Old Quick Check Store?
Skeptical

Pikeville, KY

#1 Dec 1, 2009
Who is putting in the new store where the old Quick Check grocery store use to be?
wonder

Gwynneville, IN

#2 Dec 4, 2009
I have been wondering that myself. They have been working on it for some time, but the only thing I have seen is new pop machines.
Skeptical

Pikeville, KY

#3 Dec 4, 2009
I think its Gilbert Blackburn and his wife Susan. You know Lydia's grocery her daughter.
open

Pikeville, KY

#4 Dec 28, 2009
Is the store open now
would like a job

Crawfordsville, IN

#5 Jan 3, 2010
When can i contact someone about a job? I have been by there several times, but haven't seen anyone.
not

Pikeville, KY

#6 Jan 4, 2010
Don't think it's open yet
yes

Zoe, KY

#7 Jan 4, 2010
Yeah they are open, you just gotta go there in the morning
interested

Winchester, KY

#8 Jan 7, 2010
I drove by there last night and the sign says Blackburn Family Foods and there was cars in the parking lot but it looked like it was justin one end of the old store building--check it out and let us know thanks
yes

Zoe, KY

#9 Jan 7, 2010
The deli is open in the end
Cougar

Pikeville, KY

#10 Jan 8, 2010
They have ur everyday stuff bread,milk,chips,they are cooking hamburgers and such at the deli and selling cappichinos,good little store try it out.
lol

Pikeville, KY

#11 Jan 15, 2010
They have great cappichinos
Tried It

Crawfordsville, IN

#12 Jan 18, 2010
I have tried some of their lunch food, and it is really good. I haven't tried the breakfast yet, but I am gonna bet that it is just as good as the burgers. If anyone hasn't tried it, your missing out on some really good food. Give it a try and you'll be coming back.
blah-blah

Salyersville, KY

#13 Jan 26, 2010
It is great that they are trying to reopen a store there. I hope that everyone helps them by shopping as much as possible. I really miss the old Quick Check and I think it would be great if people around here helped him to survive. It is hard to make a business go around this area. Good luck Gilbert and Susan.
Tried It

Deputy, IN

#14 Jan 27, 2010
I agree.
I would love to see them make it. I think the people around here will go there. They are nice people and the food is really,really good and the deli is very clean.
If they know what to look for and stay on top of it, they will make it in this area.
country boy

Grundy, VA

#15 Feb 16, 2010
there deli is the cleanest ive evr seen they r really nice people there food is great they have great pizza and burgers it is the best place ive evr eatin evry time im down that way i stop and get somthin to eat lol
fat mama

Spartanburg, SC

#16 Mar 16, 2010
yeah they are open and their food is wonderful. i hear they are gonna open up a full store....anyone know about that.
nosie person

Martin, KY

#18 Mar 5, 2011
well just heard gilbert got cot in his lies. seems his wife did not know he was going to the park well i guess hell get whats been coming to him. you know everone in the creek no about it how did she not no.She nos he lies all the time well hopefuly they will keep the deil open sure love there hotdogs and chilli cheese fries.does anyone no anything going on with this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lick Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PES lock down because of shooting threat seems ... 4 hr Citizen 1
Chad Alan Maynard 9 hr mystery_turds 1
Hey Harvey 10 hr Another Sell Out 1
Beaver Bottom Music Thread Tue Musikologist 2
Elkhorn City Mon stand up 4
Hackney Creek Cemetery Mar 20 Jim Browning 4
Old Grapevine Elementary School (Feb '10) Mar 20 Still Concerned 24

Lick Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance