Liberty Dayton Community Hospital to re-open

Sep 28, 2009 Full story: KHOU-TV Houston 9

The Liberty Dayton Community Hospital is re-opening after millions in mounting debt forced it to close its doors more than a week ago.

Full Story
Concerned Citizen

Pasadena, TX

#1 Oct 2, 2009
How are they going to re-open the hospital if they still owe back taxes? Did someone else take over the hospital? The name changed??
The Central Scrutinizer

United States

#2 Oct 2, 2009
No, it is not re-opening at all. Tax auction of all tangible assets is still going on. Just a hopeful news story that did not pan out. If it does resurrect into a hospital for the area, it will be a long time from now. YETTIE KERSTING needs her name back on the name and then all will be well! Easy as that, CURSE lifted!
The Central Scrutinizer

United States

#3 Oct 2, 2009
Tax Auction: Tax Collector Mark McClelland said a new date has been set to auction off the furniture and fixtures belonging to Liberty-Dayton Community Hospital and Frontier Health Care. An earlier date was postponed while an agreement was in the works to save the hospital. That fell apart earlier this week. Now, the court-ordered tax auction has been set for Tuesday, October 13, at 10 a.m. at the hospital on North Travis.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#4 Oct 2, 2009
WOW!! That's crazy. Hope these people get their jobs back. Hopefully, they do open a hospital, if not that one, maybe another one. If this hospital doesn't open we would have to drive to Baytown or Houston to go to the nearest hospital. What's the rumor about that a Pakistanian doctor paid all the back taxes owed and that he is going to reopen the hospital. That he paid millions.
Very concerned

Baytown, TX

#5 Oct 7, 2009
Before they reopen at all , they need to get a better staff and doctors that actually know what they are doing. They have done many , many people wrong!
The Central Scrutinizer

United States

#6 Oct 7, 2009
Cleveland and Anahuac are also to be included for less emergent patients. One of the best things that we can have is a decent EMS system in the county. There are many companies, such as ETMC and Acadian that are large enough to meet the needs of this area. The county contracts with someone now who does not even keep a unit stationed in the north end as was agreed.
Patient survivability starts with EARLY ACCESS by EMS. A medic with ACLS skills can do much to save your life, but there has to be a response time factored in before they can start any care of the sick and injured. Unfortunately in this county, that is usually a long time. OH... First responders with a band-aid class take care of it...YEAAAHHH!!
Born There

Walnut Creek, CA

#7 Jan 23, 2010
Hope someone reads this. I was born at that hospital in 1963. Grew up in Huffman and moved to California. Went to drive my kids by my birthplace in 2003 and it was all boarded up. Am I to understand that it was closed due to back taxes or is that just an obstacle to reopening?
Born There

Walnut Creek, CA

#8 Jan 23, 2010
Actually, I misspoke. I was born at the old Dayton hospital. Anyone know what street that was on? Thanks.
mlbell

Houston, TX

#9 Mar 29, 2010
Born There wrote:
Actually, I misspoke. I was born at the old Dayton hospital. Anyone know what street that was on? Thanks.
The old Dayton Hospital was on North Winfree; the street ran parallel with Main and intersected the railroad track about 3 blocks east. The hospital was torn down years ago. State Rep Johnny Otto has a home on the lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 3 hr Fossilfarts 677
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 8 hr Manny 535
Arthur Diamond (Jun '10) Sep '14 Beverly Diamond 6
Horseshoe Lake Estates (Feb '10) Sep '14 Htown3 9
Looking for Daughter Vanna Laird or Mother Tina... (Nov '06) Sep '14 justice for Tina 6
carl john capuano (Feb '11) Aug '14 now 8
Review: Venecia Pizza And Pasta Jul '14 Jeff 1

Liberty News Video

Liberty Dating
Find my Match

Liberty Jobs

Liberty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Liberty News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Liberty

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]