Watch for bridge closure on Route A

Watch for bridge closure on Route A

There are 1 comment on the Liberty Tribune story from Feb 25, 2010, titled Watch for bridge closure on Route A. In it, Liberty Tribune reports that:

Motorists making a regular commute between Kearney and Liberty on Missouri Route A will need to find a new road to travel with the coming closure and replacement of the Fishing River Bridge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Liberty Tribune.

#1 Apr 20, 2010
I want to comment on the bridge on Missouri Route A at Fishing River, 3 miles north of Liberty. I realize the "Safe & Sound" sign erected there is for the "Bridge Improvement Program," BUT the sign only indicates this bridge is "Safe & Sound." Someone needs to post picture of the under side of this bridge in the newspaper and online. If you saw the under side of this bridge, you would hesitate to travel over it. There is no solid concrete underneath, only sheets of plywood holding up the "plates in roadway" and the asphalt and concrete patches. This bridge is FAR from SAFE & SOUND!! I realize it is due to be REPLACED this summer, but I also want to point out the reason for such deterioration....all the damn semi's, dump trucks, concrete trucks, etc. that take A Hwy to AVOID THE SCALES north of Liberty. We have suggested to the Clay County Sheriff that they sit on A Hwy,(perhaps even in our driveway) to catch all the speeding, passing and large trucks who unlawfully avoid the scales and more rapidly tear up our no avail!!! Give us the authority to write them tickets & keep them off our bridge!! I bet that bridge would be paid for in no time at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Tyrone Abdul Carp 21,492
Best Place to get laid? (Nov '11) Thu Looking 65
Word Association... (Mar '12) Mar 20 winner 6
Message To The Kansas City POLICE ( REPENT) Mar 19 Anonymous 2
News Naked ATV rider charged in police chase Mar 8 Lampton 3
Darlene Wright (Dec '14) Mar 3 Traquela 4
moving to kansas city (Feb '06) Jan '18 Your soulmate 555

Liberty Jobs

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages