Lawson, MO

#21 Apr 13, 2010
try the licking prison, lol inmates say its haunted, who knows
Nosey

Cameron, MO

#22 Apr 20, 2010
mac wrote:
i live on the property where jody hamilton is buried
Across the road and down from where the bookers used to live?
abyssparanormal

Lebanon, MO

#23 Oct 21, 2010
We are wondering if anyone has heard of a bar in licking thats haunte please email us with information abyssparanormal@yahoo.con thank you!
Awesome

Chicago, IL

#24 Jul 5, 2011
The old house on Patty Creak RD. Was said to be an old slave home . There is a little shed beside the home people say there are tunnels from the home to the shed . Don't get me wrong the looks very spooky it in a field all by itself . And Jody Hamilton's grave is also said to be haunted too . They say that late at night you can see his grave glow or maybe see a black horse and buggy with a lantern on the side going threw the field by the cemetery . Down at Boiling Springs were the spring is I have been fishing there at night many years ago and you do hear many sound but I have never heard people or even saw anything not saying that on the right night you could . The old Mason bridge is a good place to you are supost to see a shadow of a womans face across the water but again I never saw it . But I do know the old tombstone that is said to be a soldiers on a dirt rd. is pretty crazy the thing is it's not a soldiers grave it was someone that died along time ago and the riverswere up so they hurried them there . Anyway I have had some friends go there and upon leaving in there vehicle something tragic hapins . That would be a place that I would not go again . I have been to all these places I never went into the house on Patty Creak but have drove by it real late at night and it looks pretty spookie .
Sheriff Lobo

Ozark, MO

#25 Jul 5, 2011
haunting places wrote:
never heard anything about boiling springs they died at dogs bluff and they do heard things some where past paddycreek is a old house they always said if you would get in house and steal anything you would drop it before getting out of yard a large dog would knock you down and put his paws on you till you dropped the item and next time you came back it would be back in house in same place I don't know area but I know short distance from Paddy creek and that some thieves was pretty tough but never stole nothing there they try like a game
Message Board Post:

I could not find anything on the murder itself, but I did find mention of Jodie Hamilton. One reference was that Jim Cantrell served as deputy and helped capture Jodie Hamilton for the murder of the Parson family. Another reference is that in 1906, Jody Hamilton killed the Parson family in the Boiling Springs area. He had been arrested by Sheriff Wood and put in the Houston jail. Wood heard rumors that some people were going to break Hamilton out of jail and give him his just due without a trial. Sheriff Wood sneaked Hamilton from the jail. Albert Parmenter was waiting with his best horses to drive them swiftly to Cabool to put Hamilton on a train for safekeeping in the Springfield jail. Before they reached Cabool, Albert Parmenter said he could hear the crowds shouting behind, trying to catch them before they reached the train. In time, Jody Hamilton was hanged on the Houston courthouse lawn for his dirty deeds.
This info is from the Texas County Books. Maybe the info could be found in newspaper archives in the local areas.

taken from rootsweb.com
Sheriff Lobo

Ozark, MO

#26 Jul 5, 2011
http://train.missouri.org/~stinky/licking/par...

here's a lot more info from licking news
badass

Chicago, IL

#27 Aug 16, 2011
Hey does ne body no ne thang about old docter mirers house? The huge white one right by caseys n licking? Ppl say its haunted nd ppl has died n tht house. But i wana no the storys on it

Since: Mar 12

United States

#28 Mar 19, 2012
cherokeeindian51 wrote:
My husband says that he didnt know about JODY HAMILTON'S grave, but he has heard that the area where the murders happened (down by boiling springs) is suppose to be haunted, He said certain times of the night you are suppose to hear the squeeking of wagon wheels rolling down the road,(Jody killed the husband and wife first then smashed the baby's head up against the wagon wheel.)
My husband was born and raised here over 60 years ago and he's heard that story from child hood. Jody was the last hanging in Texas County and my husbands father witnessed it when he was a young man.
your story is wrong lol heres the link to prove it is wrong...
http://thelibrary.org/lochist/periodicals/bit...
but i have alos heard it was out on boiling spriongs road where the murder happened and it is supposed to be haunted lol the story i was told first was that there was a family of 7 and he raped the wife and drowned all of them in the pond lol but that was totally wrong as well... more interesting i guess.:)

United States

#29 Mar 19, 2012
triple spin move wrote:
boy scout camp down by duke....
haunted lol lots of people have told me many different stories and supossibly seen a bunch of different things... but i have yet to go... i do have family that has visited the place and they say they will NEVER go back EVER

United States

#30 Mar 19, 2012
haunting places wrote:
never heard anything about boiling springs they died at dogs bluff and they do heard things some where past paddycreek is a old house they always said if you would get in house and steal anything you would drop it before getting out of yard a large dog would knock you down and put his paws on you till you dropped the item and next time you came back it would be back in house in same place I don't know area but I know short distance from Paddy creek and that some thieves was pretty tough but never stole nothing there they try like a game
NO NO NO... sorry but that is a complete lie... lol had family that lived there a long time ago the only thing thats haunted about it is that the house used to be a slave house and during the civil war was used as a hospital.. sorry but your facts or incorrect however the place is haunted... i will promise you that but NEVER try to cross the fence between you and the house because you WILL get met with a gun to your face... lol drive by it sometime and snap some pictures of the place.. let me know what you find ;)

United States

#31 Mar 19, 2012
Awesome wrote:
The old house on Patty Creak RD. Was said to be an old slave home . There is a little shed beside the home people say there are tunnels from the home to the shed . Don't get me wrong the looks very spooky it in a field all by itself . And Jody Hamilton's grave is also said to be haunted too . They say that late at night you can see his grave glow or maybe see a black horse and buggy with a lantern on the side going threw the field by the cemetery . Down at Boiling Springs were the spring is I have been fishing there at night many years ago and you do hear many sound but I have never heard people or even saw anything not saying that on the right night you could . The old Mason bridge is a good place to you are supost to see a shadow of a womans face across the water but again I never saw it . But I do know the old tombstone that is said to be a soldiers on a dirt rd. is pretty crazy the thing is it's not a soldiers grave it was someone that died along time ago and the riverswere up so they hurried them there . Anyway I have had some friends go there and upon leaving in there vehicle something tragic hapins . That would be a place that I would not go again . I have been to all these places I never went into the house on Patty Creak but have drove by it real late at night and it looks pretty spookie .
i know what grave your talking about and it was a soldiers grave... there are others out there but the headstones have been covered by plants and such. we went two nights ago and i have pictures with orbs in them... my boyfriend was also grabbed on the shoulder as he was walking away and my best friend on the back of the neck... they both said they felt has though they were being followed... we didnt have anything bad happen to us... the legend is that if you leave anything on the grave or take anything from it then you will die or something back will happen but a friend of mine went a while back and placed flowers up there and nothing has happened to her and that was about amonth or more ago... the slave house you speak i alread mention in a previous comment... the hamilton thing not true lol the grave is not haunted... boiling springs being haunted also not true i camp there every summer and never heard anything... go to that grave sometime tho and snap a couple pictures lol i bet that will change your mind on it being so horrible lol its just a bunch of civil war heros burried down there not murders or something crazy like that lol
Hah

Ozark, MO

#32 Mar 26, 2012
Kelci Cooper wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NO NO... sorry but that is a complete lie... lol had family that lived there a long time ago the only thing thats haunted about it is that the house used to be a slave house and during the civil war was used as a hospital.. sorry but your facts or incorrect however the place is haunted... i will promise you that but NEVER try to cross the fence between you and the house because you WILL get met with a gun to your face... lol drive by it sometime and snap some pictures of the place.. let me know what you find ;)
Went on a backpacking trip down to Paddy Creek Campground yesterday. My cousin picked me up and drove me home, and we went down Slabtown road. There's an old house there with, I think, four chimneys, that she said had a similar history to what you are talking about. Is that the one?

It's amazing the history behind some of the old houses around here. Go out into Paddy Creek Wilderness sometime and check out some of the old homesteads there. There's lots of stories to be had if you know where to look. Of course, you either need a horse or a backpack :) Just remember to take a camera and a GPS.
brent

United States

#34 Aug 27, 2012
cherokeeindian51 wrote:
My husband says that he didnt know about JODY HAMILTON'S grave, but he has heard that the area where the murders happened (down by boiling springs) is suppose to be haunted, He said certain times of the night you are suppose to hear the squeeking of wagon wheels rolling down the road,(Jody killed the husband and wife first then smashed the baby's head up against the wagon wheel.)
My husband was born and raised here over 60 years ago and he's heard that story from child hood. Jody was the last hanging in Texas County and my husbands father witnessed it when he was a young man.
..Boiling springs is not haunted in any way.thats all a lie.i was born and raised here my whole life.so "no" not haunted.
BolingSpringsNat ive

Belton, MO

#35 Aug 27, 2012
brent wrote:
<quoted text>..Boiling springs is not haunted in any way.thats all a lie.i was born and raised here my whole life.so "no" not haunted.
I live down by the river (boling) an i seen thing down there if you lived close to down there you would know how scary it is after dark.
mary

Bonnots Mill, MO

#36 Sep 13, 2012
i live on texas tower road and am pretty familiar with it as it's only 3 miles long. what part of it is supposed to be haunted? a few years ago "ghosts" with baseball bats used to attack our mailboxes two or three times every summer.
still intrested

Hollister, MO

#37 Dec 16, 2013
im still intrested in haunted stuff around licking. and where is texas tower road?
xoxox

Houston, MO

#38 Dec 16, 2013
still intrested wrote:
im still intrested in haunted stuff around licking. and where is texas tower road?
What kinda haunted stuff?
CornHolio

Houston, MO

#39 Dec 19, 2013
Wanna know of some haunted places in Licking??
I know of a few breeders that if they spread their legs, all kinds of spooks come a flying out!!
And you might find a few lost rings up inside that cave.
still intrested

Ozark, MO

#40 Dec 20, 2013
xoxox wrote:
<quoted text>
What kinda haunted stuff?
haunted house - haunted road - haunted land - any thing haunted around licking
Bea

Saint Louis, MO

#41 Jun 16, 2015
texas tower wrote:
texas tower road but be careful its very scary there. Take caution when approaching
Soooo NOT haunted... I've driven that road @ night several times n never seen anything....BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Licking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have you had a threesom? Jan 20 what 5
licking loser list Jan 20 Eye Fart 23
Where did Irene go ? Jan 15 General Fartonu Ston 15
Ryan Blazier Dec 27 Pillow fart 17
Jake danzo Dec 26 Moms Mabley 5
Does anyone know what really happened to Tonya ... Dec 24 Farting Shrimps 4
lesbians kissing in teachers lounge in 1977 Dec '17 Coach Farts 4

Licking Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance