Angela Lee

Versailles, KY

#1 Dec 30, 2012
Vilsack: Economy will suffer without farm bill

Posted by
CNN's Ashley Killough
(CNN)- While Congress faces escalating pressure to avoid the fiscal cliff, a key Cabinet member is issuing dire warnings for the economy if Washington fails to immediately act on other vital legislation waiting in the wings.

"It is unconscionable that we don't have a farm bill," U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack said in an interview that aired Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "This is just historic."

The five-year farm bill, which aids farmers with price protections and subsidies, expired on September 30 after the House faced GOP division over extending the bill. Some conservative lawmakers said the newer version didn't go far enough in reform, while others said the price tag was too high, especially in provisions dealing with food stamps.
Very Sad

Lexington, KY

#2 Dec 30, 2012
Get ready for $6 to $8 a gallon on milk, not to mention the price increase of all dairy like butter, cheese, butter... This is uncalled for.
no joke

United States

#3 Dec 30, 2012
I heard milk might cost over $100.00 a gallon
TNT

Lexington, KY

#4 Dec 31, 2012
they extended it only one year
TNT

Lexington, KY

#5 Dec 31, 2012
was this vilsak guy the one they quoted as saying that rural areas have become irrelevant in today's USA?

i wonder how irrelevant we'll be when they have all their groceries shipped in from overseas.

i wonder how many people they can feed from those roof top gardens?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 6 min Fist full o dollars 625
Casey High break-in by students 1 hr Smart ones 15
News Driver airlifted to UK following collision in C... 5 hr Both sides of the... 24
Why do straight men crossdress? (Oct '12) 6 hr short skirt 271
Ashley brooke baxter 17 hr rob 1
john whited 19 hr just a thought 22
weed 22 hr Calypso 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages