Liberty Care Center
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Concerned

Lexington, KY

#1 Dec 9, 2008
Are they really taking care of of our family members?
u would be suprised.i have heared,some of the Aides talkn mean to family members,they tell them they will be right back to help them and it will take at least an hour befor anyone shows up.
been there

Roanoke, VA

#2 Dec 9, 2008
i have worked at liberty care center some of the aides are lazy but they never get help from the damn nurses RN'S and the LPN'S think they are to good to help the aides........they do need better help than what they got but they to start with the nurses.........i have been and aide for 8 years and worked different places and most places the nurses help the adies but not there...dont think i taking up for all the aides im not some of them need to be replaced as well...
self_respect

United States

#3 Dec 9, 2008
They need to be investigated then, or an on-site observation.
been there

Roanoke, VA

#4 Dec 9, 2008
theres one thing to that they always know when state is coming in...state calles first
wondering

Lexington, KY

#5 Dec 9, 2008
Do people really care enough to even visit family members enough in nursing homes to know what is going on. For a fact I have worked in a nursing home for years and there is alot of people that family don't even come around until they are near death or they stop in for a few minutes just to clear their mind so they say I went. Work in a nursing home and listen at how the people in their talk of family that they never see (it is heartbreaking). Yes, there are some that work in some places that don't treat the residents right but visit another nursing home and you would feel glad to know that your loved one is being took care of by the staff at LCC. I know I have visited several (just visiting elder friends) because they didn't have a family member to take the time out for them. We need to look at ourselves before trying to down someone else. Think about it who would take care of them? Not you or they wouldn't be in there in the first place.
RaRa

United States

#6 Dec 9, 2008
State does not usually call in before they make visits...every year they do surveys at every facility and when they hit one facility they generally call the others to tell them they have been there so people start getting prepared. I have worked in nursing homes for the past 7 years including Liberty. It is a shame to say that there are some people at these places that just don't give a crap but I like to think that the ones who truely care try to make up for it. Most places you work see the ones that arn't doing their job and they get rid of them. If you are not going to work to do everything you can to take care of the residents then find a new line of work. It's also a shame to say that most of the residents in these places don't have family that come to see them as often as they should and some don't have any at all...and what is truely sick is the residents that have been turned over to the state that have family and the family just don't want to fool with them, again making it our job as people working in the nursing feild to make up for that. Part of it is not only making sure that they are clean and fed and have what they need, but to take care of them the same way you would if it was your mother, father, grandparent ect...
toobad

Lexington, KY

#7 Dec 9, 2008
quit crying about it on here if your so concern and report them
Hotline

Dayton, OH

#8 Dec 9, 2008
1-800-752-6200
calls can even be made anonymously
wondering

Lexington, KY

#9 Dec 9, 2008
concerned are you really concerned or trying to cover up for your own faults?
lol

Versailles, KY

#10 Dec 9, 2008
I have worked at a nursing home for several years. I have seen some good aids and some good nurses. I think if the aids can't do there jobs they should look into another line of work. The nurses have there job to do if they wanted to work as an aid they wouldn't have went to nursing school. As for the familys who complain so much most of the time it is because they feel guilty because after there parents have cared for them and raised them they just don't seem to have the time to take care of their parents. I guess they have more important things to do than to come and see their family. Its always the families who only come in a few times a year who complain the most. If you don't feel your family member is getting quality care maybe you should take them home and take care of them yourself.
Hard work

Byron, GA

#11 Dec 9, 2008
lol wrote:
I have worked at a nursing home for several years. I have seen some good aids and some good nurses. I think if the aids can't do there jobs they should look into another line of work. The nurses have there job to do if they wanted to work as an aid they wouldn't have went to nursing school. As for the familys who complain so much most of the time it is because they feel guilty because after there parents have cared for them and raised them they just don't seem to have the time to take care of their parents. I guess they have more important things to do than to come and see their family. Its always the families who only come in a few times a year who complain the most. If you don't feel your family member is getting quality care maybe you should take them home and take care of them yourself.
I totally AGREE!If u havent worked in this field,u have no idea.Its hard,and also sad to see ppl that nobody comes to visit.Especially around christmas,and families are coming,and some have nobody.Everyone should visit a nursing home sometime,Then you will treat Nurses better.
LCC Employee

Lexington, KY

#12 Dec 10, 2008
I am an aide at Liberty care center and I agree with HARD WORK...... because it is just that HARD WORK. If you have not ever worked as an aide you have NO IDEA what goes in to caring for these people. Think about this: there are 5 to 6 aides on the floor on first shift. Residents have showers that need to be given and many need assistance in using the restroom. If you are standing there and hear an aide say I'll be right back when a resident or family member asks for something, more often then not, something much more important came up that needed immediate attention. Unfortunately we do forget sometimes. I doubt anyone here can say they have never forgotten to do something at work or at home or for a loved one. Secondly there is a reason most of our residents are in our facility, the task of caring for them at home was to difficult! Nurse aides are NOT given the credit they deserve, PERIOD!!!! I can only speak for myself in saying that i give 110 percent to my residents. Lastly THANKS BE TO GOD that i do not have to prove anything I have said just now. Jesus Christ Himself watches me each day as I provide care for the elderly, and I will wait to retain my reward from Him.
stupid people

United States

#13 Dec 10, 2008
Concerned wrote:
Are they really taking care of of our family members?
u would be suprised.i have heared,some of the Aides talkn mean to family members,they tell them they will be right back to help them and it will take at least an hour befor anyone shows up.
well if u feel that way then take your family member to a diff. place i think liberty care center is a good place my grandma is there she is very happy im in there every weekend and i see all the girls working there butts off
Concerned

Lexington, KY

#14 Dec 11, 2008
wondering wrote:
concerned are you really concerned or trying to cover up for your own faults?
I'm not covering up anything,I have family in there,I'm also an Aide.if it was up to me my family would not b there.but they have a POA and there isn't anything i can do about it.
ridiculous

Lexington, KY

#15 Dec 12, 2008
OMG!!!!!!!! you come on here and run aides at liberty care center in the ground instead of reporting to state or someone who could actually do something about it!!!!!!!!!! you say you are an aide yourself, OK then you should know you are LEGALLY responsible to report neglect or abuse (whether verbal or physical,AND whether you actually seen it or only suspect it) to state YOURSELF, by NOT doing so YOU are as guilty as the people YOU are accusing of doing it!!!!!!!! can anyone say PATHETIC? you are just someone that has no life and wants to run other people in the ground. if you are really an aide then go get a job at liberty care center and see if you can do any better then they do. judging by you making this post on topix instead of reporting this matter I think you should be ashamed.
Concerned

Lexington, KY

#16 Dec 13, 2008
ridiculous wrote:
OMG!!!!!!!! you come on here and run aides at liberty care center in the ground instead of reporting to state or someone who could actually do something about it!!!!!!!!!! you say you are an aide yourself, OK then you should know you are LEGALLY responsible to report neglect or abuse (whether verbal or physical,AND whether you actually seen it or only suspect it) to state YOURSELF, by NOT doing so YOU are as guilty as the people YOU are accusing of doing it!!!!!!!! can anyone say PATHETIC? you are just someone that has no life and wants to run other people in the ground. if you are really an aide then go get a job at liberty care center and see if you can do any better then they do. judging by you making this post on topix instead of reporting this matter I think you should be ashamed.
FYI,I have reported a few things,and it somehow always gets covered up.i do have a life,I do have a job!I will not ever work at LCC,from what everyone says they can't keep help.why would i wanta work there?I have a good job,where i'm at.make more money than the aides at LCC,I have nothing to be ashamed of, I take care of my residents.i really don't care what u think,Did I hit a nerve or what?
ridiculous

Lexington, KY

#17 Dec 13, 2008
Well that makes 2 of us because i really could care less what you think. and um obviously you DONT have a life because you spend your free time running LCC in the mudd, and if something really was happening, Im quite sure state would take care of it, that is if you properly reported it.(FYI: topix.com is not state) and speaking of hitting a nerve, did you have a little numb feelin there? cause you sure are trying to cover it up now that no one has jumped on your bandwagon.
Former Worker

Brownsville, TN

#18 Dec 14, 2008
Concerned I totaly agree with you . I to used to work there. would not ever work there again.It is not just the Aids it is also the so call Nurse's that set on their A$$ and to nothing to help those people
its hard

Versailles, KY

#19 Dec 14, 2008
i dont think anyone can say anything unless they have worked in there... i worked there for over a year and yeah sometimes we had our bad days but everyone i worked with INCLUDING NURSES almost cared more about the residents than they did there own family...its hard to b with someone all the time and not get attached, i took care of those people as if they were my loved ones...u cant just work there and b mean to them its impossible... when u sit there and talk to them its like they take over your heart...maybe the familys that think there loved ones are getting mistreated should think b4 they speak b/c as much as they love those people there just as much like our family as they are yours
shelia franklin

Lexington, KY

#20 Dec 26, 2008
ridiculous wrote:
Well that makes 2 of us because i really could care less what you think. and um obviously you DONT have a life because you spend your free time running LCC in the mudd, and if something really was happening, Im quite sure state would take care of it, that is if you properly reported it.(FYI: topix.com is not state) and speaking of hitting a nerve, did you have a little numb feelin there? cause you sure are trying to cover it up now that no one has jumped on your bandwagon.
I don't care if anyone jumps on my bandwagon or not,This is a place for people to state there opinons, and that is what i was doing.if u don;t like what i say,then don;t fet on this forum,It's that simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brad Vaughn 1 hr Thetruth 17
Jeff Griffin 3 hr Nasty 15
cheerleading 6 hr dang 8
Days of our Lives 14 hr ERIC 11
hardees 16 hr well 2
casey county boys basketball (Dec '14) 23 hr Go home rebels 41
Neyse Richardson Fri Reuel 5

Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages