Do you approve of Steve Sweeney as Ma...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dog

Lexington, KY

#22 Mar 29, 2012
pity wrote:
yea now we are going to pay more for our water and garbage bill.i guess old sweeney needs some more money in his pocket.idiot people need to vote him in again lol.
Flowers cost alot of money.
Dog

Lexington, KY

#23 Mar 29, 2012
pity wrote:
yea now we are going to pay more for our water and garbage bill.i guess old sweeney needs some more money in his pocket.idiot people need to vote him in again lol.
the money wasted on the Caboose and the liberty bell and brick wall behind city hall, and now more money for him to waste.
golly

Lexington, KY

#24 Mar 29, 2012
Ya'll wanna talk shit about the mayor and act like you know everything about everything, but the truth is you couldn't do a damn bit better. If you think you can do a better job and wanna bitch and carry on then why don't you try to get yourself elected and change the world. Bunch of blabber mouths!!Just what the heck do you expect out of the mayor. I mean, he does well with what he's got to work with and the town couldn't look no better. I think he runs the place pretty good and makes it look nice too. How bout a little credit.
i know

Stockbridge, GA

#25 Apr 1, 2012
all he know to do raise taxes wont help new buiness in town unless friends or kin to create a tax base the city of liberty got evrthing to grow but need leadership after 5or6 you see no one in the city
hey

Fitzgerald, GA

#26 Apr 8, 2012
needchange wrote:
<quoted text>what exactly is it you call progress? I have seen NOTHING change around here..the rich get richer and the poor get poorer...same old same old! The Tarters do WAY more for the people of this County than anyone else! Say what you want but facts are facts...most people that have a job here can thank Tarters for it NOT the mayor...hey that is a great idea Doug needs to run for MAYOR?!
Are you serious? I've not seen anything Tarters have done either, other than give land for Walnut Hill School and that was a tax write off!
i know

Stockbridge, GA

#27 Apr 9, 2012
golly wrote:
Ya'll wanna talk shit about the mayor and act like you know everything about everything, but the truth is you couldn't do a damn bit better. If you think you can do a better job and wanna bitch and carry on then why don't you try to get yourself elected and change the world. Bunch of blabber mouths!!Just what the heck do you expect out of the mayor. I mean, he does well with what he's got to work with and the town couldn't look no better. I think he runs the place pretty good and makes it look nice too. How bout a little credit.
you open your mouth an prove you not bright
Brett James

Lexington, KY

#28 Sep 13, 2012
Seems like a stand up guy
right

Nicholasville, KY

#29 Oct 5, 2012
i know wrote:
<quoted text>you open your mouth an prove you not bright
Believe you did the same.
my opinion

United States

#30 Oct 5, 2012
I think he is doing a good job keeping Liberty a small town.Without him as mayor Liberty would grow.
satisfied

United States

#31 Oct 6, 2012
my opinion wrote:
I think he is doing a good job keeping Liberty a small town.Without him as mayor Liberty would grow.
Not true. And he is doing a fine job. Dont want it to grow.
new

United States

#32 Oct 13, 2012
Dog wrote:
<quoted text>the money wasted on the Caboose and the liberty bell and brick wall behind city hall, and now more money for him to waste.
Is he even running again.
News

Nicholasville, KY

#33 Oct 14, 2012
Mayor Sweeney needs a statue dedicated to his hard work a man on a porta potty floating down hwy 127. put it right beside the Caboose.
how it is

United States

#34 Oct 18, 2012
NO
TN VIPER

Dickson, TN

#35 Jun 21, 2014
You ppl need to move out of liberty/Casey county. I'm from TN and feel that any area in this country that doesn't allow alcohol is existing outside the Constitution and is not American at all. Get your heads out of your full point of contact. I've only met one person from Liberty and she is the most ignorant person I've ever met in my life.
TN VIPER

Dickson, TN

#36 Jun 21, 2014
Seriously??? Don't want your town to grow your special. You actually commend a mayor for not allowing your town to grow. What a selfish hick you are sir. Unemployment is rediculous in your town and you don't want it to grow? Your not thinking of your children and future generations. I take it back...that's two ignorant ppl from Liberty lol
systemic problem

Lexington, KY

#37 Jun 21, 2014
Liberty is the perfect proof that it isn't WalMart killing this country. Downtown can't keep retail, coffee shops, donut shops, tattoo parlors all fade in and out quickly but it's not because of corporate money squashing the little guy- it IS the little guy killing the little guy!
Word is that we've sent away a major retailer and two other fast food interests in recent years so it sure isn't their fault the we cannot keep businesses in business.
We need to attract a manufacturing facility like many of our neighboring counties have managed to do, just follow their lead of being a supplier to the automotive business. Many gun manufacturers in the northeast US are looking to relocate, let's give THEM an interest free loan and/or land to build upon and/or a multi-year tax amnesty.
Think big, City Leaders. Don't be afraid to attract new business here and please think unconventionally. We won't lose our heritage or identity by growing.
knightwolf

Manchester, KY

#38 Jun 26, 2014
nope i do not approve of steve sweeney as mayor we need a new mayor
whynotmore

Jeffersonville, IN

#39 Jun 29, 2014
systemic problem wrote:
Liberty is the perfect proof that it isn't WalMart killing this country. Downtown can't keep retail, coffee shops, donut shops, tattoo parlors all fade in and out quickly but it's not because of corporate money squashing the little guy- it IS the little guy killing the little guy!
Word is that we've sent away a major retailer and two other fast food interests in recent years so it sure isn't their fault the we cannot keep businesses in business.
We need to attract a manufacturing facility like many of our neighboring counties have managed to do, just follow their lead of being a supplier to the automotive business. Many gun manufacturers in the northeast US are looking to relocate, let's give THEM an interest free loan and/or land to build upon and/or a multi-year tax amnesty.
Think big, City Leaders. Don't be afraid to attract new business here and please think unconventionally. We won't lose our heritage or identity by growing.
You would think more companies would want to come to Liberty. Go to the Liberty-Casey Economic Development and get a LARGE grant to build or buy a business. If the economy goes bad or you get sick, you just send your relatives back to the Economic Development and tell to forgive the loan. You don't lose a dime and if your business makes money, it is all good. Priceless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh mcelroy 1 hr 100abc 35
next sheriff ? 1 hr Smarter 153
Dollar general 11 hr Who cares 10
Looking for baby daddy! He drove yellow mustang (Nov '17) 13 hr Boot 10
Remember boo when you vote 14 hr knightwolf 9
nick bryant ans tina ducan 15 hr open for business 12
Powell County Goes Wet 17 hr man in black 4

Liberty Jobs

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages