Crockett Trail
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
concerned

Owingsville, KY

#1 Oct 13, 2012
I heard this store sold..I hope it does as good as before..We need this for our community
unconcerned

Lexington, KY

#2 Oct 13, 2012
Super nice people took over, I think it will be fine
john

Lexington, KY

#3 Oct 14, 2012
very nice pepole jack peter and the woman !!!
hahaha

Willowbrook, IL

#5 Oct 16, 2012
They lie! Said when they took over that his workers he was keeping would keep 40 hours and Oct 1st the day they took over everything changed...all the weird stuff in the office with the red dots and stinkin incense and then the lies came and everyone lost some or most of their hours and now they have 2workers left
What I belive

Lexington, KY

#6 Oct 16, 2012
I told you .
Ann Marie

Rossville, GA

#7 Oct 16, 2012
We have family near there, and are planning on building our new home just up the road on 70. Constuction begins next month on new Dollar General store but i think Crockett will do fine. I hear they still have great food, clean facility and cheaper gas than Columbia or Russell Springs. The Dollar General will feature more frozen goods than most stores built in the past. This will bring people in as far away as Mannsville, due to Creston being closer than Walmart in Taylor Co, meaning theyll drive our way on KY70, instead of west. Those on Tenneessee Ridge and 1547 will be more likely to shop aswell. Its a win win! Only downside, theres always a downside, with the day care, more homes being built around Creston and the DG, this will result in a up tick of traffic on highway 70, a already heavily traveled route. This is a good thing for Creston residents and is just one reason we are going to retire and build our home there. May God Bless(:
info

United States

#8 Oct 16, 2012
Ann Marie wrote:
We have family near there, and are planning on building our new home just up the road on 70. Constuction begins next month on new Dollar General store but i think Crockett will do fine. I hear they still have great food, clean facility and cheaper gas than Columbia or Russell Springs. The Dollar General will feature more frozen goods than most stores built in the past. This will bring people in as far away as Mannsville, due to Creston being closer than Walmart in Taylor Co, meaning theyll drive our way on KY70, instead of west. Those on Tenneessee Ridge and 1547 will be more likely to shop aswell. Its a win win! Only downside, theres always a downside, with the day care, more homes being built around Creston and the DG, this will result in a up tick of traffic on highway 70, a already heavily traveled route. This is a good thing for Creston residents and is just one reason we are going to retire and build our home there. May God Bless(:
Dollar general is not building in the Creston area any more. Those plans were scratched and they choose the Mannsville area. This is a fact.
Ann Marie

Rossville, GA

#9 Oct 16, 2012
Its not a fact! It is coming. The men doing our survey for our land also doing DG survey. It will be located in front of red barn @ 206 and 70, between barn and gate shop fence. A bid from contractors must be aquired first. Survey staks are seen on the feild according to friends i talked to. Stop at one of the stores and ask for youself! Im not argueing with an idiot or we will look like idiots aswell.
info

United States

#10 Oct 16, 2012
Ann Marie wrote:
Its not a fact! It is coming. The men doing our survey for our land also doing DG survey. It will be located in front of red barn @ 206 and 70, between barn and gate shop fence. A bid from contractors must be aquired first. Survey staks are seen on the feild according to friends i talked to. Stop at one of the stores and ask for youself! Im not argueing with an idiot or we will look like idiots aswell.
Sorry but you have been misinformed. They planned to buy mr goode's property. That never went through and they have choosen a new location. Not in Casey. I wont resort to name calling though.
billy

Lexington, KY

#11 Oct 16, 2012
the workers needed fired 75percent anyways lazy bums or ole hag
oh boo who

Lexington, KY

#12 Oct 18, 2012
No they didn't need fired! the cute girls kept that place going!
wondering

Lexington, KY

#13 Oct 18, 2012
Was this place bought by foreigners? I have noticed that the people here are selling out to Indian (from India)not RED BLOODED NATIVE AMERICANS! I think it is a crying shame that this continues to happen.Do you know the tax breaks they get? Breaks that we can't get for sure.Why don't you all shop at Hickory Hills and Crocket Trail and give them money to send to another country as well Then sit and fuss about the Mexicans like they are your worst enemies.It makes mt stomach turn to know WE are allowing this buying their goods!I for one will buy from American's only as long as it is possible to do.If it keeps on like it is though all the ORIGINAL little Mom and Pop stores will be gone or replaced by foreigners.SICKENING & SHAMEFUL!Give me 7-10 years with no taxes and 100.000.00 and I will buy me a store to!
agree

Wheeling, IL

#14 Oct 18, 2012
wondering wrote:
Was this place bought by foreigners? I have noticed that the people here are selling out to Indian (from India)not RED BLOODED NATIVE AMERICANS! I think it is a crying shame that this continues to happen.Do you know the tax breaks they get? Breaks that we c buy me a store to!
i so totally agree with you...i was working there when it sold and they are totally liars promised to keep our full time position and took over and cut in half..so i quit along with everyone else!
unconcerned

Lexington, KY

#15 Oct 18, 2012
I WAS WRONG!! sorry, not such great people
mjm

Warner Robins, GA

#17 Oct 18, 2012
still got megan pelly shes hott as hell i they need lol
look out

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 19, 2012
Watch and see how this thriving business withers and dies! The management style of the new owners will fail big here and will fail very soon.
Whichever bank fronted the loan will soon get whats left. Hopefully the Buis' didn't finance the sale.
Was there yesterday, the female owner didn't know what goes in a 3 piece meal!
Look for lower inventories, nonworking gas pumps, dirtiness and grumpy people behind the counter.
None of this is because Casey County is racist, it's because we won't deal with stupidity or rudeness. They have already lost me.
concerned

Morehead, KY

#19 Oct 19, 2012
I hope this store makes it, and I think they do pretty good to just start out and not get trained the proper way..Alot of people did quit, but it wasnt because everything changed, it was because they didnt give the owner time to work with them on their hours ..and the ones that did quit already are trying to get their jobs back..Sad to think that people watch every little different thing we do and then sit and watch for failure..Go Crockett............who cares where they send their money..the economy is bad right now,,if you have a job, you better hang on to it
Bad

Nicholasville, KY

#20 Oct 20, 2012
look out wrote:
Watch and see how this thriving business withers and dies! The management style of the new owners will fail big here and will fail very soon.
Whichever bank fronted the loan will soon get whats left. Hopefully the Buis' didn't finance the sale.
Was there yesterday, the female owner didn't know what goes in a 3 piece meal!
Look for lower inventories, nonworking gas pumps, dirtiness and grumpy people behind the counter.
None of this is because Casey County is racist, it's because we won't deal with stupidity or rudeness. They have already lost me.
They have already raised prices on several items i buy there 2-3 times a week, i'll stop doing business there.
Tinfoil Hat

Somerset, KY

#21 Oct 20, 2012
Scott's store has doubled business according to the vendors that deliver there. And Crockett's has halved.
so soon

Lexington, KY

#22 Oct 20, 2012
its already dirtier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizza Pizza Papa John's 1 hr True 3
IGA Parking Lot 4 hr curious to know 1
Vote For Trump 12 hr Voter 1
I want to no 13 hr dave penrod 4
Cassie Clements Elmore (Sep '12) 15 hr Rebel Pride 40
Guys with big Di*** 19 hr family 12
Tommy Weddle (Dec '12) Fri for sure 57

Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance