Haunted places in Licking

Posted in the Licking Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Giller1

Mountain Grove, MO

#1 Oct 19, 2009
I was wondering if there are any real haunted places in or around licking?
Gray Wolf

United States

#2 Oct 19, 2009
I'm wondering the same thing. It'd be fun to explore some real haunted places with Halloween approaching. I know of places in Rolla and Salem but I don't know of any in Texas County.
Giller1

Mountain Grove, MO

#3 Oct 19, 2009
I have heard that hamiltons grave is haunted (the guy that murdered the parson family in 1906). His grave is over by raymondville.
texas tower

Sullivan, MO

#4 Oct 19, 2009
texas tower road but be careful its very scary there. Take caution when approaching

Since: Aug 09

Wheatland, MO

#5 Oct 19, 2009
My husband says that he didnt know about JODY HAMILTON'S grave, but he has heard that the area where the murders happened (down by boiling springs) is suppose to be haunted, He said certain times of the night you are suppose to hear the squeeking of wagon wheels rolling down the road,(Jody killed the husband and wife first then smashed the baby's head up against the wagon wheel.)
My husband was born and raised here over 60 years ago and he's heard that story from child hood. Jody was the last hanging in Texas County and my husbands father witnessed it when he was a young man.
rhonda

United States

#6 Oct 19, 2009
texas tower wrote:
texas tower road but be careful its very scary there. Take caution when approaching
Where is this place at?It would be interesting to go there.
tell me

Hollister, MO

#7 Oct 19, 2009
yeah would love to there,where is boiling springs? any certian times?
Giller1

Mountain Grove, MO

#8 Oct 20, 2009
cherokeeindian51 wrote:
My husband says that he didnt know about JODY HAMILTON'S grave, but he has heard that the area where the murders happened (down by boiling springs) is suppose to be haunted, He said certain times of the night you are suppose to hear the squeeking of wagon wheels rolling down the road,(Jody killed the husband and wife first then smashed the baby's head up against the wagon wheel.)
My husband was born and raised here over 60 years ago and he's heard that story from child hood. Jody was the last hanging in Texas County and my husbands father witnessed it when he was a young man.
There were 3 kids that he murdered, anyway his grave wasnt scary at all. I will check out boiling springs. Anywhere else??
Oohlala

Cameron, MO

#9 Oct 20, 2009
texas tower wrote:
Where is Texas Tower Road?
cool link

Sullivan, MO

#10 Oct 20, 2009
Giller1 wrote:
I have heard that hamiltons grave is haunted (the guy that murdered the parson family in 1906). His grave is over by raymondville.
Here is a really good link to a story about the Parson murders.

http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lo...
Giller1

Mountain Grove, MO

#11 Oct 20, 2009
Yeah I read that yesterday^. anyone been to or heard of goat man's grave?
cool link

Sullivan, MO

#12 Oct 20, 2009
Giller1 wrote:
Yeah I read that yesterday^. anyone been to or heard of goat man's grave?
No I haven't heard of that. Here is another link with a picture of the Parson family. hope it works.

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/kNB....
triple spin move

Lawson, MO

#13 Oct 20, 2009
boy scout camp down by duke....
agreed

Dunnellon, FL

#14 Oct 21, 2009
Texas Tower road is hardly what I'd considered haunted- it's no different from any other gravel road in these parts. Turn your headlights and interior lights off in your car while driving at night and *any* country road can become "haunted" (done while the car is in motion, this is illegal and NOT recommended). For the real McCoy, try your search elsewhere, like that one abandoned house out past Paddy Creek that was mentioned in another discussion here.
Amazing

Plattsburg, MO

#15 Oct 24, 2009
Wow you are so amazing I want to be like you when i grow up!
agreed wrote:
Texas Tower road is hardly what I'd considered haunted- it's no different from any other gravel road in these parts. Turn your headlights and interior lights off in your car while driving at night and *any* country road can become "haunted" (done while the car is in motion, this is illegal and NOT recommended). For the real McCoy, try your search elsewhere, like that one abandoned house out past Paddy Creek that was mentioned in another discussion here.
HoneyChild

United States

#16 Oct 24, 2009
Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your problem? You need to step outta peoples grill
hauntings

Houston, MO

#17 Apr 4, 2010
Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Im interested in scary places in licking mo
hauntings

Houston, MO

#18 Apr 4, 2010
I want to hear about the murders at boing springs back in the 1900's please Ilove stuff like this its better than gossip
haunting places

Cameron, MO

#19 Apr 5, 2010
never heard anything about boiling springs they died at dogs bluff and they do heard things some where past paddycreek is a old house they always said if you would get in house and steal anything you would drop it before getting out of yard a large dog would knock you down and put his paws on you till you dropped the item and next time you came back it would be back in house in same place I don't know area but I know short distance from Paddy creek and that some thieves was pretty tough but never stole nothing there they try like a game
mac

Cameron, MO

#20 Apr 12, 2010
i live on the property where jody hamilton is buried

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Licking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
daronda overby 4 hr Jamie 9
Alysha Faulterman (Oct '15) 8 hr betyouloved it 20
Freshman Boys Thu Unknown 2
Cassie boyle Thu Unknown 3
12841 cadle rd Jul 26 bbyddy 1
Joe sadly dies at 31 Jul 25 Really 3
tay Jul 25 daronda overby 1

Licking Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance