US is broke- time to cut Soc. Sec. an...

US is broke- time to cut Soc. Sec. and Medicare

Posted in the Liberty Forum

wake up

Lexington, KY

#1 Oct 3, 2011
We're broke and it's time to stop spending. Socialism does not work. We must end the wellfare, Soc. Sec. and midicare to save our country.
Pooper

Lexington, KY

#2 Oct 3, 2011
wake up wrote:
We're broke and it's time to stop spending. Socialism does not work. We must end the wellfare, Soc. Sec. and midicare to save our country.
Stop the Wars and stop sending Billions & Billions in Foreign Aid to other countries !!
voter

Murphy, NC

#3 Oct 3, 2011
In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2007, the top 1% of households owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80%

In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.7%

-Social Security has a trust fund, and that trust fund is supposed to have $2.6 trillion in it.

Even though Social Security began collecting less in taxes than it paid in benefits in 2010, the trust fund will continue to accrue interest and grow until 2025, and will have adequate resources to pay full benefits for the next 26 years
yep

Gray, GA

#4 Oct 3, 2011
I draw a SSA check i'm retired paid in since i was 17 years old and i have midicare it cost me $98.00 a month now put that in your pipe and smoke it.
yep

Gray, GA

#5 Oct 3, 2011
btw I saved money back for my retirement and the year after i retired i had to pay taxes on the money $24,000.00 to the state and $42,000.00 fed taxes
Vallgrl

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Oct 4, 2011
wake up wrote:
We're broke and it's time to stop spending. Socialism does not work. We must end the wellfare, Soc. Sec. and midicare to save our country.
Yes, end the welfare. Social Security and medicare is not welfare.
voter

Murphy, NC

#7 Oct 4, 2011
Social Security includes Disability Income (SSDI), in addition to Old Age and Survivors Income (OASI). SSDI eats up about 18% of total SS payments (about $134 billion annually). SSDI is projected to be depleted in 2017
humm

United States

#8 Oct 4, 2011
wake up wrote:
We're broke and it's time to stop spending. Socialism does not work. We must end the wellfare, Soc. Sec. and midicare to save our country.
I got a better idea leave the old disabled people alone and get rid of the ni&g in office and u pay more taxes old people would starve and be homeless over somebody like you yeah that's a great idea yeah!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Days of our Lives 8 min ERIC 14
Informat....who was it? 11 min Friend of 6
Hello, Preachers 26 min Peace 46
Military soldiers are just dumb stupid animals ... 3 hr think about it 4
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 3 hr Lees 31
IGA Deep fried chicken in plastic bags 3 hr yukko 4
The village restaurant 5 hr Rozee 6

Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages