Punks who destroyed Liberty's Cemetery
how

Richmond, IN

#27 Jun 14, 2011
one who has been there wrote:
well the parents of these kids need to be held accountable for not keeping a better eye on their kids and then maybe they can teah their kids respect. This is so disrespectful. Let them wash and clean every tombstone in the cemetery and make them pay for the one that can be fixed. Teach them they can't destroy other peoples things.My grandparents have had several things stolen off of their grave sites. Flowers, plaques, figurines etc. When they found out who it was thats what they made them do wash head stones and clean the cemetery.
How do you know its kids? Why not blame an adult. From what I seen it either was quite a few kids or maybe a couple of adults most likely drinking or on drugs. No one in there right mind would do this.
reported

Richmond, IN

#28 Jun 14, 2011
This thread has been reported, putting peoples names on here saying they did this crime is a crime. For all you cell phone posters yours will be the easiest to find out who you are, this can be damaging to the person or persons you are naming. Threatening another is a crime , just as destroying property is. Let the police do there job and quit playing detective.
think

Richmond, IN

#30 Jun 15, 2011
maybe it was the kids that mother is always out either drinking, tanning, and posting on topix. She acts like she knows what her kids are doing,really I don't think so. Quit blaming others for your kids mistakes. I think it is funny how you all of a sudden talking you always know where your kids are, now that they have been blamed for 3 incidents in the last couple of months.
nope

United States

#31 Jun 15, 2011
reported wrote:
This thread has been reported, putting peoples names on here saying they did this crime is a crime. For all you cell phone posters yours will be the easiest to find out who you are, this can be damaging to the person or persons you are naming. Threatening another is a crime , just as destroying property is. Let the police do there job and quit playing detective.
In what state is that a crime? Defamation....slander...? I think not.
furious

Euclid, OH

#32 Jun 16, 2011
Really? Knocking over the headstone of a loved one is no different than walking into the home of those left behind and tearing up pictures of that person lying there for eternity. It is a crime and should be punishable to the fullest extent according to the law. To those affected by this atrocity, my sincere apologies. To those that committed this crime, I doubt there is punishment enough for your actions, but it is up to the law to decide what that will be.
Fred

Liberty, IN

#33 Jun 16, 2011
Saw in The Liberty Herald today that anyone wanting to make a monetary donation for repair & recovery of the cemetery may do so by mailing a donation to : West Point Cemetery Association
P.O. Box 9
Liberty, IN 47353

I plan on doing so, hope others will also.
Cyber Uncle

Delphi, IN

#34 Jun 18, 2011
Fred wrote:
wtf - I don't understand your post. On the one hand you condemn the cemetery destruction, then on the other hand you blame our hypocritical community for not permitting anything to come here and occupy our children's time. Which is it? Who needs to open their eyes & pocketbooks? What needs to be done? BE SPECIFIC-What are your solutions?
When you say think about the whole community & not just themselves & their pocket books, are you referring to the pocket books of the families who are going to have to pay to repair the headstones of their loved ones? Enlighten me.
he was thinking on both sides of the story. it's what people do when they try to judge an act fairly and try to reduce bias.

I think he was trying to say that the people who decides what businesses can be place in this town need to think about everyone in the county, since most of the people in the commitee are business owners themselves.

also why does he need to say solutions? he was just stating his opinion on the problem, not trying to problem solve.

also your second paragraph is very redundant and has already been explained in your first paragraph. it does not really need to be repeated. but just for the lawlz, no he did not mean the pocket books of the families.

it's seriously not hard to understand. I'm surprised you had so much trouble....
Jimmy

Thorntown, IN

#35 Jun 18, 2011
Cyber Uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
he was thinking on both sides of the story. it's what people do when they try to judge an act fairly and try to reduce bias.
I think he was trying to say that the people who decides what businesses can be place in this town need to think about everyone in the county, since most of the people in the commitee are business owners themselves.
also why does he need to say solutions? he was just stating his opinion on the problem, not trying to problem solve.
also your second paragraph is very redundant and has already been explained in your first paragraph. it does not really need to be repeated. but just for the lawlz, no he did not mean the pocket books of the families.
it's seriously not hard to understand. I'm surprised you had so much trouble....
Name ONE business that tried to come here and was stopped! This topic of commitee stopping businesses drives me nuts. If anyone wanted to start a business in any of the empty downtown stores, the only thing stopping them is money. You rent the spot, clean it up and open up. Who is going to stop you?
lol

Richmond, IN

#36 Jun 18, 2011
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Name ONE business that tried to come here and was stopped! This topic of commitee stopping businesses drives me nuts. If anyone wanted to start a business in any of the empty downtown stores, the only thing stopping them is money. You rent the spot, clean it up and open up. Who is going to stop you?
Try to open a fast food place like mc Donalds or taco bell and see who trys to stop you, they will put restrictions and and lots of other red tape to go though
really

United States

#37 Jun 18, 2011
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to open a fast food place like mc Donalds or taco bell and see who trys to stop you, they will put restrictions and and lots of other red tape to go though
This town can't support anything other than a mom and pop operation and that's why we don't have anything like that now.
Wahmbulance

Chicago, IL

#38 Jun 18, 2011
What ever happened to the dairy farm did they drive them away, and wasn't there a fast food place that was trying
Jealous much

Lafayette, IN

#39 Jun 18, 2011
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the German company that wanted to buy a lot of land and employ a lot of people??? Truth hurts. Businesses don't bother with liberty anymore
Jimmy

Thorntown, IN

#40 Jun 18, 2011
That german company wanted to have a giant farm that would ruin our water supply with crap runoff. McDonalds looked into it and realized that there is nobody in Liberty in the winter. Who stopped Subway? Who would stop a Taco Bell? Still, everyone wants to blame the town concil or the phantom business people but the truth is, there arent enough people spending money in Liberty. Any one of those empty buildings in Liberty could be filled with a business. All it takes is someone willing to risk their money to find out that people will go to oxford Walmart to buy it for 10 cents less. Look at how many people that are willing to spend $8 in gas to save 15 cents a gallon.

You still havent named any business that the phantom council has stopped. Fact is, the phantom doesnt exist. Their is nothing stopping you from opening up a business in Liberty except you.
Goddess

Plainfield, IL

#41 Jun 19, 2011
Jimmy wrote:
That german company wanted to have a giant farm that would ruin our water supply with crap runoff. McDonalds looked into it and realized that there is nobody in Liberty in the winter. Who stopped Subway? Who would stop a Taco Bell? Still, everyone wants to blame the town concil or the phantom business people but the truth is, there arent enough people spending money in Liberty. Any one of those empty buildings in Liberty could be filled with a business. All it takes is someone willing to risk their money to find out that people will go to oxford Walmart to buy it for 10 cents less. Look at how many people that are willing to spend $8 in gas to save 15 cents a gallon.
You still havent named any business that the phantom council has stopped. Fact is, the phantom doesnt exist. Their is nothing stopping you from opening up a business in Liberty except you.
I personally am waiting, with great faith, on the economy to rise again. With unemployment being around 10% or higher and businesses closing every day, it just has to get better soon. Our country recovered from the great depression, and it will recover from this too. It would be so great if there were some new businesses in the Liberty Square or in any of the empty stores.
Sammy

Schaumburg, IL

#42 Jun 19, 2011
I heard the police took a couple teens in for questioning. Has anybody heard anything about this
crazy

Richmond, IN

#43 Jun 20, 2011
I wonder if they will ever catch these people?
bambi

Valparaiso, IN

#44 Jun 21, 2011
crazy wrote:
I wonder if they will ever catch these people?
lets all hope and pray they do
Anonymous

Burgaw, NC

#45 Jun 21, 2011
Wahmbulance wrote:
What ever happened to the dairy farm did they drive them away, and wasn't there a fast food place that was trying
dairy queen is hardly trying, damn thing burnt down! lol apparently good ole pete got sick of this town too.
curious

Tennyson, TX

#46 Jun 21, 2011
Sammy wrote:
I heard the police took a couple teens in for questioning. Has anybody heard anything about this
I've heard several names mentioned, but only gossip. If it's who I've been told it is, they have been in other trouble recently. Hopefully who ever it is will confess, if not, I hope they get caught one way or the other.
curious

Tennyson, TX

#47 Jun 21, 2011
Jimmy wrote:
What does any of this have to do with the cemetary?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Meyers Cars 1 hr Donald Sutherland 18
Indy 500 3 hr Yadda Yadda 1
Eddie Derringer 3 hr Citizen 4
Shaina newsome 4 hr Nabird 22
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 5 hr Vector aka Victor... 8,706
six letter word game (Jan '15) 5 hr Vector aka Victor... 1,338
Three Word Phrase - Game (May '13) 5 hr Vector aka Victor... 4,137

Liberty Jobs

Personal Finance

Liberty Mortgages