All FCS aids get hours cut!

Posted in the Liberty Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Concerned

Lynnville, IN

#1 Apr 10, 2013
Aids get hours cut because school system has to offer insurance if you work over thirty hours a week!I understand this however we make the least in school system ,seems other cuts could be made to give us a raise to compensate our pay.The money the school saves from all our cuts should be used to give us a raise. Actually the money would be used to pay our penalty for having no Insurance at end of year thanks to Obamacare!Hard to believe they actually have the kids interest at heart!
Really

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Apr 10, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Aids get hours cut because school system has to offer insurance if you work over thirty hours a week!I understand this however we make the least in school system ,seems other cuts could be made to give us a raise to compensate our pay.The money the school saves from all our cuts should be used to give us a raise. Actually the money would be used to pay our penalty for having no Insurance at end of year thanks to Obamacare!Hard to believe they actually have the kids interest at heart!
this is not good ! I hate to hear this. It's hard as it is having to take pay cuts and less hours is so unfair.
Buyer

Paris, TN

#3 Apr 10, 2013
You could get a new job? Your employer is not required to give you a certain number of hours. They have a budget as well. The real problem here is Obama. Ask yourself how Obamacare affected you. Switch jobs or deal with this. It will make every one part time employees eventually everywhere even the factories. It is a matter of time. All people will work two jobs. and still not have insurance.
Whatever

Thorntown, IN

#4 Apr 10, 2013
Buyer wrote:
You could get a new job? Your employer is not required to give you a certain number of hours. They have a budget as well. The real problem here is Obama. Ask yourself how Obamacare affected you. Switch jobs or deal with this. It will make every one part time employees eventually everywhere even the factories. It is a matter of time. All people will work two jobs. and still not have insurance.
Sounds like the rote admins put out while they sit back and take bigger stipends for cars, bonuses, and pay raises. Out of touch and unaffected so far. "Tighten your belt, eat less, cut some of your spending and you will be ok. Now give me a raise for saving money!"
Concerned

Lynnville, IN

#5 Apr 10, 2013
Buyer wrote:
I understand and yes it is Obamacare!However why can't others jobs higher up the chain take cuts too!I hear central office is getting new carpet soon if this is true does it really need new carpet?Should the top employees get 10-14000$ bonuses that the teachers and aids helped the children achieve...especially if they are getting a free car all insurance paid and A very generous salary!If all the central office folks took a small pay cut that really wouldn't impact them much and they actually paid the aids who care and work with the kids everyday then we could see the administrators actually putting the kids best interest at hearts!
Concerned

Lynnville, IN

#6 Apr 10, 2013
Where is the money from them closing Orange and Alquina?Why haven't they built on to Everton School like they said...which desperately needs more room since the new students from them closing the schools...the school has 1 bathroom with 5 or 6 stalls for all the students to share and the Library is now a Kindergarten room and you'll have to go outside to a portable library which is very inconvenient!Some states to don't even have to pay to sign your children up for school but here in Indiana you do and it is usually about 100$for elementary. Middle School and High School about 150$-300$ depending on classes chosen so where is this money?I am definitely attending the next school board meeting and would like for the School Board to break this all down precisely!Dealing with children should be honest and genuine and if there is any thing going on with the money that should be benefiting the kids I am asking some questions!!!!
Ridiculous

Granger, IN

#7 Apr 11, 2013
Other businesses in town are doing the same thing. Cutting hours due to insurance coverage. You can thank Obama care for this. I personally voted for him, but I am staunchly opposed to the government mandating insurance coverages. I will support any candidates regardless of political affiliation that will repeal the abomination that is Obama care.
oh my

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Apr 11, 2013
Hours and jobs have been cut since Bush was in office and the recession started in 2008. You just now complaining about lost wages? Oh that's right it just NOW happened to you. Like the old saying goes, your neighbor loses his job it's a recession. You lose your job, it's a depression. Have you been living under a rock? When there are no jobs in your community, it affects schools, businesses, hospital and so on and there will be cut backs in all sectors. In simple math : no jobs so people are moving - less students = loss of more jobs. Vicious circle.
Friday

Thorntown, IN

#9 Apr 12, 2013
oh my wrote:
Hours and jobs have been cut since Bush was in office and the recession started in 2008. You just now complaining about lost wages? Oh that's right it just NOW happened to you. Like the old saying goes, your neighbor loses his job it's a recession. You lose your job, it's a depression. Have you been living under a rock? When there are no jobs in your community, it affects schools, businesses, hospital and so on and there will be cut backs in all sectors. In simple math : no jobs so people are moving - less students = loss of more jobs. Vicious circle.
How insensitive. Your talking about something totally different. Not the same situation, not the same reasons, and not even nice of you if you cannot empathize with your neighbor. If you know how it is since 2008, then you should feel badly for someone else going through it. Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes.
Each person losing hours and money is a family that will suffer. Its not just about numbers of people and times this has happened, its about families affected, community and kids that suffer and big shots that just get richer on the backs of others. Sickening and sad.
Concerned

Lynnville, IN

#10 Apr 12, 2013
Friday wrote:
<quoted text>
How insensitive. Your talking about something totally different. Not the same situation, not the same reasons, and not even nice of you if you cannot empathize with your neighbor. If you know how it is since 2008, then you should feel badly for someone else going through it. Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes.
Each person losing hours and money is a family that will suffer. Its not just about numbers of people and times this has happened, its about families affected, community and kids that suffer and big shots that just get richer on the backs of others. Sickening and sad.
Thank you!That is the point why not the big shots take cuts also and they probably won't even feel the hurt!They say it is about the kids but when they are cutting Special Ed aids and other children how is it about the kids...as long there lifestyle is not affected they don't seem to care or at least have a funny way to show it! The school board has voted for the free cars and all the whistles and bells...time to talk the talk and make this about the childrens education like it is suppose to be!
observer

Grissom Afb, IN

#11 Apr 12, 2013
Aids getting hours cut may only be the START of ongoing efforts to trim costs. Much of the book buying, collecting of money from parents for school books etc, can be PRIVATIZED and done by outside contractors. The custodians can be replaced with private janitors saving costs there. The Fort Wayne schools do this. The let Servicemaster do custodian work in the school buildings. Recession ? When I worked at Visteon, under Clinton we worked 7 days a week. George Bush II gets in...down to 5 then the place CLOSED ! You tell me WHO started a " recession " ? Obama only inherited all the SHIT caused by BUSH !! NO AMERICAN should live in fear of getting sick and have NO insurance or access to quality healthcare. Is Obamacare perfect ? Certainly NO ! The tweaks will have to be ironed out as it goes along. Like Republican Speaker John Boehner said, " Obamacare is the law of the land" ! The Tea Party/Republicans do not have enough political MUSCLE to repeal it either !
get real

Louisville, KY

#12 Apr 12, 2013
OBSERVER do you realy think BUSH caused visteon to shut down.
oh my

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Apr 12, 2013
Friday wrote:
<quoted text>
It may have sounded insentive but wages and actual jobs have been cut for years. Was this FSCS aide complaining on here for the hundreds of jobs that were lost at Visteon? Was that person on here worried about any of them and how they were going to make it with NO job, not just lost wages. ALthough harsh but true, the aide has been living under a rock for the past 5 years. If you continue to lose jobs and people are moving out of the community, there are less kids going to school here. They cannot continue to keep the same amount of staff when the there has been major decreases in enrollment. They closed Alquina and Orange and didn't replace retired teachers the past few years so there have been staff reductions over the years. It's called attrition.

I do not agree with it and hate it but it's happening everywhere. If you want someone to blame, blame your local government for not being able to attract viable companies to locate to our community.
Concerned

Lynnville, IN

#14 Apr 12, 2013
oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
It may have sounded insentive but wages and actual jobs have been cut for years. Was this FSCS aide complaining on here for the hundreds of jobs that were lost at Visteon? Was that person on here worried about any of them and how they were going to make it with NO job, not just lost wages. ALthough harsh but true, the aide has been living under a rock for the past 5 years. If you continue to lose jobs and people are moving out of the community, there are less kids going to school here. They cannot continue to keep the same amount of staff when the there has been major decreases in enrollment. They closed Alquina and Orange and didn't replace retired teachers the past few years so there have been staff reductions over the years. It's called attrition.
I do not agree with it and hate it but it's happening everywhere. If you want someone to blame, blame your local government for not being able to attract viable companies to locate to our community.
Just a heads up no I have not been under a rock for the past 5 years and had family members affected by visteon closing ...and I do feel for all those whose lost jobs and took pay cuts...I just feel for the kids
Young Punk

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 12, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a heads up no I have not been under a rock for the past 5 years and had family members affected by visteon closing ...and I do feel for all those whose lost jobs and took pay cuts...I just feel for the kids
So, Let me get this right. You feel like the people that spent four years going to College and have student loans to pay back, Should take a pay cut to keep an Aid with no degree? I hate that anyone gets a cut! However, It should not be our four to six year teachers with a degrees!
CNA certified nurse

Connersville, IN

#16 Apr 12, 2013
You can always get a job wiping asses.
Concerned

Lynnville, IN

#17 Apr 12, 2013
Young Punk wrote:
<quoted text>So, Let me get this right. You feel like the people that spent four years going to College and have student loans to pay back, Should take a pay cut to keep an Aid with no degree? I hate that anyone gets a cut! However, It should not be our four to six year teachers with a degrees!
No if they do have the degree they should get the pay they deserve...but all the extra perks the School Board voted on for them is ridiculous like getting a free car free insurance 14000$ bonuses that the teachers and aids helped the children achieve ... Why not give the teachers the bonuses for good I-step scores they have degrees too....and FYI Fayette County Schools are now hiring only new teachers with no experience just to save money and give bonuses to the big shots...and how do you no I don't have a degree ...I happen to love working the children and feel like my job makes a difference in this crazy world we are living in!!!!
Concerned

Lynnville, IN

#18 Apr 12, 2013
CNA certified nurse wrote:
You can always get a job wiping asses.
I have a CNA license and have done this ,another job underpaid and under appreciated!
the RN

Connersville, IN

#19 Apr 12, 2013
Concerned wrote:
I have a CNA license and have done this ,another job underpaid and under appreciated!
Listen, dumbass, there is no such thing as a CNA license. What a CNA has is a certification. Please stop trying to pass your certification off as a license.

Now, get back to wiping asses. That's an order from someone with a license.
observer

Grissom Afb, IN

#20 Apr 12, 2013
CNA's could be victims of pending Indiana Sunset Laws coming in the next few years. In 2015, beauticians, barbers and auctioneers, to name a few, will no longer be licensed professions. After 2015, ANYBODY can be a barber or beautician. Real estate agents and brokers will be de-licensed the following year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denise phylum 1 hr LaLaLa 3
Biggest pos in town...GO!! 2 hr YO YO 9
Congrats, Michael75065, you've driven everybody... (Dec '12) 5 hr Michael 14
Country Club Apartments (Apr '10) 5 hr Michael 4
Michelle Keen Cramer Schoenfeld 7 hr Bonnie 6
fake nurse 8 hr ladybug 11
Needle Exchange 8 hr TaxPayer 5

Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance