lost

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Ok so here goes. My entire life I have tried to believe in god. I have prayed, gone to church, and put everything I know to do into it whole heartedly. And still my life got worse. Still nothing went right. Still I couldn't feel anything inside me or any presence in my life. I wanted so badly to feel what others felt. I wanted so badly just for someone to help guide me in life. And each time I knocked its like god wouldn't answer. I didn't ask for specific petty requests. I just asked as a sinner for him to come into my heart and help guide me. But still nothing. Honestly I don't want to debate religion with the atheists I see on this board. I respect their right not to believe and even somewhat understand it. But I am interested in hearing from church people as to why my life isn't worth helping. I don't know what to believe anymore. I am lost.
Mountain Man

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

By no means am I saying that prayer cannot help you; but I also think you need a little more. It sounds like you're also suffering from chronic depression and I urge you to speak to your doctor about this asap and perhaps begin seeing a therapist. Your County Mental Health Department may be able to help if cost is a factor. Best wishes and good luck to you. I know this is not pleasant for you.
lost

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Thanks for the reply Mountain Man
just a thought

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

I among many other people should really tell you what really goes through our minds when we sit in church and celebrate our lives and give thanks.I have my doubts on occasions and those occasions are everyday.It is just like anything else in your life from day to day.Your mind changes as circumstances change and your mood changes,but there is always the 1 constant that will keep you on an even basis that no one has ever been able to produce a suitable answer for the question.No religions,sciences or otherwise.This vast universe and our world all came from somewhere?It did not just pop up and appear because of the big bang theory?There are more present and higher powers involved,but whether its holy or alien?I really don t know,but I do know that it is something to think about and heaven is a place to look forward too.But most of all I know that the bible and religion influences good behavior and the very best that good people have to offer this world?So we can believe what we hope and think?We can trust that there is a God and he knows it is very hard for us to believe or we can just simply think that we all just formed out of thin air with no real answer to ever come for our species being in the universe.There are alot of theories floating around this world and everyone thinks they are right and I truly think they believe they are right.Me?I m not positive about anything?All I know is that I would rather believe that something or someone loved me enough to give me life and all these pleasures that I feel from day to day.It is really up to you as a person to feel how you feel.Everybody is entitled to believe as they wish as long as they do not force there opinion on anyone else.You must decide for yourself and hope for the best,that is called faith!Faith in whatever you choose to believe and you express that by showing up to gain knowledge in your belief.Don t let other people and there petty fighting or speeches tell you that you are wrong which ever way you decide to go.It is your life and your decision,but I do know that my belief tells me not to argue about his being or force him on anyone.He said to be a shining example that anyone would want to be like through him.Good luck and God bless!!
lost

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

just a thought wrote:
I among many other people should really tell you what really goes through our minds when we sit in church and celebrate our lives and give thanks.I have my doubts on occasions and those occasions are everyday.It is just like anything else in your life from day to day.Your mind changes as circumstances change and your mood changes,but there is always the 1 constant that will keep you on an even basis that no one has ever been able to produce a suitable answer for the question.No religions,sciences or otherwise.This vast universe and our world all came from somewhere?It did not just pop up and appear because of the big bang theory?There are more present and higher powers involved,but whether its holy or alien?I really don t know,but I do know that it is something to think about and heaven is a place to look forward too.But most of all I know that the bible and religion influences good behavior and the very best that good people have to offer this world?So we can believe what we hope and think?We can trust that there is a God and he knows it is very hard for us to believe or we can just simply think that we all just formed out of thin air with no real answer to ever come for our species being in the universe.There are alot of theories floating around this world and everyone thinks they are right and I truly think they believe they are right.Me?I m not positive about anything?All I know is that I would rather believe that something or someone loved me enough to give me life and all these pleasures that I feel from day to day.It is really up to you as a person to feel how you feel.Everybody is entitled to believe as they wish as long as they do not force there opinion on anyone else.You must decide for yourself and hope for the best,that is called faith!Faith in whatever you choose to believe and you express that by showing up to gain knowledge in your belief.Don t let other people and there petty fighting or speeches tell you that you are wrong which ever way you decide to go.It is your life and your decision,but I do know that my belief tells me not to argue about his being or force him on anyone.He said to be a shining example that anyone would want to be like through him.Good luck and God bless!!
thank you nice reply :). Gives me a lot to think about.
Gods Child

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

God will be to you whatever you will allow Him t obe. I hope this will help, His word tells us " I stand at the door and knock, if you will allow him in He will come into your heart and dwell there. He is not a forceful God, He is a Gentleman.He will not go where He is not welcome.We all fall short daily, thats why we pray. He is a loving and a very forgiving God. He Loved us enough to send His only son to pay a sin debt for everyone. Alot of people don't except the gift of salvation.Just think, if you bought and paid for a gift for your child and you wrapped it and laid it on the table and told your child this is your gift all you have to do is open it and enjoy it but they leave it on the table and don't even bother to open it to see what it is, then how would your child ever enjoy the gift.Thats how it is with Gods Love, it's there for the taking all you have to do is recieve it. I am a Christian because God first Loved Me.He instilled Love in my heart when He came to live there.I choose to rejoice and be glad in Christ. God gave you life and allowed to to choose what you were gonna do with it. You will not always feel like you are saved, but God will remind you. I can honestly say that serving God is the greatest thing in my life. Even if there wasn't a Heaven to gain and a hell to shune, I can say that I have had an awesome life serving God.I will Pray that God will show himself strong in your life, I know that I couldn't make it without him. Just pray right there where you are right now and ask Him to be Your Lord and Savior, Admit that you are a sinner and ask his forgiveness invite him into your heart and make him your Lord and Savior, for with the heart a man beliveth and with the mouth confession is made.and just begin to thank him, and Praise Him.He is such an awesome God. he loves you and when you invite Him into your heart he will NEVER leave you, You may walk away from Him, but he will never leave you. You are in my prayers, and you should know that God does not want no one to perish, but all to repent. God Bless and keep you is my prayer.
tuesdays rule

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Judged:

lost wrote:
Ok so here goes. My entire life I have tried to believe in god. I have prayed, gone to church, and put everything I know to do into it whole heartedly. And still my life got worse. Still nothing went right. Still I couldn't feel anything inside me or any presence in my life. I wanted so badly to feel what others felt. I wanted so badly just for someone to help guide me in life. And each time I knocked its like god wouldn't answer. I didn't ask for specific petty requests. I just asked as a sinner for him to come into my heart and help guide me. But still nothing. Honestly I don't want to debate religion with the atheists I see on this board. I respect their right not to believe and even somewhat understand it. But I am interested in hearing from church people as to why my life isn't worth helping. I don't know what to believe anymore. I am lost.
i think prayer and religion are alot like diets, setting us up for failure and feelings of inadequacies.
if you see someone who has lost alot of weight and they say, all they did was give up pop, you give up pop and dont lose weight, you feel like a failure, same thing with religion.....we are told, to pray and god will answer, and when we dont get the answer we hoped for or we dont get it fast enough, we once again, feel like a failure.
dont listen to what you hear others say.
dont listen to the preacher who says you have to do this or that.
just listen to your own heart, and it might not even be prayer that you need...i am not a religious person, i do believe in the holy spirit, but i think its within us and we have to find it ourselves.
i sometimes just like to go and be alone with nature, listen to the wind in the trees and the birds, nature brings out my holy spirit.
life sometimes is pitiful.
especially right now, the economy and job losses are making this country suffer, and we are all feeling like life hold nothing for us.
out there, or i should say, in there,(within you) are answers waiting to be listened to.
and dont feel like a failure if you dont find them right away. just keep in mind, that alot of people at one time thought jesus himself wasnt worth their time, they called him a fraud and a fake.
holla

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

lost: You sound like me not so long ago. I don't know what you mean by your life "not getting better" as you were not specific. My guess is you want people to love. Or people to love you? They do. You just can't imagine how much it would effect others if you weren't there in your place.

The thing about life is that by its very living we must take things for granted. And that "sameness" leads us to think "nothing is changing". Disagree.

When something horrible and horrendous happens you look back at this time when you were sitting peacefully in a church and had just normal stress and strain and needs and unfulfilled desires and you go ... OH MY GOD.... was I ever taking things for granted. But that's ok. You have to.

Next time you see another person who hange out in the same places as you, ask them if they'd like to meet for a movie. Or a walk. Something where not much has to be exchanged and nothing has to be read into it.

Sometimes people think you're so well acclimated you prefer to be left alone. That's all.

Did I read too much into that?

I know I took a lot for granted, had to forgive myself for that and keep putting one foot in front of the other. But the person up there who told you to go for mental help .... I actually did that. Not for mental help but just to ask my doctor if there was a physical reason I was ... low. He did not find one but said the same thing... I was not LOW LOW just .... not happy. But as soon as my doctor told me I was physically in top form I also seemed to get happier. Go outside a lot. Some people have a MUCH higher need to be among nature than others.

Nice of you to talk to us. I really enoyed reading the replies.
Take it easy.
lost

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

holla wrote:
lost: You sound like me not so long ago. I don't know what you mean by your life "not getting better" as you were not specific. My guess is you want people to love. Or people to love you? They do. You just can't imagine how much it would effect others if you weren't there in your place.

The thing about life is that by its very living we must take things for granted. And that "sameness" leads us to think "nothing is changing". Disagree.

When something horrible and horrendous happens you look back at this time when you were sitting peacefully in a church and had just normal stress and strain and needs and unfulfilled desires and you go ... OH MY GOD.... was I ever taking things for granted. But that's ok. You have to.

Next time you see another person who hange out in the same places as you, ask them if they'd like to meet for a movie. Or a walk. Something where not much has to be exchanged and nothing has to be read into it.

Sometimes people think you're so well acclimated you prefer to be left alone. That's all.

Did I read too much into that?

I know I took a lot for granted, had to forgive myself for that and keep putting one foot in front of the other. But the person up there who told you to go for mental help .... I actually did that. Not for mental help but just to ask my doctor if there was a physical reason I was ... low. He did not find one but said the same thing... I was not LOW LOW just .... not happy. But as soon as my doctor told me I was physically in top form I also seemed to get happier. Go outside a lot. Some people have a MUCH higher need to be among nature than others.

Nice of you to talk to us. I really enoyed reading the replies.
Take it easy.
Well I've been to my doc, extremely low levels of things and taking antidepressants. I have a good job, a wife that's good to me, children. Just can't shake the feeling. Like a dark feeling. And have a lot of health issues and just want to function normally. To not feel sick, and want to sleep all the time, to throw a ball with my kids. I don't expect riches, or big changes. I just want to feel better or know why I don't. I'm wayyyyy too young to feel this bad. I thank each and everyone of you for the well wishes and words of wisdom and have read them all multiple times. Thank you for taking time out of your life to help mine. Have a good evening.

“KNOW JESUS and KNOW PEACE”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Gods Child wrote:
God will be to you whatever you will allow Him t obe. I hope this will help, His word tells us " I stand at the door and knock, if you will allow him in He will come into your heart and dwell there. He is not a forceful God, He is a Gentleman.He will not go where He is not welcome.We all fall short daily, thats why we pray. He is a loving and a very forgiving God. He Loved us enough to send His only son to pay a sin debt for everyone. Alot of people don't except the gift of salvation.Just think, if you bought and paid for a gift for your child and you wrapped it and laid it on the table and told your child this is your gift all you have to do is open it and enjoy it but they leave it on the table and don't even bother to open it to see what it is, then how would your child ever enjoy the gift.Thats how it is with Gods Love, it's there for the taking all you have to do is recieve it. I am a Christian because God first Loved Me.He instilled Love in my heart when He came to live there.I choose to rejoice and be glad in Christ. God gave you life and allowed to to choose what you were gonna do with it. You will not always feel like you are saved, but God will remind you. I can honestly say that serving God is the greatest thing in my life. Even if there wasn't a Heaven to gain and a hell to shune, I can say that I have had an awesome life serving God.I will Pray that God will show himself strong in your life, I know that I couldn't make it without him. Just pray right there where you are right now and ask Him to be Your Lord and Savior, Admit that you are a sinner and ask his forgiveness invite him into your heart and make him your Lord and Savior, for with the heart a man beliveth and with the mouth confession is made.and just begin to thank him, and Praise Him.He is such an awesome God. he loves you and when you invite Him into your heart he will NEVER leave you, You may walk away from Him, but he will never leave you. You are in my prayers, and you should know that God does not want no one to perish, but all to repent. God Bless and keep you is my prayer.
Very Helpful Post! Thanks for Sharing!
tampa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Frankly lost soul, if I were you I'd be angry. You need your health as a young man and husband, father and worker. But what do you do FOR YOU?

Also, I am fidgety whenever I am sick unless I am sleeping as you feel like doing but one can't get over the waste of time being sick is., It's your time. And time is the most valuable thing.
No one in my family can really be sick; we're really bad at it. But one of us almost died from salmonella poisoning and was in the hospital almost a year, it took her a LONG TIME to recover, life passed her by. She was a bunch older than me but I remember not really knowing her because I couldn't go to the hospital in her ward.

Do you ever think of alternate things? I know you might think I'm crazy but heck, you're not the first. Try the "woman" things. Saltines, mashed potatos, seltzer waters, ask your wife for more. Drink a soda to settle your tummy.

BUT the alternate thing I really wonder if others ever consider and which I am actually planning on doing when I come to KY next is a soul retrieval.

I know that after a very shocking death in my family I have changed a lot, I just happened to be meandering around (OK it's a course I took in folklore and such) online and this woman was talking about how sometimes our soul gets lost ..... I just think it's possible. I want mine back if it's gone, it was a good soul which served me well.
I know you'll think I'm trying to be cute but I promise I'm not. When something is wrong with us WE are the best authority on us. And pinpoint where it hurts. Sometimes rubbing it your own self is letting your body know you love it.

Here is one link I found. Don't feel like you "have" to answer me. http://www.sandraingerman.com/soulretrieval.h...
I realize re-reading it that some might think it's flat out nuts. But it's not like I'm going to go to some fake psychic and pay thousands to get nothing (unless the psychic is genuine). I'm going to find a Native American Indian who I believe to be genuine and we're going to do this.

Last time I trusted a Native (of Canada) with a matter this important I was more or less stunned by the results.(I just thought of that now, it's been some years.) It is the same matter which effects me, just a different aspect.

Sometimes we are so stupid. We are beating our heads for answers and they are right there in front of us.

Remember when we were kids and we played NO MATTER WHAT??? Where did THOSE people go? Sometimes I fight to get that child back for a day or two. You have to. People want to keep you on the hamster wheel forever but some of us just can't do it 24/7/365 and need a break.

Imagine if Vincent van Gogh's brother had chastised Vincent instead of encouraging him and buying him paints?

Again, don't feel like you have to answer me... honest. It will come to you in time.

One thing I always do to test my life is this:

"If I'm on my death bed will I wish I had done this?"

Will this matter?
tampa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

Dear Atheist,
I'm so glad you are in a good place !! The thing is kids are still going through bad stuff and need their parents when they're still young adults. Most parents think they're done and the kid needs them more than ever, won't ask and sometimes hates them.

I deplore all religions and advocate for all to practice their choice or not. We're free (allegedly). But religion is NOT faith. Religion is those cranks who cause a lot of trouble and sometimes are actually really good people. People with faith in God are NOT usually on the religion list.

That's where we find confusion. The faux Christians did that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lick Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min trey 942
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min DITCH MITCH 150,956
no tattoo for you 38 min only god can judge 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 38 min Trufts 1,047
Mayor Mike 1 hr and in this corner 31
overnight lodging? 1 hr paris hilton not 5
the music thread (Jan '12) 2 hr texas pete 230

Search the Lick Creek Forum:
•••
•••
Lick Creek Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••