who decides when school is called off...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jimmy

Methuen, MA

#25 Jan 13, 2011
Good luck, "think about it", I tried to discuss this with them too but they don't understand.
Sunshine

Oxford, OH

#26 Jan 13, 2011
Man, THINK ABOUT IT" - you seem to know everything! I'm impressed, NOT! LOL and NO, THE GOVERNMENT DEFINITELY DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF ME!
Poopie do

United States

#27 Jan 13, 2011
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, who do you think the person that makes the decision to call off school works for?
the school!!
Poopie do

United States

#28 Jan 13, 2011
Jimmy wrote:
Good luck, "think about it", I tried to discuss this with them too but they don't understand.
"Jimmy" so far everything I have ever read what you say in any comment you are a jackass :) I also think you must spend all day everyday on here making comments about every sunject... get a real job.. or if your at work maybe your boss should know you spend all day on here and it should be brought up on the "audit"
FC vs UC

Cornell, WI

#29 Jan 13, 2011
Franklin County does close school much more often than Union County, but the two counties are not comparible. The hills and curves of some (a lot) of the FC roads are treacherous in good weather, let alone with snow on the road. Heck, look at the difference in the highways even. You cannot compare the decisions made by the superintendents of these two school systems.
On a side note, I don't think superindendents make decisions based on whether or not they are going to lose some of their summer vacation. They do not get the entire summer off like teachers and students. Administration works most of the summer.
agree

Bloomsburg, PA

#31 Jan 13, 2011
and i will keep posting that for the world to see....over and over
oks

Waterloo, Canada

#32 Jan 13, 2011
Wow [email protected] [email protected] [email protected], people will cry if school was closed and they will cry because they didn't close! That's why everyone has opinions!

Although I did like the comment of growing up a nation full of babies! I agree totally! I can remember when I was kid you didn't cry, whine, talk back, or disrespect an adult! Now days every kid whines, cried, disrespects, and talks back like its going out of style! I think bring back the good ole paddling in school and using a belt instead of grounding would make this baby nation in the works realize what it was like in our days!
Goddess

Elkhart, IN

#33 Jan 13, 2011
Back in my day, I had to walk to school uphill both ways, carrying my sister. Snow or no snow (except for the Blizzard of '78) we went to school. Neighboring towns may have closed, but not mine. We were tough. And we feared the paddle, didn't talk back, got in trouble if we "tattled" and obeyed our parents.
Jimmy

Methuen, MA

#34 Jan 13, 2011
Being "wacked" by Mr. Blevens made me the man I am today. However, If I had know then what I know now, I would have enjoyed the "spankings" I got from Mrs. Bales or Mrs. Jordan a little more.

I too walked to school as I lived in town then. Everyone who lived in town walked to school. Now, parents drive to school and drop off thier precious little children and cause a Giant cluster fuck every morning. We walked to and from school starting in the first grade and it wasn't because momma didn't love us, it is because kids were more responsible back then.

As for you, "poopie doo", I am a Jackass and proud of it. If you don't like what I say, take a side and enjoy the conversation. Don't just stand back and call people names, it makes you look like a baby.
Yep

Dayton, OH

#35 Jan 13, 2011
Jimmy wrote:
Being "wacked" by Mr. Blevens made me the man I am today. However, If I had know then what I know now, I would have enjoyed the "spankings" I got from Mrs. Bales or Mrs. Jordan a little more.
I too walked to school as I lived in town then. Everyone who lived in town walked to school. Now, parents drive to school and drop off thier precious little children and cause a Giant cluster fuck every morning. We walked to and from school starting in the first grade and it wasn't because momma didn't love us, it is because kids were more responsible back then.
As for you, "poopie doo", I am a Jackass and proud of it. If you don't like what I say, take a side and enjoy the conversation. Don't just stand back and call people names, it makes you look like a baby.
I would just like to point out that today's world is a lot different than 80 years ago. Back in the "old days" children could walk to school without fear. Today we must protect our children from the sick f*cks who like to snatch up little kids, rape and kill them. We all know that Liberty and College Corner is full of sex offenders. Times have changed. && not too mention this has nothing to do with who makes the choice to call off school for snow.
Jimmy

Methuen, MA

#36 Jan 13, 2011
I am talking about the 70's, when I walked to school. I agree that times have changed, but not at the same speed that we have become overprotective. We are raising our children as if all the bad things that could happen have actually happened. I can't help but think that in another 50 years, we will raise our kids in plastic bubbles for fear they might break. Is is good for Man or Man Kind for us to raise our children parinoid that something bad is going to happen. Todays kids are not as tough as we were and I fear for our future when 15 year old can't tie their own shoes, have never been spanked and still want their mommy when they get a boo boo. Man up, Pussies. It was a little snow, not a blizzard.
i know

Huntington, IN

#37 Jan 13, 2011
With sick freaks out here taking children and selling them for prostatution an what not, there is no such thing as to protective idiot.
Jimmy

Methuen, MA

#39 Jan 14, 2011
i know wrote:
With sick freaks out here taking children and selling them for prostatution an what not, there is no such thing as to protective idiot.
I'm pretty sure the damage is done with your kid. Seems he is being raised by a moron. If you want to protect your family, buy a book and learn to write "an what not."

So, if we let our kids go to school when it is snowing, they could get takin and sold for prostatution an what not. How many snow days did your school have before your grag e ate ed from the 3rd grade?
l know

Huntington, IN

#41 Jan 14, 2011
Im talking about children walking to school idiot. You really do think you know it all. So what if a parent want's to drive thier children to school. WTF is it to you jerk. It's obvious you don't work so it's not going to make you late. My kid's grades are fine. Sound's to me like your's are beaten.
LES

United States

#42 Jan 16, 2011
I'm going to have to agree that all the parents picking up their children after school causes a big mess.
i know

Huntington, IN

#43 Jan 16, 2011
Better to be safe than sorry.
lol

Dayton, OH

#44 Jan 17, 2011
LES wrote:
I'm going to have to agree that all the parents picking up their children after school causes a big mess.
The entire school is a cluster f*ck so why would you expect anything different?
usa-1

Richmond, IN

#45 Jan 17, 2011
You could always just keep your kids at home if you think its unsafe for them to walk or ride the bus when the weather is bad. Did anyone ever think of that ideal?
lenny adams

Bangor, ME

#48 Mar 19, 2013
we already grew a nation of babys, they are all on here. Grow up and accept that you are not always going to agree with what others say and do. ITS PART OF LIFE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
911 Director Fired 6 min Tell us more more... 9
Alexis Wylie and Rowdy 1 hr Boo 15
Who is Richard Provlone Sleet? 1 hr Professor Clump 4
Wooder has that city offical swagger 1 hr Professor Clump 2
Wooder is ride or die for Connersville 2 hr Professor Clump 2
Wooder aka Richard Sleet aka Richard Provolone ... 2 hr Professor Clump 2
Wooder Luther King Jr 2 hr Professor Clump 4

Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages