Marengo, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

Judged:

Let this be a warning to the PUNKS who destroyed the cemetery in Liberty and knocked over my fatherís tombstone! You better pray that the cops find you before I do! I hope you rot in hell for what you have done. I can not think of anything so disrespectful and hateful to the people buried there and their families. I hope you get what is coming to you!
such disrespect

Palmyra, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

Judged:

i agree
Wahmbulance

Allenton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

When did this happen
Unbelievable

Marengo, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

It happened sometime Friday night. I was told about it Saturday afternoon.
Unbelievable

Marengo, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

From what I was told and seen down there, they knocked over around 100 tombstones and broke a bunch of them. They destroyed some of the old tall tombstones. They can never replace these. Such a disgrace.
Jimmy

Rushville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

Judged:

I hope you find them first too. If I hear anything I will post it here first. Hope the losers that did that rot in hell.
boo who

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

Judged:

YOU will be caught i hope it was someone from another town i would be ashamed to live in a place that has cowards and vermen that would do something like this
Disgusting

Oxford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

Judged:

This is horrible...and definitely one of the most disrespectful things someone can do! I hope the little punks get caught too...shameful. As stated, some of these tombstones cannot be replicated or replaced. Plus, tombstones are markers and have just as much sentimental values to family as they do importance and recgonition to the ones who have passed. I empathize with the families who have to deal with this ridiculous situation.
Fred

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Disgraceful. I can't understand how anyone gets their jollies by doing something like this. Hope they are caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law and held financially (parents also, if applicable) responsible. The only saving grace is we know that our local Barneys, Gomers, & Goobers are on top of the situation.
Bill

Spiceland, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

When they are caught, I am sure we will hear that it would not have happened if kids had something to do in Liberty.
Fred

Loogootee, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Bill - You are probably right. I guess that is as good an excuse as any. God forbid anyone take responsibility for their own actions. Society's fault, right?

Since: Apr 11

Fairfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

Wow what pathetic punks, nothing better to do than to be disrespectful and destructive. I'm sure in the end they will be caught and how the justice system works these days whether we like it or not, they will get a slap on the wrist and community service! I hope they go to the big mans jail. They might get whats coming to them in there. Hell I'm sure that even the criminals locked in their, would find it disrespectful and "hard to swallow"! Maybe not the last choice of words i was looking for. I may have went over the top or not even close! What do you think?
one who has been there

Brownstown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

well the parents of these kids need to be held accountable for not keeping a better eye on their kids and then maybe they can teah their kids respect. This is so disrespectful. Let them wash and clean every tombstone in the cemetery and make them pay for the one that can be fixed. Teach them they can't destroy other peoples things.My grandparents have had several things stolen off of their grave sites. Flowers, plaques, figurines etc. When they found out who it was thats what they made them do wash head stones and clean the cemetery.
one who has been there

Brownstown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

teach
wtf

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Fred wrote:
Bill - You are probably right. I guess that is as good an excuse as any. God forbid anyone take responsibility for their own actions. Society's fault, right?
what these punks did is totally disrespectful and disgusting no excuse. I am not making excuses for these punks in no way shape or form but this little hypocritical town that we all live in will not permit anything in our town for our community for the children to occupy the time with. the people that speak for our community need to get your head out of their ass and open their eyes and think about the whole community and not just themselves and their pocket books!!!
Goddess

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

Was it a senior prank gone bad?

I remember a boy who for his senior prank decided to spray paint "Class of 79" on the high school. And the ultimate prank is when the kids steal all the real estate signs and put them at the high school. Now, that's funny.
Fred

Redkey, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

wtf - I don't understand your post. On the one hand you condemn the cemetery destruction, then on the other hand you blame our hypocritical community for not permitting anything to come here and occupy our children's time. Which is it? Who needs to open their eyes & pocketbooks? What needs to be done? BE SPECIFIC-What are your solutions?
When you say think about the whole community & not just themselves & their pocket books, are you referring to the pocket books of the families who are going to have to pay to repair the headstones of their loved ones? Enlighten me.
libertyresident7 272

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

I think whom ever done this will get theirs for destroying property that costs alot of money and some were so old that they will never be replaced..some of my family and friends stones were some that they destroyed, I agree with others you better hope that the police find you before some of the others that are very upset about this crime that has hurt alot of people. I dont think people realize you will get paid back for things that you do in your life!!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

This is the lowest form of human being, when they catch whoever has disrespected our families I hope that their names are printed for all to see and they are punished to the fullest extent of the law.
We leave our love one there to rest in peace, they are our family. I feel sick to know that we have people like this in UC, but they will get them.
Curious

Harrison, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Has anyone found out who did all the damage or was present while it was going on?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holly's Homestyle Eats and Sweets Tue please do 10
Wendell Bias is a Moron! (Nov '12) Aug 17 doubt it 23
which sheriff canidiate (Feb '14) Aug 16 Voter 45
Married Union County Coroner spotted during the... Aug 16 Coo Coo 13
Emily Moore (Jan '12) Aug 16 Herka Litorus 14
place to rent Aug 16 rose 1
Whats going in the building they are fixing up ... Aug 13 Townie 2

Search the Liberty Forum:
•••
•••