Need it

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2012
Why does Liberty not already have one?
Jonez

Lexington, KY

#2 Dec 4, 2012
Kroger is possible but we dont have alota major highways like other counties. We do but people wont drive here from Taylor Co to shop there. What WOULD work here is a Tractor Supply Company store, a HOMETOWN style Walmart, or a Dollar General Market like they have on 127 just below Russell Springs, just south of new US127 bypass. Our land lays to low and they usualy want prime realistate. They dont mind to pay for it but here they would have to fill in low areas, and the roads dont even have turning lanes ect so in some cases the state wont give them permit for a entrance due to traffic issues.
I know why

Barnesville, OH

#3 Dec 4, 2012
Because people go outside of liberty to shop . Before a will open here they take a look at the big picture meaning how other businesses are doing here and many other things. I think Target, Walmart or Kroger wouldn't get enough business to make it here .
Jonez

Lexington, KY

#4 Dec 4, 2012
When the I beam truss company was looking for a place to move ti(they make precut and drilled iron beams for buildings and road construction) many beams were long and they said they couldnt negotiate the turns on our roads and downtown(70 bypass was approved after this dismal observation) and that the workforce wasnt familiar with or skilled with the type of work. The company located near Richmond KY instead. 450 jobs gone! ZAP! We dont have the east west highways their looking for, restuants, or work force and we will never have any of those so forget that! A new store would be welcome tho.
wondering

United States

#5 Dec 6, 2012
Jonez wrote:
When the I beam truss company was looking for a place to move ti(they make precut and drilled iron beams for buildings and road construction) many beams were long and they said they couldnt negotiate the turns on our roads and downtown(70 bypass was approved after this dismal observation) and that the workforce wasnt familiar with or skilled with the type of work. The company located near Richmond KY instead. 450 jobs gone! ZAP! We dont have the east west highways their looking for, restuants, or work force and we will never have any of those so forget that! A new store would be welcome tho.
When was this?
red hill bill

Duluth, GA

#6 Dec 6, 2012
I know why wrote:
Because people go outside of liberty to shop . Before a will open here they take a look at the big picture meaning how other businesses are doing here and many other things. I think Target, Walmart or Kroger wouldn't get enough business to make it here .
Finally someone that understands business, economy and customer base.
knightwolf

Versailles, KY

#7 Dec 8, 2012
well the new shopco is sopost to be like a target
well then

Duluth, GA

#8 Dec 12, 2012
knightwolf wrote:
well the new shopco is sopost to be like a target
If its not a target, its not a Target.
knightwolf

Nicholasville, KY

#9 Dec 12, 2012
i am just saying what the workers are saying its like they say its LIKE A target
Wizard of Aus

Somerset, KY

#10 Dec 13, 2012
That's why Papa Johns didn't come. Not enough population, not enough of ANY population at a certain income level, etc.
knightwolf

Lexington, KY

#11 Dec 13, 2012
ohh your fully of it that was true pizza hut and subway and mcd's would pull up and leave town that and a cvs would never put as store here if what you say is true
get over it

Duluth, GA

#12 Dec 13, 2012
knightwolf wrote:
ohh your fully of it that was true pizza hut and subway and mcd's would pull up and leave town that and a cvs would never put as store here if what you say is true
"Fully of it" thats comical.

You need to get over it though. Population and money is the reason businesses like that are not here. Pizza hut is a typical business in low population areas, along with mcdonalds and Subway. Rarely will you see multiple big name pizza/fast food places in towns/counties of this size. I know your going to try and use Stanford as a comparision but it is not. Standford/lincoln co has a higher population and the average household income is much higher. The average household income is higher in all surrounding counties. If you want these things you are going to have to move.
it is what it is

Barnesville, OH

#13 Dec 13, 2012
This county is poverty level income and what businesses we have here are the type of businesses that open in poverty level income counties. Most of the people living here are living off the tax payers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do u stuff ur underwear?(male topic) 8 hr Judy 2
scottie phelps 8 hr jack 1
Monticello Bank 10 hr Chong 3
Explosion!! 13 hr Ridge runner 1
charles wahl and melinda Bernard brown 13 hr blind fly 5
Run Mayor Brown out of Town 15 hr More Details Please 68
why would a weddle want to marry a luttrell? (Sep '11) 21 hr wife of a Luttrell 52
Liberty Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Liberty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Liberty News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Liberty

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:52 am PST

NFL 6:52AM