Casey County school and other problems

“"Talk to me"”

Since: Aug 07

Lexington, KY

#22 Aug 16, 2007
Please!!!!!!!!!!Dont label all republicans with the politics in this county.
melissa

Jackson, KY

#23 Sep 21, 2007
Beamer wrote:
My, My, what goes around does come around. My Children went to Case County Schools and were always treated badly. They are grown with children of their own and still talk about the torture they went through. A teacher, who is probably dead by now or in a nursing home,once told my child to stand up in front of the class and then told the class, "This is what you look like when your parents don't care about you." I learned about that after we left Liberty! These people are clannish, backward, mean and dangerous.
Ever seen the movie, Deliverence???
i can believe it coming from casey co nothing that anyone tells me about casey co suprises me i agree with you totally these people in casey co are clannish, backward, mean but not dangerous just bullyies or think they are they havent met the right person yet or pick on the right child yet god help them if it is my child and trust me i have taught my child to tell me everything and she does if a teachers tells or something or is mean to her she tells me, and i straighten it out maybe thats why no one in casey co likes me because i dont put up with there bull and i dont kiss a**
Proud to be a Rebel

Glasgow, KY

#24 Mar 10, 2008
People can sit an complain all they want. If you have a problem with the school system, go through the proper chain of command and get it solved. My child attends CCHS now is getting an excellent education. Her teachers are fair, concerned, and helpful. We have nothing but good experiences with this school system. I know that there are problems but being negative doesn't solve them. We can be part of the solution or part of the problem. It is up to us to decide.
Another Step-Mom

Jamestown, KY

#25 Mar 10, 2008
I for one am a parent that will NEVER send a child back to the Casey County School District. We moved him out of the county several years ago and that has been the best thing that ever happened to him! Casey County had him labeld as a Mentally Retarded child when the fact of the matter is, he was far from it! The past four years this child has gone from doing classwork three years behind where he should be to working on math and science skills two years beyond his grade level! Just simply because, the school system here actually cares about its kids!
I also would like to know more about the audit going on in Casey Co. If anyone has more information about it, please post it. I was always taught to respect my elders/authority figures, etc...but, in some cases in Casey County, these people deserve absolutely no respect. Especially the elected officials....it takes people like us for them to hold the positions they have. I've wished for years someone would run against people like Tommy Weddle, etc...but, it never happens. Maybe one day one of my children (or yours) can grow up to do just this!
desert isle

Corbin, KY

#26 Mar 12, 2008
Another Step-Mom wrote:
I for one am a parent that will NEVER send a child back to the Casey County School District. We moved him out of the county several years ago and that has been the best thing that ever happened to him! Casey County had him labeld as a Mentally Retarded child when the fact of the matter is, he was far from it! The past four years this child has gone from doing classwork three years behind where he should be to working on math and science skills two years beyond his grade level! Just simply because, the school system here actually cares about its kids!
I also would like to know more about the audit going on in Casey Co. If anyone has more information about it, please post it. I was always taught to respect my elders/authority figures, etc...but, in some cases in Casey County, these people deserve absolutely no respect. Especially the elected officials....it takes people like us for them to hold the positions they have. I've wished for years someone would run against people like Tommy Weddle, etc...but, it never happens. Maybe one day one of my children (or yours) can grow up to do just this!
Amen!!!!!.....
who knew

Jefferson, GA

#27 Mar 12, 2008
Tommy Weddle and Linda Hatter are not the only ones in "positions" around here. Wendell Emerson did his fair share to hire his entire family. Glenna Stephens, Kevin Stephens, Brian Stephens, to name a few. There are other relatives of his working for the school system but I don't know all their names. Also, retired VP Mr. Pierce has a son and a daughter working at the HS, or at least he did have a few years ago, when he was VP.
That's not to say those folks aren't qualified to teach as well as anyone. It is just that if one relative applied for a job, and another person equally qualified applied for the same job - the relative would automatically have the job. It's just the way it is here.
get real

Brownsville, TN

#28 Mar 12, 2008
As for the school system in Casey County the worst thing that has happened to it was when they put phones in the class rooms and allowed teachers to have there cell phones. The kids can not have their cell phones or use the one the public is paying for unless it is a medical emergency. Almost always you can walk through one of the schools and you will find 90% of the on the phone instead of teaching or helping the students. I think some of the teachers need to go back to school, if you don't believe me read 'CASEY TEACHER' they can't spell!!! My oldest child went from K-12 to Casey County Schools but the other two were put on home schooled one in the eight grade and the other in the ninth. As for the Weddle's I thought one of them was a friend of mine but he bold face lied to me, he's the one with the badge. I am a life long Casey Countian and a republican but that does not mean that I did or will vote for a Weddle!!!!!!!!!!
Buck Eye

Kathleen, GA

#31 Mar 12, 2008
Proud to be a Rebel wrote:
People can sit an complain all they want. If you have a problem with the school system, go through the proper chain of command and get it solved. My child attends CCHS now is getting an excellent education. Her teachers are fair, concerned, and helpful. We have nothing but good experiences with this school system. I know that there are problems but being negative doesn't solve them. We can be part of the solution or part of the problem. It is up to us to decide.
What chain? I've went to Linda Hatter and called and emailed Frankfort and got no results.
lala

Somerset, KY

#32 Mar 12, 2008
verry well said upset mom my son is in the middle school and teachers there have there picks and my son is not one of them im up at that school all the time ..out with the old and in with the new... we need better teachers as well they need to be brought down a little there not all that ...if they cant handle some things they need to find a new job...they dont even have enough book for all the students there....

Since: Mar 08

Glasgow, KY

#33 Mar 13, 2008
Buckeye,
Try calling Laura McCullough at the State Department or Commisoner Draud
Tyler Durden

Bradfordsville, KY

#34 Mar 13, 2008
I agree and disagree with some of your comments. It has been some time since I was in school so I really dont have the best picture of whats going on, I am just running of what little I know about the present day school system. First I do think there is to much family in the the faculty, but i think linda is doing a good job. There are some good and bad teachers at the schools, they are both at every school nation wide. I do think we have above the national average of bad teachers too. One of the best teachers that the High School had left 5 or 6 years ago. That was Mr. Hughes, his class is the only one that prepared me for college. I was not fond of the middle school program at all, I am not sure I learned anything in those two grades. As far as being strict on absences, they need to be. If your kids take a college class, some will fail you after three missed classes. EKU, SCC, and UK all have some classes that inforce this rule. Most are General ed such as English, Biology and other core classes. So its probally a good idea to have such rules in place within the school system. I dont think it is needed as much in grapes k-6, but 7-12 I think it is. This is just my two cents on the subject.
carol

Versailles, KY

#35 Mar 13, 2008
Another football parent wrote:
I love the title of this thread..It implies that everything in Casey County is wrong. All is not wrong...didn't you read the paper this week...18 Casey athletes playing at college. Dozen more Casey grads in college making really good grades....A Casey grad came back here to practice medicine...another Casey grad came back to be band director. Maybe the negative people who post on here need to leave.
that is true but the subject about the weddle are still there. they may run the town but hell they sure don't run me. i am sorry but this is our town .we the people need to stick together and make this our town again. i am not a big name person and i am not a big shot. but you want to know something, God created me like he did everybody else and they are no better than me or no bigger shot than me. i rather help someone instead of running them. so any body get upset over what i say i will say i am sorry but i am my own person and you all have problem with them , then vote ,vote, vote ,and get more votes. that is how you will get them out.....by the way i am proud to present my name, i am not ashame.........
Barack

Trinity, TX

#37 Mar 13, 2008
upset mom wrote:
Well about the whole school thing it so messed up, now days the kids are only allowed to have 3 days unexused for the whole year if they miss any more than that they expect a DRs exuse. And if they miss over three days without a DRs exuse they send letters home stateing that if your child has one more unexused absense they will be sending someone to your home to investigate and after that if they miss they threaten to take the parents to court. Do they not realize that the parents can pull them out of school and home teach these children, All they care about is money. And their are times my child is sick enough to miss school, But not sick enough to go to the Drs office. If my child has got a headache im gonna keep them home and i dont expect the school to give me hell because of it. And im sure not gonna take her to the DR for it, Do they not realize its expensive to go to the DR and most cant afford to go every time their child has a runny nose or a little cough.
I think if they are going to investigate anyone it should be the parents that send their kids to school looking like theyv been drug through the mud,stinking and packing head lice everyday I know that some kids have a rough life and alot of the times its because of their sorry parents.But my kids have a pretty good life and they are well taken care of they may not have the best but you can tell by looking at them that their clean and happy they do great in school my daughter makes straight As ,but apparently that doesnt matter.
All i have to say is that the school needs to realize who the parent is, I didnt recall any of them in the delivery room with me
and as far as im concerned they need to mind their own business
Do like you suggested; home school your kids. We don't care. In fact it would decreace the class size and maybe help the other students.
little red

London, KY

#38 Mar 13, 2008
DO IT wrote:
I agree that the weddles need to be thrown out on their a@$,If the only law we have in casey is Bob then the people of casey have no law I think him and his brother david are just alike I bet if i had called to invite them to look up my skirt they would have arrived within 10 min ,the sorry bastards
Well the last I recall Bob wasnt the sheriff of this county..right?? So your complaint should be to him.. and for the ones who dont like them then by gosh shut up and do something about it than complaining all the time....

Now get back on the subject..this specific post is on the CC school system, something else everyone complains about but when the time comes that they can pull together and make a change.. they get scared and wont do shit!!
little red

London, KY

#39 Mar 13, 2008
Barack wrote:
<quoted text>Do like you suggested; home school your kids. We don't care. In fact it would decreace the class size and maybe help the other students.
sounds just like an employee of the school system or a jerk that is to scared to speak up when somehting is wrong and going on in the school system.. Everyone knows it but is to scared to speak up!!!!!!

Yeah, there kids would be safer and better educated if they homeschooled them, that I do agree with.
little red

London, KY

#40 Mar 13, 2008
People I dont usually get on this as it has gotten so stupid but it really makes me mad when the citizens of Casey County complain about the problems in the school sytem then continue to let it happen... WE ALL know that there is a lot of bad stuff that goes on and how kids are mistreated but OH MY we had better not say nothing... then it continues year after year....The ones suffering are the innocent kids because their parents and other citizens are too stupid and scared to complain and make the people who are over the school system and the Teachers responsible for their actions.....Where do you think all of the bullying lawsuits came from??? It all started when it was being allowed and not STOPPED and every year it trickled down the line of kids... and adults....

GEEZ wake up!! Yes stuff like this goes on in every county in every state but its only because of how much the system is allowed to get away with...

Casey County has some good things going on in the school system but it gets way over shadowed by all the bad... If a teacher or faculty member is guilty of something..then by gosh make them pay the price and correct it before it continues to damage our kids anymore!!!!
Amanda

Santa Fe, NM

#41 Mar 13, 2008
little red wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the last I recall Bob wasnt the sheriff of this county..right?? So your complaint should be to him.. and for the ones who dont like them then by gosh shut up and do something about it than complaining all the time....
Now get back on the subject..this specific post is on the CC school system, something else everyone complains about but when the time comes that they can pull together and make a change.. they get scared and wont do shit!!
Don't know where you've been but Bob Weddle isn't Sheriff anymore, Jerry Coffman is.
little red

London, KY

#42 Mar 13, 2008
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know where you've been but Bob Weddle isn't Sheriff anymore, Jerry Coffman is.
thanks for backing me as I thought I was still in CC and it hadnt changed overnight. I may not like the Weddle neither but gosh dont blame them for everything when indeed there is someone else responsible...hence the REAL sheriff...

Maybe Weddle was mad because he had to come out and the REAL SHERIFF wouldnt??
Barack

Trinity, TX

#43 Mar 13, 2008
little red wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds just like an employee of the school system or a jerk that is to scared to speak up when somehting is wrong and going on in the school system.. Everyone knows it but is to scared to speak up!!!!!!
Yeah, there kids would be safer and better educated if they homeschooled them, that I do agree with.
Does that mean you won't vote for me?
macktheknife

Lexington, KY

#44 Mar 19, 2008
Another Step-Mom wrote:
Why dont you run for public office. If you dont like the way things are then step up to the plate. Why dont you run for Board member and try to change things instead of BITCHING about it! School board terms are up for grabs every 4 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote For Trump 1 hr Conservative 7
David Coffman and Sherri luttrell 3 hr Jerry 10
Football team has over 50 players 4 hr Different 2
Who knows 5 hr Bee 2
Griffith Ridge or Neff Rd 23 hr Charlie 3
Pizza Pizza Papa John's Sat True 3
IGA Parking Lot Sat curious to know 1

Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance