Samona

Lawson, MO

#61 Apr 12, 2012
Thank you Really! Very well said.
A Taxpayer

Granby, MO

#62 Apr 13, 2012
really wrote:
Oh, and "e for edible" and "Samona” Name calling is not necessary. This argument can be won quite easily without it. Plus it gave "taxpayer" an avenue to go off on, and tell how smart and rich they were. At least now we know this inmate can't use the excuse "if I had more money, I would have had a better lawyer, and got off". Surely someone that makes over $150,000 a year, and cared so much for this person, would have paid for him to have a good lawyer. Since you used worked at Capitol Hill as the highlight of your accomplishments, I can only assume that is the highlight of you accomplishments. Working on Capitol Hill and only doing so for two years, usually means you didn't do a very good job, or the person you worked for did not stay in office very long. You were the one that brought your job and education in this conversation as "proof" you were not a "moron". I am not saying that you are, I am just saying there are a lot of people out there that have Ivy School educations that inter into conversations they know very little about. Sorry for that rant, I just don't like it when people think they are better than someone else simply because they make more money, or have more schooling. However you are right. Moron and retarded idiot should not have been thrown at you either. I do wonder one thing, did you believe inmates should be treated better before or after someone you loved went to prison?
First off I do not believe child molesters can be considered worthy of pity or concern for well being. secondly I am no better than you nor anyone else in this world. I do not walk on water. However I obey the law . I have a concern for the way prisoners are rehabilitated It clearly is not working. One must ask themselves why. I would think the term rehabilitate should mean teach how to live and be productive on the outside. some guards not all strut the authority they are given and you know I am right. This is no way to teach a violent offender how to show compassion but to get out and demonstrate the treatment they endure on the inside. I am not saying give them a spa or a vacation they do need to pay for the crimes committed . That is Incarceration any mistreatment above this That is not warranted is Abuse Period and that sir is just how they will come back into population. I have spoke with the attorney general (Kris Koster) and sir he is aware of a certain issue at SCCC. His office is currently awaiting to see if Misconduct is committed before they can take any action. I realize the Risks the guards take working there and understand precautions need to be in place. Perhaps some elevated training may help along with screening . Now for the reason I only worked 2 years on capitol Hill My assignment was successfully accomplished and now I am working on other interests. I am not a person that sympathizes for killers or child molesters The person I speak of has issues of acting before thinking. But on Record has great respect for elderly people and not ones that got off for killing a teenage girl. Perhaps if that person did not have Dee Wampler to get him off then perhaps the person I speak of would not be incarcerated. In a nutshell some decent people do wrong things for the right reason.
Samona

Lawson, MO

#63 Apr 14, 2012
A Taxpayer:"I have a concern for the way prisoners are rehabilitated It clearly is not working". "I would think the term rehabilitate should mean teach how to live and be productive on the outside". Do you have any idea of what programs and classes are offered at SCCC? Everything from ICVC, AA, NA, Inside/Out Dads, every religious program, GED to College courses. But I challenge you to go into SCCC and try to get one, just one, offender to pull his pants up over his ass and walk from point A to point B without letting his pants sag. You couldn't do it. But yet here you are talking about how worthless we are at rehabilitating them. We are not miracle workers. We are everyday people with issues of our own, a family to provide for and bills to pay. Just curious, are you a VIC?
really

Doha, Qatar

#64 Apr 14, 2012
I appreciate your reply, and understand how someone could go to prison for doing the right thing, and that thing being illegal. I would be willing to go to jail if any one harmed my boys in an way. You do realize there are about 144 inmates for every one guard in most prisons. They cannot be everywhere and see everything at all times. They try to be proactive and prevent fights and stabbings. However, due to the nature of their environment they are mostly reactive, and respond to fights after they have started, and damage is done. The only way to prevent it would be to lock everyone up in their own cell all the time. Like I tell my subordinates when they come to me with a issue at work. Don't just come to me with a problem, come to me with a possible solution to that problem, and I will take it under consideration. So, tell me "taxpayer", what would you suggest is an affordable method to rehabilitate inmates?
A Taxpayer

Granby, MO

#65 Apr 16, 2012
I Believe this should be worked over by the courts. as far as Rehab Methods are concerned I also Think more tax money could go into hiring more Co's to alleviate the overload. Putting killers with offenders in for something I had mentioned is not a good mix Thus more funding needs to be in place for segregation. As far as motivating a offender to attend classes. Perhaps if this was known to be a plus at Parole hearings it could become a factor in attendance. Main point is More funding to overcome the deficit in Rehabilitating most offenders could help. My prayers go to your fallen soldier from Licking. I am wearing a band in his honor.
DOC

United States

#66 Apr 28, 2012
Divorced Officers Club
beside myself

Cameron, MO

#67 Apr 30, 2012
DOC wrote:
Divorced Officers Club
that's freak'n funny!
Littleone

Cameron, MO

#68 Jun 23, 2012
A Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> First off I do not believe child molesters can be considered worthy of pity or concern for well being. secondly I am no better than you nor anyone else in this world. I do not walk on water. However I obey the law . I have a concern for the way prisoners are rehabilitated It clearly is not working. One must ask themselves why. I would think the term rehabilitate should mean teach how to live and be productive on the outside. some guards not all strut the authority they are given and you know I am right. This is no way to teach a violent offender how to show compassion but to get out and demonstrate the treatment they endure on the inside. I am not saying give them a spa or a vacation they do need to pay for the crimes committed . That is Incarceration any mistreatment above this That is not warranted is Abuse Period and that sir is just how they will come back into population. I have spoke with the attorney general (Kris Koster) and sir he is aware of a certain issue at SCCC. His office is currently awaiting to see if Misconduct is committed before they can take any action. I realize the Risks the guards take working there and understand precautions need to be in place. Perhaps some elevated training may help along with screening . Now for the reason I only worked 2 years on capitol Hill My assignment was successfully accomplished and now I am working on other interests. I am not a person that sympathizes for killers or child molesters The person I speak of has issues of acting before thinking. But on Record has great respect for elderly people and not ones that got off for killing a teenage girl. Perhaps if that person did not have Dee Wampler to get him off then perhaps the person I speak of would not be incarcerated. In a nutshell some decent people do wrong things for the right reason.
OMG you have hit the nail on the head.Does the attorney general know that the higher up is beliving the offenders and pulling the co's out of there house for doing the job they were trained to do which is Safety and Security. They all have been told to let up on the offenders they have everything from ball courts to special houses no lock down hardley at all. People this a prison and these people did something real bad to get there and you all want to reward them with beliving them over your staff and putting your staff in danger by letting them have the contol of the prison. Something is so wrong out there someone needs to stand up and say look i was hired in to protect my fellow workers and do a job you trained me to do cause you are scared your going to hurt an offenders feelings and loose your job, but you all aren't thinking right because they believe them over you all that do work there so they could find away to get rid of you anyway if an offenders says you said or did something wrong you done it you know what i mean. The Warden being enbarrased i would be to running a prison like an baby sitting camp.
Samona

El Dorado Springs, MO

#69 Jun 24, 2012
The only thing our Major knows how to do is write a letter saying "this is to inform you that you have been pulled off your post and put on 90 day temp orders pending an investigation". Officers don't even have the right to know what they're being investigated for. Then at the end of 90 days you get another letter stating "you've been extended another 90 days". And you still don't know what's going on. Next thing you know, you've been off your post for 7-8 months and you still don't know a thing. Officers have no rights. No due process. Nothing...It's really sad. But that being said. It's still a decent job. I really do enjoy working there. There's just some things that don't make since to me.
Concerned mother

United States

#70 Jul 22, 2012
This is all bullshit my son is in your prison hes just doing his time he went in at a young age! He has been in the hole for protecting himself and saving his booty hole from a black man so the guy lost a few teeth while in the "hole" a CO on a power trip said my son was suicidal and they tormented my son then the CO rammed my sons face in his knee blacked his eye!! Not all offenders in there are violent there are many reasons one could be in the crooked cops -crooked co's i mean that is the prison that one of their CO was smuggling drugs in up his rectum and got caught poor guy commited suicide before his sentencing
lata

Steelville, MO

#71 Sep 2, 2012
I hope this place isn't really as bad as the rep is for personal reasons. :/
A Taxpayer

Neosho, MO

#72 Sep 8, 2012
Samona wrote:
A Tax Payer...I know what inmate you are supporting and you should be ashamed of yourself!!! You're a sick individual.....I cannot believe you are backing him after what he did!!! You're as guilty as he is!
Sorry it took me so long to reply to your stupid comment. You are what civilized people call an Idiot. And I believe this is why you work at a simple low paying job. And collect food stamps you can wear your uniform and strut around town and then go to your LOL 10.00 an hour job and act high and Mighty. There is an Investigation company Based out of KC and St Louis Taking a very close look at what is going on there so watch your mouth and your manners. Do your job with the understanding you are not God just a common idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Licking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for bored single ladys Sat Mr Feel Good 1
BCI Construction Dec 3 Aces wild 4
Heather corkell Nov 26 ReadyToGetSome 3
Bar Nov 21 Wondering 1
Brandon Giller Nov 20 Badassmothafucka94 3
Payton Odom Nov 19 lhsmo 1
Steroids Nov 17 Yeah 5

Licking Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance