Jury finds man innocent in Statutory ...

Jury finds man innocent in Statutory Rape Case

Posted in the Licking Forum

here and now

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Nov 22, 2010
A Texas County jury found a Cabool man not guilty Friday of statutory rape after a nearly two-day trial.

Danney L. Benefiel, 65, was charged with the offense in 2005 and had signed a statement admitting having sexual intercourse with his fiancée's 13-year-old mentally retarded daughter, said John Beger, his Rolla attorney.

The defendant's evidence included testimony that both the victim, and her little sister, who had testified she saw the victim in the Benefiel's bedroom at a time when his pants were unzipped, had recanted their stories. Beger said the defendant also testified he only signed the confession, which had been written by a Missouri Division of Family Support worker, because the agency threatened to take the children from their mother, his fiancée.

In a closing statement, Beger emphasized that neither DFS nor the Texas County Sheriff's Department had videotaped or audiotaped the signed statement or a previous interrogation that occurred five days before - where he had denied any wrongdoing.

"We argued that on a case of this magnitude, where the defendant faces life in prison, the authorities should videotape, or at least audiotape, any interrogation," Beger said. "We thought it was suspicious he would talk to the authorities one day and deny everything, then a few days later sign a statement of admission."

Beger said state witnesses could not explain what they had said to Benefiel to get him to admit.

"We are happy the defendant has been found not guilty but it will not erase the years of turmoil he and his fiancée, now wife, have been through nor put this family back together," Beger said.
here and now

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Nov 22, 2010
I want to know who is going to pay this man's legal bills from the last five years? Who is going to give him his life back? What about the damage done to the child?

Texas County law enforcement has been notorious for years for threatening to take people's kids away if the don't confess to some sex crime. There are normally people who can't afford a lawyer.

Good for the Jury! I take it they were Texas County ciitzens. Think maybe they knew a little about the sexual pervesion of the man trying to convince them to put this man away for life? Wait until his trial comes around soon.

Texas County, I say it is time to drive all the perverts that have filled the PO Office, the Sherrifs Dept and the local Highway Patrol for years, out in the open. Remember the party with the strippers. How about Mr. Dunn dropping her pants at the Licking Fire Department party.
here and now

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Nov 22, 2010
finally, someone stood up to Anderson and said take me to court, no plea bargain. Too bad it probably cost the man's family their life's savings. I bet Anderson was impressive in court. He is such a great publicly speaker, thus his nick name around the courthouse: Mumbles. Can't wait to see him on the witness stand himself.
here and now

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Nov 22, 2010
and one last FACT, our own PO was himself arrested twice for contributing to the delequincy of two 15 year old girls. Seems the girls had been at a two day pot party at Mike's house and one of the fathers took police over to the house and the police arrested Mike.

Mike, did you share this FACT when you applied to the MO Bar Assoicaition?
Unknown

Buffalo, MO

#5 Dec 1, 2010
Whew lots of people named here and now on here or are you having a private conversation/arguement with yourself? Or maybe your playing with yourself?

" How about Mr. Dunn dropping her pants" Did MR Dunn drop his pants or did Mrs Dunn drop her panties?

"our own PO" PO for ....... or PA? Just wanting to be sure I'm thinking of the right person.

"Who is going to give him his life back? What about the damage done to the child?"

Are you sure he deserves to get his life back? I don't think it would be unusual for a sexually abused child to recant even if their original statement were true. Are you really interested in the damage to the child? You seem more interested in blasting the PA, highway patrol, and local law enforcement.

Blue Boy

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Dec 1, 2010
I think the point is that since anderson has been in that office, jsutice has never been even a mitagating circumstances in any case he has handled. It is who you are and what can you do for me. Yeah, there was a sex ring down there and a whole lot of "favors" were being done, and Mike was right in the middle of it all. I hope that comes out at the trial. When Mike first got in, he was a one man self promoter. Remember his self rightous weekely newspaper columns he wrote? After making a fool of himself several times, he has backed off and seems like he avoids the press. That doesn't include his buddy at the Houston Bird Cage Liner who has convered for Anderson every step of the way.

Even before Anderson, law enforcement in this county has been nothing for years but a bunch of perverts controlled by the drug dealers. Ask a lot of middle aged women that grew up in Licking about when they were in High School and a certain HP. Not much has changed, other than Anderson has taken it to a new all time low.

I think most in this county would like to see something done. My hope is a recall or an impeachment after the trial is held.

A judge ordering a victim to give up evidence to the defendent in a civil trial? Leaving phone tapes of "i love you" on your secretary's phone and then FIRING HER FOR RUNNING A SEX RING?

Boy oh Boy. I hope Anderson has a lawyer a lot smarter than himself. Only in Texas County.
Not NOw

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Dec 2, 2010
Unknown wrote:
Whew lots of people named here and now on here or are you having a private conversation/arguement with yourself? Or maybe your playing with yourself?
" How about Mr. Dunn dropping her pants" Did MR Dunn drop his pants or did Mrs Dunn drop her panties?
"our own PO" PO for ....... or PA? Just wanting to be sure I'm thinking of the right person.
"Who is going to give him his life back? What about the damage done to the child?"
Are you sure he deserves to get his life back? I don't think it would be unusual for a sexually abused child to recant even if their original statement were true. Are you really interested in the damage to the child? You seem more interested in blasting the PA, highway patrol, and local law enforcement.
the thought of Dunn dropping pants is enough to ruin my dinner. Is it a he or a she? I hope i am never close enough to tell!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Licking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Blazier Thu Nap Farts 13
licking loser list Nov 11 Some Farts 5
Tanner French (Aug '10) Nov 5 Hey I Farted 8
Where did Irene go ? Nov 5 Hey I Farted 8
Most Hated Girl In Licking? (May '13) Oct 30 Heats Farts 22
how many people hate black people (Jan '16) Oct 28 Fart Change 30
Amy stokes Oct 25 Much Farts 4

Licking Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance