Looking for farm to coyote hunt

Posted in the Liberty Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of106
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hunter

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 20, 2013
 
Im looking for any farmers that would give me written permission to hunt for coyotes on their land until turkey season comes in in April. I would be willing to not use rifle or shotgun, could do bow only and no tree stands to keep risk minimal. Also have forms from DNR to grant permission and to allow farmer to not be liable for any accidents or injuries. Im a 30 year old male, postal worker with days off during the week, trying to find something to do while I wait on turkey season to come in. All help is greatly appreciated
Why

Palmyra, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Why would you want to hunt coyotes? Do you eat coyotes? I really dont understand, It doesnt sound like a bunch of farmers are up in arms about coyotes killing the farm animals. So what gives? Sport hunting is wrong, so if you are not consuming the animal or trying to stop farm animal massacre you should not just kill it for fun.
facts

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 20, 2013
 
Maybe because they are killing all his turkey?
hunter

South Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Why wrote:
Why would you want to hunt coyotes? Do you eat coyotes? I really dont understand, It doesnt sound like a bunch of farmers are up in arms about coyotes killing the farm animals. So what gives? Sport hunting is wrong, so if you are not consuming the animal or trying to stop farm animal massacre you should not just kill it for fun.
You clearly have no idea how devastating and dangerous they are and are a PETA type of person, please educate yourself and stay off my post thanks
Hunter

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

facts wrote:
Maybe because they are killing all his turkey?
Not really killing the turkeys I hunt but they kill livestock, deer, peoples pets, etc. I love hunting and I will always hunt despite what idiots say that dont have a clue. If people had a clue what things like certain fish, plants and animals do, especially those that are non native, varmints, or predators then they would sing a different tune when it comes to hunting them.
Why

Palmyra, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly have no idea how devastating and dangerous they are and are a PETA type of person, please educate yourself and stay off my post thanks
Bullcrap most of the time they roam the country feeding on rabbits, rodents or others natural prey. Ive havent heard of too many coyotes attacks around here. It is their land they are native to this area long before you came along. Why dont you just put up a post asking if you can hunt pitbull in somebodys back yard with your mighty bow as they are more of a threat to other pets and children. You also admitted you just needed something to do until turkey season so all this justification for wiping out the coyote is just a smokescreen to satisfy your sick and perverted need to kill something. Real men hunt to feed the family, not go out and kill for fun and bragging rights.
hunter

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Why wrote:
<quoted text> Bullcrap most of the time they roam the country feeding on rabbits, rodents or others natural prey. Ive havent heard of too many coyotes attacks around here. It is their land they are native to this area long before you came along. Why dont you just put up a post asking if you can hunt pitbull in somebodys back yard with your mighty bow as they are more of a threat to other pets and children. You also admitted you just needed something to do until turkey season so all this justification for wiping out the coyote is just a smokescreen to satisfy your sick and perverted need to kill something. Real men hunt to feed the family, not go out and kill for fun and bragging rights.
Wow really now your bringing lousy pitbull owners into this. Coyotes were really here and in numbers till the 70s and their numbers keep going up. Do a search for coyote attacks on pets and ones that try to attack humans. Ive seen them on Western Avenue before. Numbers need controlled. You are clearly uneducated and have nothing better to do then to troll on here looking for arguments.

http://www.wthr.com/story/19920258/coyote-att...

http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/greenwood-...

http://varmintal.com/attac.htm

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/parents-wa...

http://wildindiana.com/wps/2009/10/deadly-coy...

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story...

http://www.wthr.com/story/20233460/greenwood-...

I can keep posting stories like these all day... You have no idea and just need to avoid my post
hunter

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

They werent here in numbers till the 70s. Could you imagine how animals would take over if it werent for hunting. almost 200,000 dear were killed by hunters alone this past year, that number doesnt include ones involving run ins with cars, ones shot on farms, poached or ones that died of natural causes. Ive seen three deer in town in the past two years, one ran down 8th street right through town, one got hit on park road, one ran across third street i about hit it. So what if I like to hunt, kill or whatever you want to call it. When there is over 50000 coyotes in indiana now and they have 5 to 10 pups every year you do the math. Years from now when they start attacking more and breeding more with pet dogs then you'll be complaining even more.
Master Spanker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Actually, coyotes are not native to this area. They migrated from the west when overpopulation forced them to expand their teritory. Sure, they eat rabbits, and other rodents, but when was the last time you heard a quail whistle, or see a meadowlark? I haven't heard or seen either of these for years. Large birds like turkeys and geese can defend their ground nests, but the small birds can't.
When I lived out west, we had a name for pets that were let outside -- coyote food.
So, quit thinking the natural world is what disney says, but the real thing where the strong kill and eat the weak. All you PETA types have no idea what the natural world is like. Remember, when you wear anything of leather, or eat anything of plant or animal origin, something died to provide it. Yes, I count plants, too. They are also living things, so forget your vegan nonsense.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
Why

Palmyra, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow really now your bringing lousy pitbull owners into this. Coyotes were really here and in numbers till the 70s and their numbers keep going up. Do a search for coyote attacks on pets and ones that try to attack humans. Ive seen them on Western Avenue before. Numbers need controlled. You are clearly uneducated and have nothing better to do then to troll on here looking for arguments.
http://www.wthr.com/story/19920258/coyote-att...
http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/greenwood-...
http://varmintal.com/attac.htm
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/parents-wa...
http://wildindiana.com/wps/2009/10/deadly-coy...
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story...
http://www.wthr.com/story/20233460/greenwood-...
I can keep posting stories like these all day... You have no idea and just need to avoid my post
I will avoid nothing and it is rare that a coyote tries to attack humans unless you mess with their young or they are cornered. These stories are mostly because we are moving into their terrority like in Greenwood but I could come up with just as many pitbull attacks as your coyotes. I dont see you crusading to kill them ( pitbulls )off. The coyote vigilante Ha Ha Ha you are a loser.
Why

Palmyra, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Master Spanker wrote:
Actually, coyotes are not native to this area. They migrated from the west when overpopulation forced them to expand their teritory. Sure, they eat rabbits, and other rodents, but when was the last time you heard a quail whistle, or see a meadowlark? I haven't heard or seen either of these for years. Large birds like turkeys and geese can defend their ground nests, but the small birds can't.
When I lived out west, we had a name for pets that were let outside -- coyote food.
So, quit thinking the natural world is what disney says, but the real thing where the strong kill and eat the weak. All you PETA types have no idea what the natural world is like. Remember, when you wear anything of leather, or eat anything of plant or animal origin, something died to provide it. Yes, I count plants, too. They are also living things, so forget your vegan nonsense.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
You know nothing about me Monkey Spanker I lived out west- the Utah Wyoming border, 7100 elevation OK grizzly bear and grey wolf country I know wildlife and they didnt crusade to kill off all of wildlife up there even though a person or two has been killed before, you are both idiots
loves bacon

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 20, 2013
 
Me thinks "why"needs to go hug a tree....
interesting

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Why wrote:
<quoted text> I will avoid nothing and it is rare that a coyote tries to attack humans unless you mess with their young or they are cornered. These stories are mostly because we are moving into their terrority like in Greenwood but I could come up with just as many pitbull attacks as your coyotes. I dont see you crusading to kill them ( pitbulls )off. The coyote vigilante Ha Ha Ha you are a loser.
A coyote is top of the food chain. Its numbers cant be controlled by a more dominant predator. How do you suggest we control the number of coyotes?
LanaMorris

Liberty, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Stay off my farm you stupid fu<ker!!
they still are held

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 20, 2013
 
Lots of coyotes around Everton.
only I

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

It has long been known the coyote over population has all but destroyed the small game numbers. In time they will destroy the turkeys that have been turned lose in this area. The DNR has done a lousy job of wildlife management. I hope it isn't true but was told they have been populating this area with rattlesnakes. If true isn't that just plain dumb.
LanaMorris

Liberty, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

After the Dani the deer debacle, the DNR should be disbanded and replaced with an entity that will actually accomplish something! Getting rid of the testosterone bullies that run the DNR would be a good start!
LanaMorris

Liberty, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Why wrote:
Why would you want to hunt coyotes? Do you eat coyotes? I really dont understand, It doesnt sound like a bunch of farmers are up in arms about coyotes killing the farm animals. So what gives? Sport hunting is wrong, so if you are not consuming the animal or trying to stop farm animal massacre you should not just kill it for fun.
Great post!
farmer

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Coyotes are getting really bad. I think its a good thing that you are wanting to help get this under control. Screw what people say, good luck Hunter!
hunter

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Love how this turned into a huge argument when all i was trying to do is find some coyote hunting ground. until you see the true facts and numbers and understand it all you guys have no clue about them and their potential. Get mad at me you should see the IPC in action. That stands for Indiana Predator Challenge. Its where groups of hunters go and see who can kill the most predator type animals. Go bark up their trees and see what they say to you. I wasnt looking for an argument. Trollers just have boring lives and think they know everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of106
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Liberty Discussions

Search the Liberty Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
25 year old 21 min ask 4
A conversation (Oct '13) 23 min Dances with Skunks 906
coroner 24 min curupt 25
theyre selling the dirt 1 hr Cnb 2
Tough Guys 18 hr hahaha 2
emergency at fairfield boat ramp 7/21 Mon queen h20 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Jul 19 Two Cents 84
•••
•••
•••
•••

Liberty Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Liberty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Liberty News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Liberty
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••