Ex-Bowling Brook counselors arrested

Ex-Bowling Brook counselors arrested

There are 28 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Apr 24, 2007, titled Ex-Bowling Brook counselors arrested. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

“This is a tragedy across the board”

Five of the six former counselors at Bowling Brook Preparatory School who were indicted last week on charges related to the death of an East Baltimore teenager on Jan. 23 were processed at Carroll County Central Booking and released on their own recognizance today, officials said.

Each has been charged with a single count of reckless endangerment in connection with the death of Isaiah Simmons, 17, at the school for juvenile offenders. The charge is a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of five years imprisonment and a $5,000 fine. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
resighned staff

Canada

#22 Aug 18, 2010
Obviously some of us are right the school is closed lol
resighned staff

Canada

#23 Aug 18, 2010
What a shame all because of wrong people in charge
worked there

Brooklyn, NY

#25 Oct 14, 2011
I also resigned from bbp during 2002 because of poor attitudes of fellow staff. I witnessef ms restain a kid at abraxas,(2000) I worked with him there. He gave a coworker a high five in front of the kids and said, nice takedown!" I confronted him and said, "that was wierd and not appropriate!" He told me I was, "thinking like a criminal!" He told Mr once that he, "got ansy if he didn't get to take a kid down," to which I replied, "that's wierd man!" I even invited him to the mma classes I taught to help him get out his frustrations so he wouldn't need to beat kids, of course he refused....wtf! I was not surprised to here this happened!
worked there

Brooklyn, NY

#26 Oct 14, 2011
worked there wrote:
I also resigned from bbp during 2002 because of poor attitudes of fellow staff. I witnessef ms restain a kid at abraxas,(2000) I worked with him there. He gave a coworker a high five in front of the kids and said, nice takedown!" I confronted him and said, "that was wierd and not appropriate!" He told me I was, "thinking like a criminal!" He told Mr once that he, "got ansy if he didn't get to take a kid down," to which I replied, "that's wierd man!" I even invited him to the mma classes I taught to help him get out his frustrations so he wouldn't need to beat kids, of course he refused....wtf! I was not surprised to here this happened!
Sorry about spelling mistakes hard to write on this phone!
worked there

United States

#27 Oct 14, 2011
I guess I wasn't the criminal, lol! I still work in the field, none of them do! At least I hope they don't!
Ex student

Alexandria, VA

#28 Mar 19, 2013
There is money for the people who were there at the time?
jelani

United States

#29 Jan 11, 2014
Howard 2005-2007 wrote:
I can understand what you are saying it was messed up and to think they was going to come and grab me out the kitchen to monitor the restraint. I had status in a whole other way. i was the longest excutive thoroughbred there and i still say it was not worth all the drama yeah did good in school but it wasn't worth it. And Lou was a nut, James Trott you pretebding you hated BBP i sat down and talked to you. Almost everybody knew me. If i spit in your food or gave you a little scoop oh well. Well you already know who this is if you went there Philly ALL Day.
This parker everybody at bbp know me nd big Lou was my man, yeah he was aggressive but only if u was a Dick fakin like u was hard, every studentknew the staff was oc pickin on certain kids, I did endless task for a lot of petty shit, half the time u ain't do anything wrong.but if a "kid with status" said u did than u did. Mr Jason was soft Mr Jesse swoyer was a nut Mr shaddi soft Mr mark had anger issues they wasn't angels nd they took advantage of power I was there 23mths Fuck bbp. Mr mike Sunday was cool he jus wasn't around so staff showed they colors all the good staff was leaving cuz they knew shit wasn't right
Jelani P. I kno I was there foreva at top nd bottone!!
west baltimore

Baltimore, MD

#30 Jun 29, 2014
I attended the prep school for 9 months and although i acheved many academics accomplishments it came with a cost. At times it seemed like a boot camp aboused to the way mr mark presented it towards me for my first tour of the school. Ps and Qs all the time, they seemed to use old 'lynch crow' strategys to keep us in order. The object was to self police one another. you would earn brownie points with staff my comfronting the most negative bahavior. It was nothing id ever seen, students would attempt to escape, while staff would warn us about our racist surrounding. From our knowlege the locals wern't fond of us .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Libertytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bowling Brook Prep (Jan '06) Jun '15 Chi-town BB1984 695
Game room Mar '15 Gloria 1
Who do you support for County Commissioner in M... (Oct '10) Oct '10 MD AN sweet 2
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Maryland (Fre... (Oct '10) Oct '10 MD AN sweet 1
News Slain Woman's Husband Claims Police Misconduct (Jun '10) Jun '10 deeplysaddened 1
School History (Jun '10) Jun '10 Brantley Keeney 1
News Two charged in local bank robberies [video] (Jul '09) Jul '09 anm 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Libertytown Mortgages