wiggles the fluffy tentiles.

never see before.

the ticks were gathered on the milkweed plant, to
feed, disguised as seeds form pod.
Bow

Newport, NH

#32 Oct 28, 2012
I am surprised with all your comments, I have seen and he had a form of tick likincecton me so many times hre in central Vermont, they lok like ticks bu do have wings they kill easyer then our black and brown tick but they do look identical to our brown ticks only with wings do any of you know what this incect realy is , we are over run with ticks up here this year thanks hope you can help
Dagny

Ava, MO

#33 Dec 16, 2012
Flying ticks, known as flicks, have been reported in Georgia and Mississippi since two summers ago. Who is the dumdum who thought you meant fleas? Fleas are not arachnids. Conspiracy or not, the ability to fly from host to host, like a mosquito, will make the pest that much more difficult to contend with. The locals in Georgia mixed up a spray of white vinegar and baby oil, 2 to 1, and that seemed to prevent flicks from landing or wanting to bite. It also kept mosquitoes away, as well.
gonond

Pittsburgh, PA

#34 Dec 21, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …pest Bugs
Bill

Bronx, NY

#35 Nov 3, 2013
I've pulled 5 of what looked exactly like a tick, wih wings, very hard to kill, just like the wingles buggers, 2 on Friday, & 3 on Saturday, 11/1, & 11/2, at Bear Mountain, NY, while running on the trails there
snozwangler

Houston, MO

#36 Nov 3, 2013
Bill wrote:
I've pulled 5 of what looked exactly like a tick, wih wings, very hard to kill, just like the wingles buggers, 2 on Friday, & 3 on Saturday, 11/1, & 11/2, at Bear Mountain, NY, while running on the trails there
Ya well, I was driving down hwy 63 last night a mile outside of Licking, and a flock of these pecker shaped, white, winged things were flying all around my truck! I was DOIN 45ish too!
They were squirting like mad!!
And whatever the stuff was it caused my paint to peel in every spot they squirted!!
It's as if they were attacking my truck.
tickingres

United States

#37 Nov 3, 2013
It was in the 70ies ,when I had an itch , "down there", a pretty gal walked by. Between her & itching,an erection came on , somehow the tick mutated along. with . Hope this helps.
Sometimes , u make me roflmbo !
snozwangler

Houston, MO

#38 Nov 3, 2013
tickingres wrote:
It was in the 70ies ,when I had an itch , "down there", a pretty gal walked by. Between her & itching,an erection came on , somehow the tick mutated along. with . Hope this helps.
Sometimes , u make me roflmbo !
Oh ya??

Well just this morning there was the most beautiful frost ever here in Lickin'.

So I jumped up and grabbed my camera to snap a few pics of this lovely white surprise.

As I went out on the back porch, I slipped and fell on what I thought was a turtle. It shape was round, dark and the head appeared to be inside as expected...
But a closer look revealed something entirely different. No turtle. No hard shell like I thought.
It was a dam tick!
I'll be dam! A tick the size of a dam turtle!
So I proceeded to mess with it a little and it finally moved.
The End

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Licking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old coffee pot 16 hr licking denial 5
Confederate Flag Jul 27 Fart site 8
Creeks Jul 25 Fartfire 2
Retarded Jul 25 All you can lick 8
Here piggy piggy (Mar '14) Jul 24 PooOverflow 36
Yorkie pups for sale? (Jan '15) Jul 24 Dogs that lick 9
Best bathrooms / worst bathrooms Jul 20 Chocolate_dragon 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Licking Mortgages