OTs Dating Thread MIA
friend

Elkhart, IN

#17098 Mar 16, 2013
Indy, appreciate the info. How long before you can eat a regular meal? How long does the surgery take? Can you drink more then 64 oz a day. I drink alot of water. I need to lose around 50#. Thanks.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#17099 Mar 16, 2013
TMI wrote:
enough already!
if you don't shut up I will put a film on of the blood and gore to it all lol
In fact that's a good idea. Here it is.

Isn't it just like watching the godfather

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#17100 Mar 16, 2013
friend wrote:
Indy, appreciate the info. How long before you can eat a regular meal? How long does the surgery take? Can you drink more then 64 oz a day. I drink alot of water. I need to lose around 50#. Thanks.
after 9 to 15 weeks ---- Breakfast 2 ounces protein 1 starch
lunch 2 oz. protein 1 fruit
dinner 2 oz. protein 1 oz vegetable
4 months to 6 months---- breakfast 2 oz protein 2 starch
lunch 2 oz. protein 2 fruit
dinner 2 oz protein 2 vegetable
7 months to 9 months 3 oz. protein 2 starch
3 oz. protein 2 starch
3 oz. protein 2 starch
10 months to 12 months 4 oz protein 2 oz starch
4 oz. protein 2 oz fruit
4 oz protein 2 oz. vegetable
12 months to 18 months 4 oz. protein 3 oz starch
4 oz protein 3 oz fruit
4 oz protein 3 oz vegetable
18 months and beyond 4 oz protein 4 oz starch same for lunch except fruit and same for dinner except vegetable

Weeks 9 to 15 you will get past the pureed stage and can eat meats etc. like ham, turkey, chicken breast, pork chop.

The surgery took bout 2 hours and about 3 more in recovery

You can drink more than 54 oz. of liquid but remember you have to sip all day long to just get in 64 oz. your stomach is only 2.5 oz. You don't want to stretch it.

Now there is another surgery you can do and it is called "The Roux-en-Y surgery" Which in more invasive and for people who may need to lose more than 100 pounds.

Hope this helps

“CRUSADER FOR GOOD”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#17101 Mar 16, 2013
Indy , you are too funny putting that surgery on here ha ha.
Glad I got to see you today. Was nice talking to aunty and you.

Hey Lady River you are a true friend. Stand up for your friend. I love that in a person.

Friend, Indy will not stir you wrong. She will tell you the truth about this adventure. Hope you get a lot out of what she is saying. This has helped a lot of people even though it is a little scary.
Indy is a big chance taker and she just went with her gut feeling on this and is glad she did.
Indy and I laughed so much today that I was still laughing in the car on the way home.

Lady River again bless you and your family this coming week. Know you have your hands full but you know where you can leave things so all will be right. Bless you.

I still haven't cleaned up from supper.

Later Gators

“wanna dance?”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#17102 Mar 16, 2013
Thanks Daisy. I appreciate that.

Indy, I haven't looked at your surgery link yet...not sure I can handle it. I get pretty squeamish where blood and guts are involved...LOL

I hope both you gals and everybody else is having a good week-end so far. It was 75 degrees here today and after I finished my chores I went out in the new patio and got that all set up...it looks pretty good too, if I do say so myself. All there is left to do is stock the 'drinks fridg' and I'll be all ready for summer.(now watch it turn off colder than a well diggers ...well you know.... Have a great night and (((HUGS))) all around! Ciao for now.
FATSO

Franklin, IN

#17103 Mar 16, 2013
Amazing how eating yourself into poor health can make u a celebrity! Un-fregin believable!

“wanna dance?”

Location hidden

#17104 Mar 16, 2013
FATSO wrote:
Amazing how eating yourself into poor health can make u a celebrity! Un-fregin believable!
What's the matter there Slick, ya JEALOUS?! Just because YOU won't DO anything to improve your life style ya gotta put someone else down for making a life altering decision? What makes you think that the weight is from overeating? Did you ever consider that perhaps it's a medical condition? Of course you didn't. Making hateful remarks about things you have NO KNOWLEDGE of makes you feel superior doesn't it? When in fact it shows your ignorance and cruelty! WAY TO GO, Slick!!

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#17105 Mar 16, 2013
FATSO wrote:
I did not do this procedure because of eating myself into poor health. I did it because of genetics and what the outcome has been for other family members. I did it to stop what the past has brought to other family members that have the same problems. You know genetics play a big part of your make-up.I did it not for weight but for what weight can cause plus certain surgeries caused. A woman usually has a lot of operations, hysterectomy, Thyroid removed and once your metabolism is gone then the pills start. If you read my first statement I got rid of a lot of pills and shots and to me that is well worth it.
Why don't you be positive and stop the negative thing here. Everyone has a different way of handling their situation and I just added 15 years to my life. What do you do about yours??

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#17106 Mar 16, 2013
Lady River wrote:
Thanks Daisy. I appreciate that.
Indy, I haven't looked at your surgery link yet...not sure I can handle it. I get pretty squeamish where blood and guts are involved...LOL
I hope both you gals and everybody else is having a good week-end so far. It was 75 degrees here today and after I finished my chores I went out in the new patio and got that all set up...it looks pretty good too, if I do say so myself. All there is left to do is stock the 'drinks fridg' and I'll be all ready for summer.(now watch it turn off colder than a well diggers ...well you know.... Have a great night and (((HUGS))) all around! Ciao for now.
It is to snow here tomorrow. yuck. But that's okay I am housebound for a while and don't mind it at all. I am going to try to do a few clients on Monday. I hope it is not too soon. If I get too weak I will stop I guess. I push myself and I think that has helped in my healing.

Love ya sista and will be praying for you next week.
Did you get my message about White Rains email??????

It is only 35 here today got up to 45 dang I wish it had been 70 here. Lucky you
Now got a peep out of dirty dingus and Sgt. This weekend. Now I wonder what they are up to now???????? They are too quiet

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#17107 Mar 16, 2013
Lady River wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter there Slick, ya JEALOUS?! Just because YOU won't DO anything to improve your life style ya gotta put someone else down for making a life altering decision? What makes you think that the weight is from overeating? Did you ever consider that perhaps it's a medical condition? Of course you didn't. Making hateful remarks about things you have NO KNOWLEDGE of makes you feel superior doesn't it? When in fact it shows your ignorance and cruelty! WAY TO GO, Slick!!
Don't worry about it Lady River we know where it is coming from the nice thread and the jeckll and Hyde character change to this thread lol continue on with your stuff and so will I.

“wanna dance?”

Location hidden

#17108 Mar 16, 2013
Yes Indy I got the message about the email.....I guess I didn't get it tho....I talked to her this afternoon and she sounds GREAT!! She also said that it wasn't her on the computer. Maybe it was her daughter cleaning her account from her house. Rain said that she wouldn't be up THAT early anyway.

YEAH and just WHERE is that Sgt and D.D. Magee? As well as everybody else?

(Indy, you just hang in there girl and the heck with the bashers) I guess I need to take my own advice. I notice that I'm getting pretty hateful here lately....Guess it's my 'time of the decade' wink..........LOL..........AWW W the JOYS of being an old crone! CACKLES!
FATSO

Franklin, IN

#17109 Mar 16, 2013
A bag of m-m is not genetic! Esp when I am paying for it!

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#17110 Mar 16, 2013
FATSO wrote:
A bag of m-m is not genetic! Esp when I am paying for it!
What are you paying for ??. I pay a hefty price for a supplement and Medicare which has nothing to do with you paying anything.
I am not on Medicaid but am on Medicare big difference stupid.
Medicaid is welfare you must be used to that word. Medicare is for people over 65 or widows or widowers. They take the premium out of your Social Security every month. Get a grip.
Learn the difference between Medicare and Medicaid. Google it
Bus Driver

Conway, AR

#17112 Mar 17, 2013
Sure was a good breakfast, thanks Jim. Now I've got to get back to Paris, France (those people in France sure don't know how to make a very good and healthy American breakfast)

Paris France = If your the last... thread.
TMI

Brookville, IN

#17113 Mar 17, 2013
QUOTE who="indycorvette" <quoted text>
I did not do this procedure because of eating myself into poor health. I did it because of genetics and what the outcome has been for other family members.

It is obvious you can't control what comes out of your mouth...or from your keyboard. You didn't control what you put into your mouth either. We have read on this thread for years about all the fattening, unhealthy junk you ate, even AFTER your diabetes diagnosis. Now you want to blame your obesity on genetics. HAR!
If you think your paltry contribution to medicare even began to pay for your surgery, think again. You need to thank the taxpayers.
friend

Elkhart, IN

#17114 Mar 17, 2013
TMI wrote:
I did not do this procedure because of eating myself into poor health. I did it because of genetics and what the outcome has been for other family members.
It is obvious you can't control what comes out of your mouth...or from your keyboard. You didn't control what you put into your mouth either. We have read on this thread for years about all the fattening, unhealthy junk you ate, even AFTER your diabetes diagnosis. Now you want to blame your obesity on genetics. HAR!
If you think your paltry contribution to medicare even began to pay for your surgery, think again. You need to thank the taxpayers.
Look you!! You sound angry. I think we all can type our opinions here. It makes me mad when people talk about our f"free" Medicare. Gov. takes over $100.00 per mo. out of our s.s. checks and WE PAY upwards to $400.00 for our supplement to cover what Medicare does not cover.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#17116 Mar 17, 2013
TMI wrote:
I really feel sorry for you for being born a jerk. I know you can't help it.

I have worked all my life and paid my way. I know that and that is all that matters to me. No one pays my medical bills but me and my insurance I have.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#17117 Mar 17, 2013
Jim_Lahey wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just semantics really. Gastric sleeve? Lap Band? If I were morbidly obese I think I would opt for the lap band procedure only because it looks to be less invasive.
Sleeve gastrectomy (or gastric sleeve) is a restrictive procedure where the stomach is reduced to about the size of a banana using a large number of staples, and the larger part of the stomach is removed. The smaller stomach restricts or limits the amount of food you can eat but allows for normal digestion and absorption of nutrients. Sleeve gastrectomy is permanent. The procedures was originally developed as a two part treatment where the patient first has sleeve gastrectomy and once their weight reached a certain level, a second treatment such as gastric bypass was performed. In these cases, sleeve gastrectomy was designed for patients with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 60 or higher.
The Lap Band procedure, on the other hand, involves no cutting or stapling of the stomach or intestinal rerouting, it is adjustable and reversible and designed for sustained weight-loss. The Lap Band procedure is a restrictive procedure during which an adjustable gastric band is placed around the upper part of the stomach. This creates a smaller stomach pouch, which restricts the amount of food that can be consumed at one time and helps the patient to feel full sooner. As a result, patients achieve sustained weight-loss by limiting food intake and reducing appetite while allowing for the normal absorption of nutrients.
Here's the breakfast menu, enjoy!
1% or skim milk
Soy milk fortified with calcium and vitamin D
Strained, thinned cream soups or tomato soup
100% fruit juice apple and white grape have lower acidity Tea hot or cold
Hot chocolate
Coffee
Broth
Sugar-free Carnation Instant Breakfast
Remember: no carbonated liquids!
Mr. Lahey you should study further please.
They have almost stopped doing the lap band because you can still eat sugar and things you shouldn't. Sometime it is not the weight but the conditions a person has that the procedure is good for. People were finding a way around it like they do everything else. It was not restrictive enough and the band is not sturdy. You are right lap band procedure is not as invasive but not as good a plan either.
I talked a long time to surgeons to see what would be the best for me. Every one is different and have different problems. If I needed to lose over 100 pounds then the Roux-en-Y Gastric by pass would be the one. I don't need to lose that much weight. Mine was the conditions and most of those are already gone and no medication needed anymore. Now as far as BMI my doctors had to stretch it a little so I could get the surgery. Mine was not way up there like you put 60 lol. Not even close. I have a large muscle mass more than fat.
I am very pleased with that I chose to do and it takes a strong constitution to go through with it.
Now go eat that awful sounding breakfast you posted lol lol

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#17118 Mar 17, 2013
friend wrote:
<quoted text>Look you!! You sound angry. I think we all can type our opinions here. It makes me mad when people talk about our f"free" Medicare. Gov. takes over $100.00 per mo. out of our s.s. checks and WE PAY upwards to $400.00 for our supplement to cover what Medicare does not cover.
These idiots are just cyber bullies and they just hover around anywhere they can raise a stink.
You and I know that for many years we have paid our own insurance and still do. This person probably sits on their ass and collects from our taxpaying dollars or money we have paid into the government for many years and we pay for their internet and booze instead of food.
Don't worry I will continue to try to answer your questions no matter what the stupid idiots put on here.
anymore questions just ask. If I think of something else I will tell you as soon as I think of it. There is a lot to consider.
Take care

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#17119 Mar 17, 2013
Bus Driver wrote:
Sure was a good breakfast, thanks Jim. Now I've got to get back to Paris, France (those people in France sure don't know how to make a very good and healthy American breakfast)
Paris France = If your the last... thread.
Bus driver you must have really been hungry to want that breakfast LMAO Just kidding. I am trying to get over to the other thread. sometimes I am like Milee and just draw a blank lol.

I am glad you posted here today Stop back soon
Take care

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 8 min The REAL Master S... 204
Are catholic people welcoming of the devil 12 min The REAL Master S... 8
What happened at Conner court today 4 hr Just wondering 1
Matt Boatman and the river rats 5 hr hmm 3
Brittany Gray 5 hr Dylan 3
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 6 hr Fairydust 7,746
six letter word game (Jan '15) 6 hr Fairydust 458

Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance