Your vote can make Statue of Liberty ...

Your vote can make Statue of Liberty one of the new Seven Wonde...

There are 1 comment on the Kansas City Star story from Jun 27, 2007, titled Your vote can make Statue of Liberty one of the new Seven Wonde.... In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

America, the Statue of Liberty needs you. Last summer FYI led readers of The Kansas City Star on a quest to pick the Seven Wonders of Kansas City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

jinny

Gent, Belgium

#1 Jul 7, 2007
Some of the places on this list are a disgrace eg Statue of Liberty. If this statue gets onto the final list it will show just how ignorant and shallow we can be. I don't believe that the general public should be allowed to vote because most are not educated enough to make these decisions. Thankfully, as far as I know, UNESCO have distanced themselves from this 'competition'.

If this competition was for the most symbolic/recognisable places in the World, I could accept this list. However, there is no way that many of these places can be considered 'wonders'.

I will be ashamed if the statue of liberty and Sydney opera house gets onto the list.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 13 Gang Members Arrested in Massive Bronx Taked... Jul 23 Boiling Pointer 1
News 6 People Shot at Park Party in The Bronx, Polic... Jul 21 reality is a crutch 2
News Bums are running amok in New York City and it n... Jul 20 Better Idea 1
DayTop Village-SwanLake (Dec '10) Jul 13 speck 66
Coop City (Jun '06) Jul 12 ex-bx 158
News Bronx DA Announces 20 Arrests In 'Operation Smo... Jul 10 Boiling Point 1
Mark Bayne Jul 9 Get a job 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages