Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,680

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Burn Hemp

Mount Sterling, KY

#72314 Oct 14, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. Ya when he started spinning that would of not been good for me. Got out on the flst a while today, great time of year for a ride.
Nope is a topix mod likely from the CA headquarters who is troubled by the lack of traffic on this forum lately, hence the long soliloquy lecturing all posters here. He is polite and seems well-intentioned but he has other underlying motives which I will get into at another time after he posts again.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72327 Oct 14, 2012
Whoo hoo, looks like a normal thread for a night. Wish I had been on to chat with you Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, "Nope", Sybil, and Blueminer. Wow, what a day. Had a friend coming in from Chicago, got stuck, suspended flights and won't be in until tomorrow due to bad weather and tornado warnings, heard that Ohio was getting it too.

I am with you "Nope" on that "iffy" weather. It was windy, but warm, then the storms moved it, pitch black, heavy rains, some wind and gone. Whew, I was wondering. The sky was weird looking before the darkness and rain started. Almost brown. I had to think of the chemtrails they have been doing here lately. Very dominant trails before spreading out. Still wonder if HAARP/Chemtrail use was the culprit of the dying birds. I lean towards that or the earthquakes and the gas escaping like the coal miners bird/gas trick proves. Guess we will never really know, think we would of heard of some theory by now. They took that one site off the web that tracked all those dead birds/fish/penquins etc...off. hmmm

Hempburn, that was an insane jump and I agree with both you and "Nope" about sound/the feeling, plus you would never offer me enough to do it either. I like living too much and enjoy the ground under my feet. lol

Ancient Wolf, sad about the bird getting flung into your chimney. Are the chickens getting settled in their new home? Awesome you are sharing with the seniors nearby. Bet they love you. Nothing like fresh eggs.

Sybil, my friend, what's up? Have you been watching all the cases of meningitis? The CDC says there are over 200 cases, I forgot how many deaths. They are pushing the flu shots everywhere and employers are offering it free. I said "NO THANKS, I'd rather have the flu"..haha I have never had one and don't plan on it. I AM grateful I have always been healthy. I don't take shots unless I am forced to. haha Those military shots were long ago for travelling overseas. Never again. lol

OJG, lala...miss you!

Hope you all have a great night!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#72329 Oct 15, 2012
Got a dropper full of rain. Well, THAT wasn't helpful.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72330 Oct 15, 2012
Burn Hemp wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope is a topix mod likely from the CA headquarters who is troubled by the lack of traffic on this forum lately, hence the long soliloquy lecturing all posters here. He is polite and seems well-intentioned but he has other underlying motives which I will get into at another time after he posts again.
I talk to anyone who post in a half human way, their agenda is not mine if there is one. I do not read or respond to stupidity and basically ignore the trolls. So as long as a contributor is fairly nice I will treat them equally as nice.

Have a good one,,,,, trolls, not so much.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#72333 Oct 15, 2012
No more birds coming in. Did they all fly South?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#72337 Oct 15, 2012
Good morning, everyone. It's great to have civility returning to this thread.

Location hidden

#72338 Oct 15, 2012
Has anyone heard about the gigantic eyeball that washed up on the Florida coast? Authorities described the eye as blue in color and the size of a softball. They further stated that it must have come from a large sea creature...well, duh, what else would it have come from (LOL).
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72341 Oct 15, 2012
Oglala wrote:
Has anyone heard about the gigantic eyeball that washed up on the Florida coast? Authorities described the eye as blue in color and the size of a softball. They further stated that it must have come from a large sea creature...well, duh, what else would it have come from (LOL).
Hi lala, I seen that. It was quite creepy. Apparently it was identified by Florida scientists as coming from a swordfish they believe some fisherman had cut it up and discarded the eyeballs. It was huge. I thought it looked the size of a small cantelope myself. lol

I know I am glad I didn't find it. haha

I hope you are having a great day! A little cool today and lots of leaves brought down by the storms. But I still have plenty of births. My rose buds that didn't bloom look sad.:( Winter is on it's way. Like you said it was nice to see the thread almost normal. Wish we could get OJG, Peace, Watch, Prepper, Betty, Hicky and a few others to come back and join us when we all get cabin fever. haha

Big (((HUGS)))
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72342 Oct 15, 2012
LOL...that should say "I still have plenty of BIRDS" haha

Don't know where the word birth came from. I had one and that was enough. Don't know how people have more than one child. They are a lifetime commitment and very expensive. hahaha

Have a great day!

Hi Ancient Wolf and Hempburn!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72344 Oct 15, 2012
A BIRD story and one for Ancient Wolf at that! lol

Thousands of chickens saved in Turlock

Roughly fifty thousand chickens were abandoned at a poultry farm in Turlock. With the help of an animal rescue facility near Vacaville, over four thousand of those chickens made it out alive, making this rescue the largest farm animal rescue in Cali

http://specials.msn.com/msnvideo/video...

Love to watch these rescue videos like the Godvine ones I posted. Thank God there are such people out there. I still believe there are more GOOD people in the world than BAD.

I am ABELIEVER that good wins over evil.:)

Location hidden

#72346 Oct 15, 2012
Hi, Abeliever. Glad I caught you posting. It's a pretty quiet day. Hate to see winter coming on, though. I'm definitely a summer person, and I missed this year's summer totally. Oh, well, I'm gradually getting better. I chuckle when I hear about AW's chickens, following him to their new home. Years ago, I had a flock of chickens. When it came time to cook them for dinner, we couldn't eat our "friends." So the chickens all lived to a ripe old age. The last one lived until she was 17 years old. Not kidding. When our kids were young, we had to bring "Frisky" the chicken in the cellar when we had an old fashioned New England "nor'easter." That old hen happily ruled the roost for a LONG time.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#72347 Oct 15, 2012
I went to the chicken house today with a bucket of treats and one small chicken jumped up on my bucket and a 2nd one not to be outdone, jumped up on my shoulder and a 3rd one said "I can do better than that" and jumped up on top of my hat. LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#72348 Oct 15, 2012
Oglala wrote:
Hi lala. I read about that eyeball washing onshore. A bit sad really. Considering the size of it and all, it must have been a majestic creature until it's death. To have lived long enough to have reached that size? It certainly must have been massive. I'm sure they'll ID it soon and tell the media what kind of sea creature it came from.

I wonder if they'll be able to test for a cause of death, for instance if it died from disease caused by pollution, etc.
(And if they do find out, would they tell us)?

Good afternoon to everyone else also, by the way! I read an earlier post from someone saying I lived in Cali and was a Mod? I surely hope we don't have to start rehashing that old argument again on here. It's gotten so redundant at this point. If I was so terribly worried about a comment count on here, don't you think I'd gray box my ID and then start posting my tail off with off topic drivel?? After all, a click is a click as far as the ad revenue goes, is it not?
LOL!

By the way, the storm missed us here too. At about 10 o'clock or so the rain hit the roof HARD. Could barely hear the t.v. for only about 60 seconds and then it stopped as quickly as it started. Had a little tiny cloud burst overhead and then it was gone. One of the stranger storms I've seen pass through my part of Kentucky.
(Yes, Kentucky. Not California).

Okay, well it's pizza pie day in our house. Time to get my tail in gear and do some housework before we head out for dinner.
Later taters!!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*

#72349 Oct 15, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
A BIRD story and one for Ancient Wolf at that! lol Thousands of chickens saved in Turlock
WOW, that's awesome!! Thanks for the post!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72351 Oct 15, 2012
Oglala wrote:
Hi, Abeliever. Glad I caught you posting. It's a pretty quiet day. Hate to see winter coming on, though. I'm definitely a summer person, and I missed this year's summer totally. Oh, well, I'm gradually getting better. I chuckle when I hear about AW's chickens, following him to their new home. Years ago, I had a flock of chickens. When it came time to cook them for dinner, we couldn't eat our "friends." So the chickens all lived to a ripe old age. The last one lived until she was 17 years old. Not kidding. When our kids were young, we had to bring "Frisky" the chicken in the cellar when we had an old fashioned New England "nor'easter." That old hen happily ruled the roost for a LONG time.
I love the quiet day I get today. Although I have been busy doing laundry/dishes/housework I plan on being lazy today. Don't have to work, be anywhere, see anyone, pick anyone up...I am settled in for the day. Monday is my TV night, The Voice, Hawaii 5-0, and late night comedy. Still tired from an active weekend nonstop.

I know what you mean about eating "friends". I have some friends that get attached to even their cows. I always told my husband when he hunted that he had to clean them because I don't want to eat something I met. lol I never knew how they could aim and shot at a beautiful deer with those eyes. I can cook it and eat it, but don't want to meet it. lol

#72359 Oct 15, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I went to the chicken house today with a bucket of treats and one small chicken jumped up on my bucket and a 2nd one not to be outdone, jumped up on my shoulder and a 3rd one said "I can do better than that" and jumped up on top of my hat. LOL
How sweet, AW! I had a little banty RIR rooster one time, a tiny little thing he was. He had such gorgeous little feathers on his feet that almost resembled boots, hehe. He was so lovable. His banty wife "Chick" would follow close behind me while "Noodle" rode shotgun on my shoulder when I was outside doing chores. You couldn't sit outside on the porch without him in your lap. God's creatures, lol. So comical sometimes!! Company used to come over wanting a pic of them with him in their lap. He was such a pretty bird with all of his coloring and those long black tail feathers so sleek and shiny.
Good memories....
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72360 Oct 15, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have seen some chickens act like children. hahaha That is too cute.

Did you see where they were cashing in on the election? Too funny. Like the UK/UL bottles. Red State Bourbon or Blue State Bourbon. The first has a elephant on its label, the other, a donkey. Both bottles have the same hand-crafted bourbon whiskey inside, made in Bardstown, Kentucky.

Also, there was an article on booze, Lincoln and the Civil War

How Booze Built America: Lincoln and Booze

"How Booze Built America" looks at just how great a role alcohol played in the life of Abraham Lincoln.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/lincol...

Hope you are having a fine day!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72361 Oct 15, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, that's awesome!! Thanks for the post!
Hi "Nope", I enjoyed all your posts in the past as I do now and don't believe you live in California. That rumor being a MOD started with one of them. I loved your story about your rooster and chickens. too cute

I hope you have a blessed day too!:)

Location hidden

#72366 Oct 15, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi lala. I read about that eyeball washing onshore. A bit sad really. Considering the size of it and all, it must have been a majestic creature until it's death. To have lived long enough to have reached that size? It certainly must have been massive. I'm sure they'll ID it soon and tell the media what kind of sea creature it came from.
I wonder if they'll be able to test for a cause of death, for instance if it died from disease caused by pollution, etc.
(And if they do find out, would they tell us)?
Good afternoon to everyone else also, by the way! I read an earlier post from someone saying I lived in Cali and was a Mod? I surely hope we don't have to start rehashing that old argument again on here. It's gotten so redundant at this point. If I was so terribly worried about a comment count on here, don't you think I'd gray box my ID and then start posting my tail off with off topic drivel?? After all, a click is a click as far as the ad revenue goes, is it not?
LOL!
By the way, the storm missed us here too. At about 10 o'clock or so the rain hit the roof HARD. Could barely hear the t.v. for only about 60 seconds and then it stopped as quickly as it started. Had a little tiny cloud burst overhead and then it was gone. One of the stranger storms I've seen pass through my part of Kentucky.
(Yes, Kentucky. Not California).
Okay, well it's pizza pie day in our house. Time to get my tail in gear and do some housework before we head out for dinner.
Later taters!!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
I was watching a documentary recently about giant jellyfish off the coast of Japan. Apparently it reproduces at a rapid rate and and is growing much faster than normal. They do not know how to reduce the number of these creatures, and it is decimating the Japanese fishing industry. These mutated jellyfish are disturbing the ecosystem in the area, and clog the fishermen's nets with their numbers.

#72367 Oct 15, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "Nope", I enjoyed all your posts in the past as I do now and don't believe you live in California. That rumor being a MOD started with one of them. I loved your story about your rooster and chickens. too cute
I hope you have a blessed day too!:)
Hi AB. I just finished the dishes then swept and mopped the kitchen, so I sat down to enjoy a glass of iced tea while the floor dries.

Thanks for the kind words. Really though, the rumors started in my home town forums a couple of years ago. We all decided that we'd start to really keep up on and turn in threads that were abusive. After the Mods started taking them down is when it went viral.. We all know that it's rare when Mods join in on a really mundane thread.(Sometimes will, but it's rare). In this particular case they didn't and that's when a few haters started getting riled and decided that it must have been me, lol.

Not a bother. I liked this bird thread last year, specially the prepper advice that was started until it got hijacked. There is another thread on here that pops up occasionally about prepping and it's been ok so far.

I wish we could get back to some more of that thing on here once in a while. We all need all the helpful tidbits of advice we can gather because IT IS going to hit the fan eventually. Americans are much to spo8led with our easy lives..

We constantly see in the news how hated we are by other countries and we hear the rumors of impending attack against us almost daily. But it's just like a looming hurricane down south, they send warnings but people are so used to them that they rarely act in a manner that protects them adequately. Then when it's too late, they're lucky if they lived through it..

Bad days are coming. Those that don't prepare are going to either die or turn to crime in order to survive...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is the biggest azz in casey county persona... 41 min intrested 8
Senate Race 3 hr Grimes 12
Is it wrong ? 12 hr just saying 13
sallies owned by people from india? (Jan '14) 13 hr Todd 57
Adult hangouts 14 hr Ronnie 13
Negativity, feuding, and divide & conquer tacti... 15 hr Food For Thought 1
Linda 22 hr just me 3
Liberty Dating
Find my Match

Liberty Jobs