Council VP: Paperwork issues led to Liberty officer's firing

Aug 12, 2012 Full story: Palladium-Item

The termination of a 14-year veteran of the Liberty Police Department occurred after a public complaint about his handling of an arrest in March.

Full Story
cha ching

Liberty, IN

#1 Aug 14, 2012
if i were the parents of that child i would sue the town of liberty, Russ, the sheriffs dept. that is called filing a false report, defamation of character,slander. why do you think they fired him? they are hoping this goes away quietly.
lets get it right

Connersville, IN

#2 Aug 14, 2012
ha ha ha
goforit

Liberty, IN

#3 Aug 14, 2012
lets get it right wrote:
ha ha ha
and your point???
Tommy

Palmyra, IN

#4 Aug 14, 2012
cha ching wrote:
if i were the parents of that child i would sue the town of liberty, Russ, the sheriffs dept. that is called filing a false report, defamation of character,slander. why do you think they fired him? they are hoping this goes away quietly.
He was fired because the prosecutor said he would not take anymore cases Russ was involved in. That means Russ can no longer be a police officer.
UC Resident

Connersville, IN

#5 Aug 14, 2012
cha ching wrote:
Russ did not work for the sheriff's department. He worked for the city police department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dead body 16 min Anonymous_User 105
Why the 1950s were the best time in American hi... (May '09) 27 min Annasoucek2012 40
Dr Landry 1 hr Sally 5
Heroin 1 hr Cold Carol 12
wreck on 44 this morning 10 hr Condolences 5
Does anyone know Colleen Thompson? (Jul '10) Thu ketchup 10
looking for a few people Nov 26 union county 5
Liberty Dating
Find my Match

Liberty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Liberty News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Liberty

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:19 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:19PM
Robert Griffin III Comments on Being Benched by Redskins HC Jay Gruden
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Complete Bengals Preview for Bucs Game
NBC Sports 7:26 AM
Griffin's departure from starting lineup could be temporary
NBC Sports 8:58 AM
Vontaze Burfict not taking part in Friday practice